Solo Seeking out Pathways and Secrets

Apprenticeship Thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Seeking out Pathways and Secrets

Postby Tierra on October 1st, 2017, 3:30 pm

29th of Fall 517

Mid-Day – The NHC

It has been nearly ten days since she had started her apprenticeship and Tierra was granted freedom from the orphanage to deal go about her duties at her 'place of employment' Her body was stiff from the recent beating she has received days prior and it was still obvious she was assaulted. The girl though couldn't give any details as she had none. Instead of being at the citizen office Tie at this very moment in time she found herself not in front of the housing commission office. She was on what was considered her lunch, yet with no mizas the orphan filled that time with some searching. It took her some luck to get here too, a boat ride from a kind ravosalaman willing to take her on without paying. Utter luck honestly there. Her backpack with pencils, notebook, gloves, and climbing resin was hanging from her shoulders.

When she turned back to thank the man though he was already gone, finding a paying customer. A few ticks of staring up at the building though was enough to draw attention to the orphan so Tierra hurried into the building. It wasn't hard though to find the main desk, it was right there in front of her and the line was non-existent currently. A few unsure steps up and she stood at the desk, it was still several inches taller than she was, apparently to designed the 'superiority' of those that sat behind it is what is felt to Tierra. It certainly intimidated her. Hoping to provide a decently construct story to work with. The girl fell silent until the person behind the desk spoke to her. Tell some of the truth... It will be more plausible. Use your apprenticeship... Or the recent bullying. Maybe the abusive petcher there... Your 'father'... Tierra was not sure which story to use. As she stood here silently waiting she realized she was coming off as meek and scared to speak up. The current appearance of her face and bruised hand certainly didn't harm that general vibe either.

When she finally was called on for what she came for, the orphan stood on her tiptoes to peer up at the person behind the desk, showing the bruised eye in it's fullness. “I... I was told by a nice rah.. vah.. sal...ah...man...” Tierra purposefully tried to make it sound like she had trouble with the term for the canal boat pushers, “dat ya could 'alp me.” She pointed back towards the door with her right hand, as her body twisted around to emphasis the pointing Tierra had to place her left hand on the counter's top to prevent from falling over – as much a part of the act of the abused child as it was to actually keep her balance as her stomach muscles still hurt something fierce. Petching kick to the gut. Tierra grimaced as the muscles protested her torso turning.

Turning back to look up at the person behind the desk Tierra added a whisper, “He found me outside of mah daddy's home cryin'. Told me ta come here, said I should live on mah own. Said I should ask fo' a map so I can find mahself a job so I could find a place of mah own.” Tierra hoped to Rhysol this ploy worked. She had no desire to come straight or run. Sprinkled with truth. Tears started to pool in her eyes. Instinctively the orphan reached up and wiped them away so they didn't spill over. As her fingers curled to gingerly wipe away the tears to protect her black eye from getting more beat up Tierra stifled back a cry of pain and fear. Pulling her hand away Tie lowered her gaze away and did her best to pull back the sobbing so she could speak again.

“Daddy said I should be in da Orphanage... But... But I dun want dat. I can live on mah own. I can do it. Just need ah job. Can ya 'alp me? Pweaze?” She gulped back down the sobbing and once again wiped the tears away. Shifting her shoulders she grimaced again, her body just ached. “Pweaze. I beggin' ya. Don't send me ta da Orphanage or home.” Tie let out a soft whimper of fear. Too much? Too late now if it is...

WC: 723
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loken on October 25th, 2017, 5:56 pm

Relaxation was what this Guardsman needed, at least thats what he felt given all the scouting he’d been doing for the road being built to Nyka. But then again look who he worshiped and who he was as a person. Loken wasn’t exactly the relaxing-type. Nor was he ever one to pass up good money to be earned. At least that businessman aspect of himself did have its perks. Always a consummate hardworker, but he did do his best to avoid large crowd's today.

He patrolled the higher class areas of Ravok known as the Nobles district. No matter where he walked, he eventually kept circling back around to the bookshop known as The Owl's Den. It had become Loken's favorite establishment to patronize. As he stood out side of it, he looked across the canal to the large building across the way. It was where the Offices of the NHC stood tall, his attention quickly focusing on a person waving their arm in the air. It was an obvious gesture of someone in need. He swiftly took off in a modestly brisk jog across the bridge to The Nitrozian Plaza to greet the person.

“Is there a problem?” He said as he reached up to tug at the neck of his leather armor to adjust it after the jog. “Yeah, a little girl came in saying that her father had been abusing her. I am unsure if the girl is a citizen, I’d like to report him, then have the child sent to the orphanage... the girl is this way.” The person gestured an arm towards the main desk area.

Loken strode over to the little girl, adorned in his full city guard attire, cutting a well maintained figure with the weaponry he wore; hook sword on the back, shortsword on the hip, and hand crossbow hanging from the other hip by a strap. He ran his gaze over her entire person. Female, about ten years old if he had to guess. Or at least older than when he first join the Ano Cult.

The black eye did support the previous persons statement of abuse, however that wasn't the thing which first caught his attention. There was a patter to all things. An order to which cause led to effect. As his eyes ran over the child's clothing, he took note of uniformity of her attire. "You look like you are dressed for some type of schooling lesson. Why are you not there? Could you not have informed your teachers of the misconduct at home? And secondly, If you do not have your citizenship papers on you then guide me to your home so I can speak with your parents."

Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tierra on October 26th, 2017, 4:56 pm

Tie was getting ready to beg the person behind the desk for a map when a smooth voice accompanying clanking of arms caused her to freeze in her desired attempt. Shyke. Looking back over her shoulder she turned and placed both hands behind her back, looking up at the man the orphan tried to smile, but it still hurt the muscle around her eye to do so, Think quick Tie…

“Sir, Daddy dresses me like dis. He won’t send me ta ska-ewl. Papehs? I never waz given any papehs.” Damn it Tierra. You are an orphan running around the city with no papers and this damn man is going to take you to the orphanage. Shyke on Sylir’s face. You have to be back to the office. THINK damn you. Tierra paused in thought, “Sir. Could yah show me da way ta da place ta get papehs?” Good good. “I old enuff tah get ah job and papehs and a place of mah own. I dinnit know I needed papehs though. Daddy never said any about papehs...” She gulped, a bit of a whimper slid from her throat to be heard. “And ah map. So I can find mah way around without yah mister would be nice.” She tried to slip in sly like. Tierra tried to layer on the cuteness thickly, but the abused and battered looked certainly wasn’t helping in that at all.

Rhysol have mercy on me. This needs to work. I can’t be taken to the orphanage or a cell of some kind. I need to be free to move around, to… work. “Pweaze mister. Ah little halp. I promise I won’t cause any trouble. Swear tah Rhysol.” Tierra held up her hand all innocent like as if she was giving an oath of sincerity. Lying sack of shyke. You are causing all sorts of trouble right now. The smile faltered as the pain in her face became unbearable. He must be a new guard. A… What did he call it… A cherry. Doesn’t known an orphan girl. Looking at the man as closely as she could without it being overly obvious the girl tried to take in as much details as she could. The need to flee was clearly becoming more and more clearer to the orphan. Heavy armor. Clearly uncomfortable, looks like he might be a bit winded, jogged over here? She tried to shift on her feet, to realize both the soreness in her limbs and her own curiosity to see if anyone was watching from outside that could give indication of who ratted on her.

The door though was closed, blocking her view and she couldn’t see out any of the high flung windows. Once the pain in her legs was relieved due to refreshed blood circulation Tierra looked back up at the man, “Sorry. Daddy’s fists and boots make mah legs stiff.” It was becoming nearly comfortable for her to take on this abused child persona. Keep this girl in mind. Possibly obtain some different clothing though. Something less… Orphan like. Tierra made a mental note to ask around the orphanage, someone must know something about acquiring non-orphan clothing.

WC: 528

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loken on November 2nd, 2017, 2:55 am

Loken took a second to glance down at the back of his hand. Etched like distant memories deep into his skin were scars, each faded but he could remember how he got them. He was once a urchin from Sunberth, he spoke like an uneducated brigand for a long time. But a proper vocabulary was forced into his mind. When he glanced back up at the little girl, Loken felt the urge to correct everything wrong with her statements.

"Dis, is not a proper word. It is pronounced, 'this'. Likewise, da is a sound you are randomly making in place of the word, 'the'." The guardsmen hadn't been in Ravok long enough to learn that the orphanage had a uniform. And he had no reason not to believe what the child said, even though there were several interesting points in her story. When she started to bat her eyelashes at him, Loken simply stared down at her while trying to internally process all that he was given.

"Your father harms you. That issue has been noted and will be acted upon shortly. Even worse, he's neglected the mental well being of a child by denying you an education. You will never find a proper balance of the mind and body with your family. So I can neither leave you in his care, nor can I let you run off on your own. And the fact that you are trying to keep me away from your home has not been overlooked. Is that because of some daughterly sentimentality? If so, the sentiment is misplaced on your abuser. I am only trying to help you."

He glanced over to the person walking behind the main desk in the NHC. "Where is the orphanage?" The person stood there looking around, as if to visualize in there head where it is beyond the walls. "Its on the Merchant's Ring just south of Café Fleurs." Loken glanced towards the little girl with a half smirk on his lips. "If you want a map, make one yourself. You can start by drawing out the area around the orphanage."

It was at that moment that he reached out with a hand to try to grab the girl by the shoulder, in an attempt to then guide her towards the orphanage. Whether or not she'd go willingly was another story.

Nano WC: 392
Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Tierra on November 3rd, 2017, 2:29 am

The man started to correct her 'speech', granted Tierra was trying to milk it as much as she could, exaggerating the bruised and battered look of her face and hands in an attempt to get something she wanted. As soon as Tierra realized her attempt to gain a map was not possible and the man was trying to take her back to the orphanage the girl had to think of something quick. You cannot go back. Not with this... Guard. Come on Tie, you can work your way out of this. She shifted her pack down so it hung only on one shoulder – her good one. “Sorreh, mister. Mah mouf kinda hurts still. I will talk better after it feels better, I promise.” She smiled as sweetly as she could, it causing an unexpected wince in her face. Yeah... certainly sore.

Reaching up though she took the man's hand, allowing him to guide her out of the office and back in the general direction of the Orphanage, before they were near the canal to get to a ravosala though Tierra allowed her pack to drop to the ground and she stumbled backwards to grab it. “Mister I can't leave mah pack. Pweaz stop and let me grab it.” Using this excuse to slip her hand from his she leaned down against it as if to pick it up, one of her hands slipping underneath the flap and blindly feel around. Notebook... Other notebook... Gloves... Jar... Ah Pencil! Her hand clasped the wood and lead contraption. It just poked out from her palm if she held it across it, this would do if she wanted to stab him immediately, but she wanted to hid it from him before hand. To time the blow as much as she could. Using the cover of her pack she shifted it so it ran the length of her palm and the pencil's point stuck into the crease of her first knuckle of her middle finger.

With the pencil in place she pulled her hand out of the pack and picked up the pack with her free hand and stood, pencil now pressed between hand and hip. “Okay. I got it.” Tierra lifted it up and slung it onto her shoulder before giving Loken back her free hand. As they neared the canal at this point Tierra turned to looked at the man, her finger shifting so the pencil was sneaking itself into visibility between her index and middle finger barely.

“Look I really don't wanna go tah da orphanage mister. Daddy adopted me ya see? I don't wanna go back there. Pweaz don't make me.” It was a small lie, at least in part and in timing... She was adopted some years ago, and her adopted father did beat her senseless... That was the end though. At least mostly, she didn't want to go back at least not right this moment in time. She had other things to do. “I won't make any trouble. Promise. I just want to find a place ta live.” If he doesn't take your please you need to do whatever you can do get away. The office is north from here. You are smaller than him you might actually be able to take off through this plaza. He was huffing some and quite sweaty when he came to the... 'rescue' which mean he went over a bridge at some faster pace than a walk... Where is that bridge? She looked around, trying to not make it obvious.

“Mister, I don't wanna take a boat. Can we walk? It is helping my legs feel better, moving them. Staying still too long and they start to hurt a lot.” The words echoed full of truth. She spotted the bridge, it was heading roughly in the direction she wanted to go, and it looked convincing enough to go in the direction of the Orphanage too. “Pweaz...” Pulling her hand from his once again Tierra pointed at the bridge, “You wouldn't force me to being still and in pain would you?” Once the pointed bridge was clearly indicated the orphan girl reached up and adjusted her pack so it wouldn't fall off her shoulder and prevent her arm it's full range of movement. Once the pack's strap was once more in place on her shoulder Tierra offered up her hand to the guard once more. Tierra was trying to plan the next step already.

Maybe I can befriend him, make him pity me? Maybe he will work with me in... finding a map? I just cannot have him take me to the Orphanage... Not today. I am suppose to be in the office soon to get back to the bloody dossier work.

WC: 789

Tierra

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes