Playful Prodding (Iris)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Playful Prodding (Iris)

Postby Kellan Lucia on November 19th, 2010, 10:44 pm

Timestamp: 70th of Autumn, 510 AV

The sky always enchanted Kellan. He had only been there once on the back of Alwin, an eagle fledgling. It was the most amazing experience of his life. He had been waiting his whole life for it and he could not help but dream of being in the sky again. Sadly he would have to wait. The eagles were intelligent and they took their time choosing their riders. Kellan admired the patience that the great birds had although he could not say that he had the same amount. He itched to be in the sky again which is why he was in the Courtyard of the Sky. It was one of the few places one could see the sky from inside the city of Wind Reach.

The cold of Autumn was evident all throughout the Courtyard. The air held a bit of a crisp feeling as it nipped at Kellan's cheeks and made him shiver. The scarf Drusilla had made him was warm but it did not keep the occasional shiver from sneaking its way through his thick clothing. A sigh broke through the quiet if the courtyard. Drusilla wove him the scarf for rides in the sky on the back of Alwin. The scarf had not seen anything but the tunnels of Wind Reach and the cool floor of the Tisuma Baths. His golden eyes looked up toward the cloudy sky which was visible through the ceiling of the Courtyard. "I wish I was up there." Although Kellan lived on the ground his mind was always in the clouds.
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Playful Prodding (Iris)

Postby Iris on November 23rd, 2010, 2:23 pm

Iris made her way through the Courtyard, the chilly wind making her shiver and whipping up her white hair. She walked quickly with her pale arms crossed trying, and failing, to keep the chill out of her dark grey Lontev. She was happy, or at least as happy as a dek could be: the day hadn’t been too bad even though she had missed a meal, but alas she was used to it by now.

She noticed a boy looking fixed up at the sky, she couldn’t help but notice the intensity of the stare. She glanced up at the sky herself, her weak reddish eyes locked in a lost battle to try to see better. She tried to decipher what was so intriguing to the figure in front of her, lost for a second in the immensity of the overhanging sky she walked almost straight into him.

She regained her balance quickly, passing all her life with a very bad eyesight had heightened some senses. This, sadly couldn’t be said about the unsuspecting person she had just bumped into and inadvertently tripped up. She bit her lip waiting for the onslaught that, yes would ruin her day. She bitterly thought “If you want to learn to fly, learn to fall first”
She glanced at the sky a little smile controversially forming on her lips, she then tried to make out who she had in front of her.
Iris
Albino Inarta

Words: 3784
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:21 pm
Character sheet

Playful Prodding (Iris)

Postby Kellan Lucia on November 29th, 2010, 8:28 pm

The clouds floated through the sky and even though in body the Endal to be was not with them his mind was right there. He closed his eyes and behind shut lids he was on the back of an eagle soaring throughout he sky. He felt he wind buffeting his face and the ruffle of the feathers against his palms. He was there in the sky even if his feet were planted firmly on the ground. There was a bump against Kellan's body as he flew…, a bump? The clouds disappeared from sight and the winds died down. Kellan's golden eyes fluttered open to see what or who disrupted his vivid daydream. Kellan normally would have been angry about someone ruining a good daydream of his but instead he just looked at the girl calmly. The fact that the girl was a female was a large factor in is calmness. Kellan rarely ever raised his voice or got angry with women. Besides, he viewed himself as a gentleman and gentlemen did not ruffle their feathers around a beautiful woman.

"Hey there little lady! Are you okay? I know I am a bit short but I don't think I'm invisible!" Kellan rarely made light of his short stature. Being five foot six was never exactly made his list of things he was proud of. He was actually very ashamed of being so short. He looked at the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder. He knew had had seen her around Wind Reach before. He had never seen her up close though, close enough to see that she had red eyes. "Here, let me help you sit." Kellan was quite interested in the girl if not only for the fact that she looked so different from everyone in the city. She looked like an Inarta but her hair was white and her eyes were red. He could not help but stare.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Playful Prodding (Iris)

Postby Iris on November 30th, 2010, 4:29 pm

She wasn’t expecting his reaction, and taken aback Iris actually smile her pinkish eyes sparkling.
Short? She chuckled inwardly and answered “Don’t worry your not that invisible, at lest not yet” She paused and added “I’m okay…thanks, and uh, sorry”
She extended a pale white finger and brushed a lock of white hair out of her eyes, she shivered as another shiver ran up her spine aware of his stare she averted her eyes. You got used to it but every time it was a reminder that she stuck out like a fire on a dark night. It was bad enough not being able to slink away in a crowd of Inarta and avoid trouble! But you always got the stares…
Hoping to break the spell she said “I’m Iris and you are…?” The question was intoned lightly as if she didn’t really expect an answer.
Iris
Albino Inarta

Character sheet

Playful Prodding (Iris)

Postby Kellan Lucia on November 30th, 2010, 7:56 pm

"Am I dissapearing? " Kellan patted his body down as if he was checking if he was evaporating into thin air. "No... all good." He was confused about the woman's remark but he pushed it out of his mind. He had never heard of anyone just dissapearing into nothingness so he decided that he should not worry. "I'm going to dissapear? How so?" The woman seemed a bit despondent but that was nothing that Kellan could not fix. More so that he thought he could fix. He fancied himself as a ladies man and he liked to believe that he could make any woman smile. It had been thoroughly proven that this was in no way the case but he still told himself that he was the boy wonder that he liked to think he was.

Iris... it was a name not commonly given in Wind Reach. It was feminine and soft, possibly even fragile. As Inarta go there are very few fragile people, even woman. Of course every race had their exceptions. Kellan knew that just as well as anyone. His late twin brother had been on of the those exceptions. He was just a tad to kind and far too peaceful for the rambuncious life in Wind Reach. Kellan extented a land to the light haired woman. "I'm Kellan. K-E-L-L-A-N. I have taken to spelling it lately. People tend to think my name is Kellen which is certainly not the case." The act of spelling his name as a bit remidial but he felt it added character and maybe even made him sound a bit cute. "So if I may ask miss Iris, what brings you to the Courtyard of the Sky?" Kellan smiled and looked around. He loved the courtyard more than one could imagine. It was filled with the more finer of his memories. The ones that he did not mind thinking back to. "I love coming here because one can see the sky. It is the fate of the Inarta tried and true to fly among the sky ever so blue." He smiled at her and ran his fingers through his hair. "Clever huh?"
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet

Playful Prodding (Iris)

Postby Iris on December 3rd, 2010, 9:25 am

“I don’t really know” She said “But I’m sure people could disappear…fade away. It all depends what you intend for disappearing…” She smiled inwardly.

She raised a white eyebrow at his very careful spelling. She had white eyebrows as well as white eyelashes. “Nothing brings me her, Kellan” She looked relieved, she liked the word nothing, it was so rare if not non-existent for a Dek…
The sky, she looked up trying to focus on the faraway emptiness. She opened her mouth, paused and said carefully “I don’t need the sky to fly, because I will never have the sky, you, on the other hand??” An Endal woudnt say something like that for sure...maybe he was still trying to bond with a wild eagle.
About it being clever she just smiled not wanting to disappoint him.
Iris
Albino Inarta

Character sheet

Playful Prodding (Iris)

Postby Kellan Lucia on December 16th, 2010, 3:53 am

The reasoning was quite simple. Why did any Inarta come to the Courtyard? "I came to see the sky of course. Also this place holds... fond memories for me." These fond memories all circulated around Toran, Kellan's late brother. He was a reoccuring theme in Kellan's life. One tended to cling to lost brethren especially ones of the identical twin nature. There was something spooky about missing a person who looked exactly like you. 

Although Kellan did not want to boiseriously admit it, he could tell this girl was a dek. This was evident for many reasons. For one, she was dressed like one. She was clothed simply and her face was a little dirtied. The most evident fact of her low caste was her coloring. Of course the girl held the light skin of the Inarta but her hair was white! She did not look like a Konti nor did she look old. Kellan was curious as to why the girl's hair was so light if she was an inarta. He played with the thought of asking her but finally decided the question was too personal. 

There had to be something to say to the girl. Kellan just did not know what. It was not often that he was stumped for words but there he was, Kellan Lucia lost for words. The question of her hair kept coming to him and finally he broke down and popped the question. "You are an Inarta right? If you are an Inarta why is your hair white? With all due respect of course. It's just that inquiring minds want to know." He smiled at her and leaned back against the stone pillar behind him. He closed his eyes and breathed in. Of one did not know better, or was blind to his fiery red hair, they might have taken him for a cat kelvic sunbathing in Syna's rays.
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Character sheet