Closed Birds of a feather, get flowers together?

69th of Summer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Birds of a feather, get flowers together?

Postby Hwyn on September 1st, 2017, 1:06 am

Lightning cracked, lighting up the windows of the orphanage. If it hadn’t made him jump nearly out of his socks he would not have believed it. The thunder that followed confirmed that what he’d seen was real. It was strange to think that it was going to storm. Thinking about it, it occurred to him that it really hadn’t rained in a very long time, in fact it hadn’t rained or stormed or snowed in Ravok the entirety of the time he’d lived within it. So why now? Leaving room where he slept he went to the roof, it’s flat top an inviting location to spectate such a spectacle.
Standing there he looked to the sky happy to enjoy the summer storm approaching. His ruby corona eyes staring into the heavens as he pondered if they were staring back. Then the thunder rolled and lightning cracked above him, the disjointed percussion directing a unseen orchestra of godly proportions. Natures very own ensemble.

The city itself was a sight to see in the unnatural darkness elicited by the clouds overhead torches that would normally only be seen at night began to dot the city. Lit by flame and by the dancing lighting that lashed at the clouds the city took on a dark, if oddly festive air as it was lit by flashing chromatic colors and people everywhere paused to watch the spectacle.

Humming to himself he watched unaware of anything beyond the lighting and approaching storm, even as the clouds blotted any traces of blue from the sky no rain fell. It felt unnatural for such heavy clouds to not unleash endless torrents on them but something held the rain at bay. Perhaps it was Ravoks very own god king but Hwyn was not to type to consider such a display of power, if that was what it was anything more that hubris on display. Shaking away the negative thought he decided it was unimportant and that he was content to simply enjoy the cool breeze and dazzling displays that the sky did entertain with. His only surprise that he was the only of the orphans at the moment out and about happy to brave the storm above.
Last edited by Hwyn on September 12th, 2017, 1:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Tierra on September 1st, 2017, 1:07 am

Tierra woke with a startling jerk. Her eyes went wide as a thunderous clap erupted in the air above the orphanage. It was a sound the orphan had always heard in the distance usually never in her twelve years as she heard it within the city though. Panting heavily the girl waited for her body to calm down before she tossed the blanket away and shoved her feet into shoes and a jacket over her small frame. A storm here in Ravok. This I must see. It was after curfew for the orphans so she needed to be careful or she was going to be caught by one of Miss Sonja’s assistants and that just would not do. She had to step quietly as well in the room she was in. The flooring was squeaky in this room and Tie knew if she didn’t step ever so lightly near the beds.

As if the building wanted her to be caught the orphan’s foot settled down on a corner of a plank and as her weight came bearing down it squeaked rather loudly. Tie froze in her place, softly breathing as she listened, the nearby sleeping orphan was still fast asleep and this was a good sign. Lightening flashed in the window; this would soon follow by a crashing thunderous boom though as the storm settled upon the city. Tierra remained frozen, knowing that she could move between flash and boom but she also knew she could just climb back into bed and cover her head and pretend it was all a dream. Or she could stand still and wait. The standing and waiting won over and once the boom echoed outside a few shrieking orphans woke in another room and then several ticks later the girl could hear them rustling back under their covers to the slumber that overtook them.

Okay. Now. Tie picked up the speed and started to hurry to the room’s door, her hand on the knob as she froze once more, listening. Another door down the corridor opened and then closed. Someone else had left their room. Shyke. She turned the knob, slowly so that it wouldn’t make too much noise as it rattled and turned. The door also protested but this time with each screech the girl grimaced and paused, hoping it wouldn’t wake a nearby soul. Three ticks later and the door’s handle emitted a soft click as the locking hammer slide into the door’s plate. That sounded to Tierra as loud as the thunder that woke her. Another pause and she almost just let go of the knob and ran back to her bed. Storm excitement be damned.

Yet her curiosity won out and she slowly pulled the door and poked her head out to examine the corridor. No Chaperones. That was a good sign to the orphan. As she turned her head the other direction she saw the flickering of a shadow disappearing around the corner. Hmm. She stepped into the hall, whipped around and placed hand on the door to stop it from swinging shut loudly. Her other hand grabbed the knob and cranked it so the hammer was in the door and swung the whole wooden object towards her slowly. It cradled against the frame with a soft thud and her hand slowly released the knob allowing the door to click shut.

Pausing once more though she waited for any footsteps from within the room or from down the corridor. Nothing came though and Tierra stepped away from the door and turned in the direction she saw the shadow fleeing around the corner. With as fast as a gait she could make without too much noise the orphan started down the hallway, pausing and slowing as she reached doors that were cracked open and she could see the flashing the lightening on the other side. Once around the corner though she had missed the shadow – losing the chase. They went towards the rooftop. She hurried down the hall, losing all care of being caught as she was emboldened to follow.

Once at the door to the roof though she paused, pressing her ear against the door and listening outside. There was a heavy buzz from the lightening charging the atmosphere but that was the only thing Tierra could hear. Yanking the door open she stepped out and closed the door. It was immediately noticed that she did not get wet. No rain had fallen.

This was truly odd. Tierra usually saw rain falling from storms that she saw in the distance, only knowing it was rain because she could see the air turn ‘fuzzy’ from the water droplets falling to the ground. Yet tonight’s storm in the city was far different. It was a bit breezy and for once Tie was glad she wore her coat. Turning to look out at the storm face she saw the silhouette of another orphan. She crept as quietly as she could against the flat roof towards the orphan, hoping to not get noticed.

Taller, skinny. Must be one of the older orphans, not sure who though as they are rather… bland not sure if male or female. As she got slower she reached a hand out, not so she could startle the orphan, but because her foot hit a stone and she had lost her balance. Stumbling forward Tierra reached out and with any luck she would manage to snag her target’s clothing and right herself before she found herself tumbling onto the roof itself.
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on September 16th, 2017, 9:39 am

Sometimes it’s easy to get lost in your surroundings, or at least one part of your surroundings. Perhaps that was why he hadn’t noticed the little one’s approach. It was onl;y when she fell on him that the took notice of her presence falling forward in surprise as she tumbled onto, him. Luckily she was as light as he and he was able to catch himself and her as well as they collapsed. Lying there stunned for a moment Hwyn frowned he was used to the Hijinks of the little ones in the orphanage so he wasn’t particularly surprised even though his heart had skipped a beat, any orphan was easier to deal with than one of their many wards.

Lying there stunned for a second hwyn finally groaned in mild annoyance though he protested little beyond that, he didn’t mind children in fact he decidedly liked there presence more so than that of the wards of the orphanage anyway so he didn’t feel like sparking conflict where there was no need for it.

“uhm… If ya don’t mind… c-could ya get off, This storms crazy enough without p-pranks, uhm… Nice night out right”?

Struggling to a sitting position he looked at the orphan who’d fallen on him not sure if he knew her or not, she certainly looked a fair bit younger than him however he wasn’t sure if he knew her, in fact the more he looked at her the more he was sure he did not.
Fixing her with a soft smile he fixed her with his Technicolor eyes greeted her.

“Hiya.. I’m Hwyn b-by the way, I don’t think we’ve m-met… did you come to look at the storm too?”

Standing up Hwyn looked back towards the thunderous sky and it’s black roiling clouds. It really was like nothing he’d ever seen before the black cloud roiling like some great beast made of ink, lightening highlighting it and casting shadows that almost seemed to have faces with sneering mouths and glaring eyes, and other horrific shapes that simply made it all feel ominous it felt as if there was some great pressure in the air pressing down on the entire city of ravok threatening to consume it in an almost living darkness. His long hair whipping about in the breeze Hwyn spread his arms letting his entire body feel the brunt of the gale. He wondered if the winds got any stronger if he’d be carried away or not. It felt very real the threat of this storm picking him up or striking him with lightning or worse, but at the same time it was simply to mesmerizing to ignore. Staring at it he wondered if this was the work of some primeval force beyond nature.

“Have you ever seen anything like this!?”
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Tierra on September 30th, 2017, 3:07 pm

In a moment of shock and embarrassment Tierra blushed at her own clumsiness. “Sorry...” She muttered as she pulled herself off of him. I really am clumsy. “I wasn't trying to prank you. I tripped.” Looking in the direction of the sky though she frowned, it was odd. No rain was falling but the world was stricken was bolts of color both within and out of the clouds. “Yeah.. nice.” To be honest it was rather beautiful, but it was not something she ever wanted to see in her life. This was not normal.

Blinking she looked at Hwyn, his eyes were odd but she didn't say anything about it just slotted it away to write down in her notebook later. “Truth be told Hwyn. I was woken up by the thunder. Woke me from a dead sleep.” Yet this orphan was clearly enjoying it Tie watched as he allowed his hair to be whipped around by the winds, Tie on the other hand wanted to cower away from the brutish winds, it wasn't necessarily strong enough to blow either of them away, but it was deafening and loud. As the force of the gale picked up though Tie found herself squinting to look around, it was almost impossible not to want to stand next to him and follow suit. It looked like it could be fun and the younger of the two stood straighter, her arms still ramrodded down her sides with fists clenched in white-knuckle fear.

Just relax Tierra. She exhaled trying to calm down but it felt like the sky was pressing down on her. It was uncomfortable and the sudden streaking of lightening spooked the girl and she jumped with a shriek. It was as fast as the lightening flashed that Tierra next realized she was hiding behind one of the chimneys trying her hardest to hide from the buffering winds, thunder, and statically charged currents. Granted it didn't provide complete protection but it did provide some from the winds that came rolling over the roof top.

“Growing up in Ravok my whole life I have never seen a storm within the city itself. Usually along the Lakeshore or the lake itself.” Tierra spoke from behind the chimney, it was clear from her voice she would've much loved the storm to end right about now.

WC:398
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes