[Sahova DS Office - Panna Cotta] The Cake is a Lie

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within this forum, all Storytellers of any level may feel free to create their office threads. These threads are then used for active thread lists, XP requests, and other communications that aren't necessarily PM required.

Moderators: Junior Storytellers, Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Scribes, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Panna Cotta on May 23rd, 2010, 1:30 pm

Pan's Emporium of Candies, DS Requests and Threadlists

The day before yesterday I saw a rabbit, yesterday a deer, and today, you.

Credits to lola-art for the pretty white fairy.

WHAT I BELIEVE I'M GOOD AT
1. Magic of all kinds!
2. Adventure (Could be land-based or water-borne vessel based)
3. Puzzles!
4. Uldr and The Returned
5. Ruining lives

WHAT YOU SHOULD NOT EXPECT ME TO APPRECIATE OR KNOW
1. Anything that happens outside the Region of Syliras
2. Kelvics (My brain has limited capacity to understand their shapeshifting abilities!)
3. Multi-colored posts (I have poor eye-sight. Avoid sending me threads with Technicolor and/or bright neon fonts.)

WHAT I'M DOING RIGHT NOW

Thread List:
1. Past the Vanishing Point - Amireh
2. The Crow's Bill is as Blue as Lead - Rayage
3. Through adversity to the Stars - Sanguine Black

Development List:
1. Sahova NPCs
2. Sahova Wiki
Last edited by Panna Cotta on May 15th, 2011, 3:17 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

[Sahova AS Office - Panna Cotta] The Cake is a Lie

Postby Panna Cotta on July 18th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Questions that Panna Cotta wanted you to ask her

Where did the name Panna Cotta come from?

A certain gelatinous dessert that I truly love.

Can you please mod my thread?

I'm not a powerhouse when it comes to posting, but I will accommodate any, if not all, thread requests that come my way. I like to pretend that I'm a versatile writer, even if it means thinking until my brain gives birth to plot bunnies that I can give away to other people. It also means that I am humble enough to be a doormat to roleplay with anybody, as long as they play by the rules (and would not mind a less-than-creative moderator to roleplay with them). You also have to understand that at the very least I write for one thread a week, so there are no promises of immediate replies.

Is there a type of thread that you will not mod?

Tricky question. Modding threads is my job. I volunteered to be an Storyteller, and that means I'll do my job to the best of my abilities. I may not like every mod request that will come my way, but surely players would be kind enough to cooperate and compromise, yes? I don't like turning people down, and I hate discriminating people by putting them into labeled boxes, so I'll accept any thread requests and discuss any changes that I see fit.

How do you moderate threads or roleplay NPCs?

"Can we please do a thread together?" is like "Hello." The rest of the thread is a battle between who I want to be in the thread and what the player wants me to be or who the player expects me to be. I believe in meeting halfway, and would gladly discuss the general outcome of the thread, but it doesn't mean that I will go through the motions and get it done with. I get whimsical sometimes, and I have a weird brand of humor and an odd sense of adventure. That means I may twist the story, bend the plot, create loose ends and become unpredictable. I like creating unique characters to complement or contrast the PCs I interact with, they are usually products of a wild imagination. I love conflict, and would casually inject doubt or lure the player into doing something they think I want them to do. I like seeing how PCs react with their environment, so I like creating hostile and challenging settings. It's a hit and miss, so I'm not saying I'm exactly fun to thread with. I'm too chaotic, I think.

How often do you post?

While I try to visit daily, I only allow myself to post every other day if I'm not busy. I like to give enough time to my PC as well. I prioritize my life more than Mizahar, so I can slow myself to once a week posting. If I take longer, it doesn't mean I'm shirking responsibility. It's probably because real life dried up my creative juices and my brain temporarily turned into a raisin.

What is your opinion of self-moderated threads?

I don't hate me-me threads. I think I'm capable enough to judge when a player is trying to run the mile in order to gain that sweet 5 XP on a thread or when a player is being constipated and is only forcing himself just to gain quick XP. I respect training threads that is centered on the PC and the PC only, but it always depend on what the player is trying to accomplish. I admire self-mod threads that includes a variety of characters and presents plot forks and interesting denouements.

How would you award experience?

I like knowing a little backstory to the PCs that I RP with, so I'll give bias to giving XP to the skills that would matter most to the PC. If time permits, I'd read previous threads, see how the PC is being developed. I'd give plus points to PCs who would do ordinary skills and write them extraordinarily. I'd give additional points to PCs who would go out of their way and look for a "teacher" to properly teach them the skills they want to learn, or burn their fingers by doing research or enrolling in classes in order to study the skills they want to improve. I approve PCs who fail in what they do, especially if the grind and grovel in order to bring out the best in them: experience gives the lesson first, the XP afterwards. I disapprove giving experience to an ill-thought self-training thread with less than a paragraph of words that did not bother to stretch out scenes. Not that I approve of flowery tl;dr threads, I'm just saying appetizing narrations deserve fulfilling rewards.

What kind of lores do you award?

All that I can and as many as I can! If one feels like the thread was able to expound on a certain activity or knowledge that deserves a lore, no matter how silly, I'll find a way to award it. I try to be specific with the lores I award, as these are the things that PCs should not be limited to acquire.

Who is the person behind Panna Cotta?

It's a secret. I prefer to have a line between my PCs and my moderator account. The mysterious reason for doing so is actually very selfish. I would like to be at peace when I enter chat as my PC, so would not have to bother with Storyteller-related stuff when I want to focus on RP. I'm not like other storytellers who can juggle both their mod and PC account/s under one persona. I apologize if doing this put up unnecessary mysterious vibes or caused you undue stress. It's not really important, let it go.

In the clever circumstance that you find out who I am, I request that you respect my sense of privacy. I will be forever grateful. :)
Last edited by Panna Cotta on December 16th, 2010, 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

[Sahova AS Office - Panna Cotta] The Cake is a Lie

Postby Panna Cotta on September 17th, 2010, 2:08 pm

Codesprinting

Thread XP
Code: Select all
[framepic=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2380][color=#000000] [center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2448[/img][/center]
[frametrans=#000000,5][style=width:600px; height:370px; padding:10px; color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2455); background-repeat:no-repeat;][b]NAME[/b]

[list]
[*] Skill Award
[*] Lore Award
[/list]
[/style][/frametrans][/color][/framepic]

Seasonal XP
[framepic=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2380][color=#000000] [center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2449[/img][/center]
[frametrans=#000000,5][style=width:600px; height:370px; padding:10px; color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2455); background-repeat:no-repeat;][b]NAME[/b]

[list]
[*] Skill Award
[/list]

[b]Additional Notes:[/b] The Cake Is A Lie [/style][/frametrans][/color][/framepic]

Moderator Intervention
[framepic=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2380][color=#000000] [center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2451[/img][/center]
[frametrans=#000000,5][style=width:600px; height:370px; padding:10px; color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=2455); background-repeat:no-repeat;]
The Cake is a Lie
[/style][/frametrans][/color][/framepic]

Last edited by Panna Cotta on October 15th, 2010, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Office
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Graffius on July 4th, 2011, 3:24 am

A Ship to Sahova

Graffius practices alone in the bowels of a ship soon to arrive to Sahova, researching and practicing new things while documenting his findings. Both of which are specialized to Reimancy and Shielding.

I'm essentially looking for Shielding and Reimancy XP and any Lores available as usual. Thank you.

Edit: Also Liel has done some Sewing in the thread as well and she would naturally receive XP as well.
Graffius
Moon Sugar

Words: 42088
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2011, 9:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nil'kayn on August 7th, 2011, 11:03 pm

Thread Name: An Incident!

Link:http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic10573-10.html

Kayn saves a kelvic(Kaja) from a bear and feeds and clothes, her and then she disappears. (We planned to have a ST of some kind come in and play some bandits, but we couldn't find anyone.)

We don't care what exp we get, whatever you feel fits. (Copy Paste is beautiful.)

~Nilkayn
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Victor Lark on August 9th, 2011, 12:33 am

Darker Than The Water
Two love bugs frolic in a pond. Naturally, blood is shed. The scuffle only lasted a few seconds so if we don't deserve any points for it that's fine, but if you do award them then I prefer brawling and Sophia would like unarmed.
Victor Lark
How does that make you feel?

Words: 412831
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on August 14th, 2011, 12:25 am

I am here for similar reasons to Bob, that being the exact same thing as why he is here. So, here is my entry thread for entering Sahova.

I am here due to the compulsion i received to go here, though he does not know why he is here IC. OOC, he is here to try to regain his magics.

Info should be in his storytellers secret thread. I look forward to rping here. I am waiting on the docks for your reply.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Bryan on August 26th, 2011, 1:41 pm

Hi there Panna, I recently finished a thread in the Wilds and would like a grade for it pleeeeease! I'll bake a peach cobbler just for you! ;)
Story of my Life
Bryan and Lucy make camp in a secluded grotto, but Bryan feels unsure that it's still safe. (Paranoid obviously) So he set's up a trap, and then tells the story of his past and his reasons for going to Ravok in such a hurry. That about sums it up.:)
"When he falls before me and I'm the one standing before him, he find out just how much hate I've held in store for him...."
Bryan
Avenger

Words: 35756
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2011, 8:04 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Nil'kayn on September 12th, 2011, 9:38 am

Thread Name: Room for More?

Link:http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic12295-60.html

Continuation of a Quick Dip. Kayn guts a boar. Trains with some new comers, and looses two of his acquiescence. (A very all over the place thread not really that great)

We don't care what exp we get, whatever you feel fits.

~Nilkayn
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.
Note: Unless stated otherwise, Nilkayn is speaking in common, except for his thoughts.
Disclaimer: All the images I use ARE NOT MINE, and I do not claim ownership of them. Thank you to the artists, photographers, or models who created them.
Nil'kayn
Someone...

Words: 60524
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2011, 10:28 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Rayage on September 22nd, 2011, 7:13 am

Hello Pan Pan,

I feel sad that you are so busy with life, but that is just me being selfish. So, I thought I would share with you ^.^

I have a thread for you to grade :) Homunculus Trials: 2-A it is basically Ray taking steps towards understanding life and further working on understanding the process of homunculus creation. :)

Thank you for grading this for me.

Your Sahovan Mage,

Rayage
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)