Rolling in to say "I'm New"

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Byronn on May 24th, 2017, 5:23 pm

Good day Mizaharians!

My SN is Byronn and I decided to jump in with both feet after a few days of reading and just plain out stalking the site! Some people I have already met through the live chat, but I wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself!

A little about me to sate the curiosity

I am a role player of 13 years from before the days of the social media and pages that offer rp. I first started when I was 17 and in my senior year of high school. Back then (in 2004) the web wasn't like it was today, so my friends and I became creative and wrote in "the Book" a notebook we passed around to each other weekly to write stories, with each of us controlling one or two characters each. I will be honest, it might have not been the best stories created. Many Mary sue characters and overpowered lunatics galore, but those memories and first baby steps in the world of creative writing will stick with me for the rest of my days. Since then I have learned and grew with my writing and character creation skills and even found that when you become comfortable in yourself as a writer, the sky is the limit. Even genders are not restricted, which brings me to say I am a female writer who often writes both male and female characters. My first character for this site is a male character who I have adapted to fit the world of Miz and hope that in time I can bring others here as well.

As a side note I am a mother of Two girls, Q who is 4 and Chuck who is a newborn only three weeks. Because of the birth of Chuck I had to take a break from live role play (not to be confused with larp) and move to something that is more flexible with time. Something that would allow me to post on my own schedule without having the pressure to post right after another so more can post as well (normally within 15 minutes of each other). After a lazy search online I found Miz and decided to take a peek. Needless to say where that had landed me, right here in awesomeville. So I am excited to start something new and read the creative stories everyone is weaving, with hopes I can keep up.

Now I feel like a bit of a windbag and will say, I am just happy to be here!
Byronn
The Big Bear

Words: 7886
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2017, 1:06 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on May 24th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Welcome! It's been lovely meeting you in chat.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Salara Kel'Halavath on May 24th, 2017, 7:40 pm

Byronn,
Welcome! I think it is really cool that you can play both IC male and female. I've considered giving it a try; but for me I think it would be doubly difficult. I look forward to following along with his story and perhaps Salara and he will bump into each other some season.
Enjoy~*
Salara Kel'Halavath
What would She do?

Words: 225508
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2016, 8:26 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Yisanareysin on May 25th, 2017, 1:12 am