Award September's Featured Thread Is...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

September's Featured Thread Is...

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2017, 4:46 pm

A Featured Thread is one selected by the populace to be awarded to the next generation of winners from the previous generation of winners. Taurina is now responsible for selecting October's Featured Thread. Please have that nomination into me by the middle to the end of next month!

So without further ado...

Konrad Venger wrote:I've chosen Catcher of Dreams

The bond between Drykas and Strider is one of the staples of Drykas culture, but it's rare that you get to read it so tenderly cemented... and by an outsider, no less! Taurina did a terrific job here, not just in accomplishing the roleplay objective of gaining her otherworldly steed, but by setting the scene for that bond so perfectly.

Ethaefals are one of the most exotic, mysterious, and tragic races in Mizahar, and that last part is often overlooked. But Taurina really nailed the despair and dislocation her people feel from their lord and father: how they can see him every night, and know he's part of them, but always be removed from his words. That's where the story started, and our tormented yet plucky Leth Child finds her solace in a night ride, a spectral child... and the bravery to pass the test the gods set her.

All of which does absolutely bugger all justice to the narrative journey she takes the reader on. Which is why I chose it, why I recommend it, and why I advise all Drykas players looking to get their Strider to read, enjoy, and learn!

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Prophet on September 1st, 2017, 4:48 pm

I love this thread, too. Good choice, Konrad.

Congratulations, Taurina!
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Tierra on September 2nd, 2017, 7:35 pm

I wll certainly have to read it. Congrats!
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Yisanareysin on September 6th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Congrats :3--<
ImageImageImage