Closed [Black Waters] Internships are an odd thing [Hwyn]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Black Waters] Internships are an odd thing [Hwyn]

Postby Lilith Krauss on June 16th, 2017, 4:41 pm

25th of Summer 517.av.
Black Waters Spa

”No! I refuse, and you can’t make me!” a voice rang through the empty hall of the Black Waters Spa. Lilith didn’t recognize it, but it was clear that the person in question was rather irritated by something. Lilith peaked through the door of the room she usually worked in, she saw nobody, but she heard another ‘no’ and another ‘no’ come from the first floor. Her own curiosity got the best of her and since no customers should be coming in for another bell or so, she ventured downstairs to find out what the issue was about.

There, by the entrance, she saw several employees and The Mistress herself, Seron Riversong. The owner of this place, and as Lilith tend to see her, a figurative owner of her for as long as she worked in this place. ”So much noise, but I don’t see a drum...what’s happening?” the people looked at her, it was Logan who finally answered ”In Ravok we have an orphanage, I’m not aware of the whole system that goes there, you would need to go ask someone who is from there or maybe their liaison, but the point is, when a kid there reaches a certain age point, they can have internships in the city, if they chose” ”sounds a lot better than the orphanage I grew up in” Lilith interrupted without thinking ”sorry, as you were saying?” ”For internships, an owner of a business in the city can offer their place, Lady Riversong had offered to have an intern come in and he is coming in today” There was a hint of displeasure in his tone and the eyes of the others looked not so pleased as well, but Lilith couldn’t quite understand why.

”I don’t quite see what the problem is””someone has to supervise the child, meaning that their own work efficiency can go down drastically” Main issue here, was that these children most likely didn’t have experience in the trade, maybe some theoretical knowledge at best. You couldn’t have them randomly help everyone, as they could potentially intrude someone's work session, handing them clientele was also tricky, as they could by accident press on a bad nerve ending. ”in short, nobody wants to be a supervisor” Now, Lilith could see the problem, having interns might be a valuable thing for the reputation of the business in the eyes of the city, but the workers might not be so pleased.

”Lilith, would you be interested in this?” The Mistress asked, it was clear that the question was more of an order and Lilith oh so wanted to say ‘no’, it rolled in her mind, she didn’t want to be stuck with someone who was only going to slow her down. Lilith was determined to say ‘no’ ”yes” but she couldn’t, she had problems saying ‘no’ to people, she had large issues saying ‘no’ to someone she worked for.

The people rejoiced, thanking Lilith for the ‘sacrifice’ and the Mistress instructed Lilith to wait for the orphan to arrive and then show them around.
Lilith Krauss
I might be a damsel, but I'm not in distress

Words: 25658
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2017, 9:10 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets