Closed Catch a Falling Star and.... [Kayak, Hwyn]

Linnaeus falls from grace, landing outside of Ravok.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Catch a Falling Star and.... [Kayak, Hwyn]

Postby Linnaeus on September 17th, 2017, 8:11 pm

2nd day in Fall, 517; right before dawn

Falling felt fine--fun, even--until Linnaeus became aware of what was actually happening. Her mind raced with thoughts.

How did this happen?

The clouds around her were dark and sizzling with static, thunder rumbling in the distance. It was storming harshly, and Linnie's heart fluttered with fear and she lost consciousness.....

....Darkness surrounded her, and she realized that she couldn't breathe. She kicked her feet and began to float up, up, up... and she broke through the surface of the water. She gulped in large gasps of air, swallowing water in between. All around her was what looked like the sea, and she was naked. Her body looked...different. Her hair was a light golden color and floated in the water all around her; her skin was the color of cool marble and yellow horns jutted out of her temples and reached the back of her head in a single curve.

Her silver eyes welled with tears. Had Leth forsaken her? Had she done something--something to lose His favor? The tears spilled over her cheeks and she let out a guttural sob, unable to control herself.
The water around her was being pelted with the rain and she couldn't think of what to do. Where did she go from here? She was naked and she had nothing, no friends or family, no belongings...nothing. She couldn't even see land through her panicking.

Where do I go from here?

Boxcode credit goes to Rohka <3
Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Words: 17609
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2017, 6:38 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on September 18th, 2017, 8:06 am

Catch a Falling Star and....

It was a strange sort of reunion. In a strange place none the less. The powers that be in ravok were always grinding against eachother in struggles too complex for the uninitiated to even begin to unravel. Though perhaps it is for the best considering that those that are aware, those that have seen and know of the politics of Ravok end up pawns in the game that only Rhysol knows all the rules to.

Either way he and the familiar woman had met, a sort of secretive affair it seemed. He didn’t know what the woman had said to the Gelatos thugs, but the Nitrozean name pulled weight, enough that questions had stopped and Hwyn had been granted the day to spend with the familiar woman. Her name was Byrony, she was one of the heads of staff within the nitrozean estate. Also a slave but she was reagl in her own right, why she’d come for him he did not know but she’d tossed him a cloak and told hom they were going to the coast for a little while, they had some “catching” up to do.
Her news was in pert Grim, she didn’t know where Eva was either, in fact theye’d all assumed Hwyn to be dead as theyed seen what appeared to be his lifeless corpse being carried out of Eva’s room. To wich he’d frowned and asserted it had in fact been him he’d attempted to defend Eva and had been rewarded with a needled in his neck. Next thing he knew he’d been a ward of the Gelatos. Perhaps it was a power play, kidnapping the heiress of the Nitrozean estate, but that hadn’t explained why Hwyn had ended up in the situation he had. It was all very strange. Byrony had had to pull some strings and hadn’t been sure of Hwyn’s own continued existence until recently. Hwyn smiled, it was just like byrony to not let anything by her.

There evening on the coast was to be spent making a rendezvous as inconspicuously as possible. He was simply happy to bathe in the presence of somebody familiar. Byrony and him had bonded over a shared interest in music and the fact that she’d acted kind of as a n older sister and guide to him when he’d first become a slave. There short session of reminiscing in the wee hours of the morning were interrupted however by a crash of water. Even on the pier it became obvious that someone had fallen into the water. The sleepy ravosalamen Hwyn and Byrony the only three about so early on the lake shore Hwyn glanced about his heart thumping. Running down the pier Hwyn searched for evidence of who had fallen the telltale ripples and splashes leading him to a woman who had fallen vistem to the lakes clutches.

Grabbing rope that would normal moor a boat to the dock Hwyn ignored his common sense and jumped into the water himself. Keeping one hand firmly gripped on the road Hwyn fumbled in the dark for the woman, he could feel his own body rejecting the sudden cold water as he thrashed his legs to stay afloat. Grasping he tried to pull her to him even as he gripped the rope with his other hand now not only her, but his lifeline. The moment he could he would hug her to himself and begin hauling himself and her to the pier his body already beginning to shiver in the dimly lit morning untouched by the rays of the sun. His small body working hard to do something good for once. He didn’t know why he’d acted, one that… if it had been someone he knew he’d have felt terrible to not have done anything… and everyone one can become someone you know… right?

Credit to Shimoje, the bestest buddy
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Linnaeus on September 21st, 2017, 3:08 pm

The temperature of the water around her was not something that Linnaeus had really paid attention to, but it was surely having an extreme affect on her body. It was probably difficult for her to tell -- it had been such a long time since Linn had experienced having such a corporeal body, so having one at all felt stiff and restricting to her. The involuntary chattering of her teeth and the numbness in her limbs is what gave away the drop in her body temperature.

Linn heard the sound of a large splash, then several smaller splashes, the sounds traveling closer and closer to her. She was worried--everything was happening so quickly that she was having a hard time truly comprehending the exact situation. Hell, keeping above the water alone took enough effort, so much that it was difficult for her to consider anything else.

Her heart fluttered as she saw a small body bobbing toward her, swimming with all its might in her direction. Finally the body made it to Linn and she saw that it was what seemed to be a small, young androgynous human, with long light hair, panting heavily and holding a rope. This person looked harmless--concerned, even.

Was this person here to save her?

"Oh gods, please, help me!" cried Linnaeus, reaching toward the stranger.

Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on September 24th, 2017, 2:05 pm

Paddling desperately he made contact his hand catching her as he fought to keep his own head above water. He could hear her panicked cry as he approached and he only hoped at this point he could save himself along with the stranger. Pulling her to him he wrapped one arm around her as his other arm hung to the rope. Pulling mightily on the rope he heaved with what little strength he had. Speaking between gasps he tried to comfort the near drowned person and himself that they would make it out of this predicament though it didn’t sound very convincing to himself either.

“We’re… gonna…. Be…. fine…. “

Though how much of what he said was lost to the water that he was hardly able to keep himself above he was unsure of. His arm and legs burned with exertion as he pulled himself to the dock one muscle straining yank at a time. Without the rope Hwyn was not certain he would have made it. However an ally waiting in the wings had for once saved him. As he labored on his end so too did Byrony pulling the rope from her end. After what felt like a long time but hardly spanned a chime, they were to the docks, Byrony helping the two out of the water.

Collapsing facedown on the creaking timbers Hwyn searched for breath his spent lungs and arms and legs all shivering from cold and exertion his body still trying to recover from the shock of the cool morning and cooler fall waters. Not even bothering to look up for the moment Hwyn spoke.

“Are… you… Okay?”

Byrony still unsure of what to do only shook her head as she tried to decide on what to do with the never ending trouble tht Hwyn wrought and what to do now that her simple reconnaissance had become something much more concerning and much less easy to deal with. While Byrony knew what the horns on the the head of the woman before her meant Hwyn had yet to notice them and would not know them even if he had. Pursing her lips Byrony shook her head it seemed that responsibility followed her wherever she went be she acting as a maid or otherwise, this was far beyond the call of duty for her, selflessness was not in her personality.

“We’ll need to get moving soon, Gather your bearings you too, Hwyn give her your cloak”

Finally looking up Hwyn got a peek at the person he’d pulled from the water before quickly averting his eyes understanding why he’d been told to behave thusly handing over the cloak Hwyn kept his eyes down.

“Uh… do… do you have any idea where we should g-go… Byrony?”

She did, but she didn’t even know if it was going to work, it was better than nothing at least so she simply nodded before curtly turning on her heel not waiting to think about the consequences that could follow this going awry.

Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Linnaeus on September 24th, 2017, 11:05 pm

Linnaeus could feel herself being dragged through the water, a small arm placed around her waist, holding as tightly as it could. Her mind felt numb. Her body felt numb. Dissociation was setting in, and this reality she had been thrust into so violently seemed too hard to be true.

She wanted to go back. Back to her home, her heaven, her god. She missed the softness of Leth's paradise, the gentle hymns, the colors of love surrounding her. This world....this wet, cold hell she now found herself in was too harsh, too sharp, too demanding for her. The heartbreak she felt--it was something to be reckoned with.

Soon they were ashore, lying breathlessly on a wooden dock. Linnaeus was freezing and the wind seemed to have left her lungs for good. She rolled over and lied on her back, staring up at the dark sky. She could see the stars; her sisters and brothers and friends.... Those she'd never see again.

A small voice spoke to Linn, slowly and breathlessly, "Are you okay?"

"I...am alive," she replied, unsure of what else to say. "Cold, I think," she said. She lifted her head and sat up, looking around. There was not much light but she saw a woman standing before her. She had an expression of authority on her face, and somehow made Linnaeus feel nervous. She could feel that something big was coming, and it was coming soon. Something that would alter the course of her life on this new world. Well, old world that was new to Linn.

Shortly the woman was giving them commands to get themselves together, that they had to leave. "Hwyn, give her your cloak."

The small human--apparently named Hwyn--handed their cloak over quickly, looking bashful. Linnaeus realized that she was wearing no clothing and felt a surge of embarrassment flood over her. She stood, accepting the cloak gratefully, wishing that the woman had offered her own dry cloak so she didn't have to wear Hwyn's wet, cold cloak. Linn's shivering intensified, but it was at least something to keep her from the wind.

"Thank you for jumping in for me," she said to Hwyn, looking deep into their eyes and smiling. "I will never forget what you have done for me, and your compassion touches me." They had begun walking behind the woman who seemed to be in charge if the situation, Linnaeus' bare feet padding along the docks. "I'm sorry, but where are we going? I fell from the sky, the heavens--I have nothing... Are you going to help me?"

Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on October 1st, 2017, 9:36 am

Frowning he rose. He needed to get his head in order and help her, she was thankful but was still nowhere near good condition. He could tell from the telltale shivers that also wracked her frame that the cool water had done her no more favor than it had him. Looking to his elder to for advice, he was reassured by the calm, if vexed look on Byrony's face. Shaking her head at the two of them and gestured for them to follow.

Offering his hand to the woman he smiled, he didn't know much about people with horns or much about helping people, but he did understand being cold.

"I.. I don't know much.... about the skies, or anything l-like that. B-but I'll do what I can to help you. I... I'm sorry that you.... fell? I'll make sure you get warmed up soon."

If she would allow him he’d take her hand and pull her along to where Byrony was leading, luckily It wasn’t far off, the sun had yet to rise so under the cover of darkness they would arrive at the small lakeshore bathhouse. It was easily overlooked but that was perhaps one of the reasons it made for such a convenient place to go. Walking inside a tired looking apprentice yawned before looking them over. The place didn’t segregate but instead ran male and female days, this particular day being the latter. Luckily between the dim light and the tiredness of the apprentice all three passed for female and after the coil was handed over would be allowed access.
Walking they would pass by one huge bath with still water, this was the large and cold bath fed from the lake. Then the next one they passed was smaller, but the damp warmth in the air gave evidence that this bath was heated somehow, of only a little bit. Smaller still was the final bath. This one had a healthy layer of steam clinging to it. This one was fed by a hot spring beneath the ground and always stayed comfortably hot.

If it weren’t for the chattering of his teeth he would have balked, but as it was he could hardly refuse, Byrony had seen him naked often enough simply by nature of him being a slave, and in part do to Eva’s lack of concern for his modesty in general, but the opposite was not true for him. Nor was he sure as to how the stranger would react to him. Keeping his back to both of them he quickly disrobed and hopped into the steaming water almost immediately sighing in relief as heat seeped into his chilled flesh.

“T-thank you Byrony”

Her only response was a small “hmph” as she began to follow his lead, he could tell she was putting up a bit of a tough front, she tended to withhold her gentler nature, but he did understand he’d caused her some difficulty. He’d have to find a way to help, and also thank her later.

“i.. I hope that this will help… Miss… miss… sky lady?”

Hwyn said nervously unsure of if there was something more the woman needed, if she’d fallen from the sky did she need to go back? Could she go back, biting back the questions he decided making sure the woman’s health was secure was chief among the current priorities.

Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Linnaeus on October 17th, 2017, 1:53 am

The small human outstretched their hand toward Linn, offering a small smile. Linn's heart welled and she was touched; the kindness the young one was showing her contrasted the seemingly harsh, cold nature of the world that she had been flung into. Tears flooded her eyes, and she took the hand and allowed the small human to lead her behind the older woman leading the way.

"I suppose you could say that I fell," Linnaeus said in response. She turned her gaze toward the grand sky above her. She felt an emptiness inside of her--or maybe it was a longing, a need for Leth. She could see him in the sky, but He was leaving quickly, His lover soon to arrive in His place. She could feel Him fleeing, and her heart was heavy.

"I fell from a heaven, of sorts," she said. "But no matter, now I walk where the trees are; where there are seas and humans, like you, and with this, I will make due." Large streams of tears were flowing from her silver eyes now. Linnaeus knew her new life had only begun, and it was time she accepted this.

She was lead to a small building where, inside, were several pools of water. They wandered over to the back pool, the smallest, that had piles of steam around it. The inside of the building itself was much warmer than the wind-riddled outside, and Linnaeus longed for the warmth she could sense from the bath.

The small human and the older woman disrobed in front of her. Linnaeus did not feel very bashful, and quickly lost the cloak that was lent to her. Her body was long and graceful, her opaque skin glistening in the light, her damp hair clinging to her body, covering her breasts and back. She slowly descended into the water and let out a large sigh of relief, feeling flushed and like she may pass out, but in a pleasurable way.

"This is amazing, child," she said in response with a smile. She realized that she had no name--not one that she could express in the language she was using now.

"Call me Linnaeus," she said simply. "That is the closest to my name that I can utter here. My Holy name cannot be spoken on this plane." She looked to the woman that was sitting in the bath with them, with her eyes closed. "You are named Bryony, I gather?" Linnaeus looked toward the small human. "What are you called? I must know the name of the one who spared me and who has shown me such kindness." She smiled.

Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Hwyn on October 28th, 2017, 4:11 am

He was happy that they were able to help someone, but he didn’t know what would become of the woman now, he knew that the future was going to be difficult for her. When she addressed him in the spring he flushed unable to meet her eyes, embarrassed to be thinking about the fate of somebody in front of him so solemnly. It did not help that she was bare before him. Folding his hands over his groin he looked down at the water when she asked him who he was.

“M-m-my name is Hwyn… It’s n-n-nice to meet you Miss, linneaus. I.. Uh hope that if you n-n-need anything that you can ask m-me… There isn’t much I can do but I’ll do my best to help you here in Ravok.”

Glancing over at her he had to admit that the woman had a pretty face, the Horns on her head giving her a alien beauty. He did hope he could help her but he hardly knew anything about her beyond the fact that she’d fallen from the sky.

“so, uhm… can you tell me about yourself Linnaeus. Are there things you like or like doing? I um… I want to know more about… y-y-you…. If you don’t m-m-mind me asking….”

Embarrassed simply by simply interacting with someone unfamiliar Hwyn struggled to converse with hus freshly fallen friend. Unbeknownst to him the sun outside would be rising soon causing even more changes he didn’t know of to take place. Keeping his eyes low he began the unpleasant process of washing and detangling his hair, it was at the very least something he could do to distract himself from the bodies he was in such close proximity with.

Byrony for her part pursed her lips pensively but for her part said nothing beyond giving a curt nod when her name was said she seemed to be the deepest in the thought of the three leaving the two to chatter amongst themselves as she let the springs ease her mind and body for the stresses she knew the new day would come with.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Linnaeus on November 1st, 2017, 1:54 pm

The soothing waters of the bath calmed the Ethaefal. She could feel herself slipping into a state of calm, a state that almost felt like a trance.

She looked at the small boy. "Hwyn," she said aloud. "That is an interesting name. I like it." She smiled, taking her hair and placing it behind her ear. She looked to Bryony. "Are you this little one's parent?"
Linnaeus looked back to Hwyn. "Regarding things I may need, I am sure there are many," she said, leaning back into the water, reclining against the edge. Her head felt heavy and her eyes were sore, but for a moment she felt something similar to peace.

"I have nowhere to go," she said in a matter-of-fact tone. "I have no possessions, nothing to wear on my back."
The weight of her reality seemed to sink in again and her eyes opened in anxiety.

Her skin began to tingle. Or maybe it wasn't her skin, but something else, something deeper. She felt a heavenly shift, a kind of pull.
Suddenly lights surrounded Linnaeus. She gasped, and in a flash--maybe three seconds at the most--the lights were gone, and everything felt a little bit worse.

"Why, what...?" she trailed off, looking down at her hand. They were different than they were before. Instead of her skin being the color of marble, it was now pale and somewhat translucent, with blemishes and scars decorating it in various places. She grabbed a piece of her hair and examined it, its color having also changed. Instead of the golden, effervescent color it was, it was now a mousy brown, a boring, plain, ugly color.

She looked past her hair, gazing into her reflection in the water. There she saw herself: a human girl. Plain and weak, she felt further away from the Moon than she ever had before. Panic filled her, her chest feeling tight--like she couldn't gather enough air in her lungs.

"Oh--Oh my gods," she said, standing from the pool of water. "Oh my--I can't--what is this? Why is this happening to me?" She awkwardly dragged her body out of the pool and steadied herself, her knees shaking. "What is this?" She began to sob. Her cries were loud and echoed through the bathhouse. She stood there, naked and raw before the world, unable to gather herself.

"Bry--Bryony," she said breathlessly. "Hwyn, wha- what am I -- I goin - g to d - do?" she pleaded in between sobs. The sight would have been heartbreaking to any who witnessed this unholy event.

OOCOkay, this is definitely a much shorter post than I wanted it to be, sorry about that ~
Linnaeus
of the Moon.

Character sheet
Plotnotes