The Reunion (Self mod)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Reunion (Self mod)

Postby Yrpa on December 4th, 2010, 8:06 pm

7th day of winter, 510 AV

Yrpa woke up early, lying in her bead and rubbing her eyes she thought about today's mission, she had planned to meet up with her brother, Rhyke. They hadn't crossed paths since they had arrived at Endrykas and she was starting to miss him, or at least miss all the training they did togeather, she was getting rather rusty at her archery skill and really wanted to go for a long ride on Tuck, since they hadn't been able to go for a decent run.

She dressed quickly as always, her dark leather pants were warm as always and she tied her beloved riding boots tight on her feets, before going out she then put on her dark green cloak, reached for her flint and steal to light a fire, making one more try to cook breakfast without burning it, it wasn't her best feature and she had always avoided this 'female' job, as she thought of it, but didn't think it quite through.

Yrpa also took few raw sausages to cook, the easiest thing to cook she thought to herself smiling, sertain that she wouldn't burn anything this time, she took a stick and thread the sausages up on it. Then she went outside and after she collected a little firewood, just enough for a little fire to cook on, she took out her flint and steel and started trying to light a fire, she had never been good at this, this had never before been her job so she wasn't used to lighting a fire.

Gritting her teeth, Yrpa wasn't in a good mood when she still hadn't light the fire after about 20 minutes of trying. Tuck watched her actions and looked like he was grinning, "Tuck! don't mock me... I can to this!" She said irritated to the horse, who backed away, clearly known about the danger when Yrpa was irritated. "If this won't work now, I will eat them raw!" she said outloud to herself, tried once more and suddenly, there was fire.

"Finally," she said, pleased with herself, then she took the stick with her sausages up and sat down by the fire, making the sausages hanging over the fire, hopefully roasting in her eyes. she then started looking around, the watchposts glared blue as it had been the last 7 days, the sky was blue, although there were few clouds on the sky, it was freezing outside but it didn't bother Yrpa much, she knew there was no reason to complain, this was just life and nobody would listen to some silly 18 year old.

Suddenly she smelled a foul smell and her mind flashed back to the cooking, You have to be kidding me? she thought angry to herself. Before her, on the stick, stood 3 burned sausages, Tuck looked at her, "Don't mock me Tuck!" she said, glaring at him, he backed again, clearly having fun with this.

Yrpa gave a sight, then started chewing on the burned sausages, well, its food she thought to herself, ignoring the bad taste and just imagined that she was eating a delicious turkey made of her mother. Even for this ... well, unpleasant beginning of the day, Yrpa knew this was going to be a good day, Rhyke had always been more than a brother to her, they had been best friends.

Rhyke was her older brother, he, along with their father, had teached her everything she knew until this day. His Strider was a Palomino female he called Rose, she was the love in his life, he hadn't been married yet, even though he was a really handsome man, he was tall, with dark hair and brown eyes, strong chin and a muscled built.

After having flushed down this horrible sausages with water, Yrpa whisteled for Tuck, gathering togeather her Yvas girth set. He came prancing towards her, clearly happy to get some exercise. "Sorry love about how lazy I've been, now it's going to change" She said while saddling him up and reaching her bow and arrows.

She jumped up on Tuck's back, feeling the excitment in his heart, "I know love," She said happily, "I know."
Yrpa
Men argue, nature acts

Words: 13139
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2010, 1:37 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

The Reunion (Self mod)

Postby Yrpa on December 4th, 2010, 11:54 pm

The cold air running through her hair, her lovely Tuck on a fast gallop and the icy sun shinging over them, the day can't get better Yrpa thought happily, she was truly in her right spirit on that day, something that hadn't happened that tragic day a year and a half ago. Even the memory shot a cold shiver down her spine.

But she wasn't going to think about that anymore, these are going to be better times, she's on a new place, meeting new people, learning new 'tricks' if you could call them that. The feeling of Tuck's movement were natural to her, she felt every muscle flex, every sence on guard, but suddenly, Tuck took a sudden left turn, witch Yrpa didn't expect and she flew right off, and into a bush, when she landed, her face went bright pink out of shame and she yelled angrily "Tuck!"

The strider stopped in his tracks, clearly knew what he had done and walked slowly back towards Yrpa, with his nose down to ground like he did regret this. Yrpa still lying down when he came to her, he nibbled loosly in her cloak like to say sorry, and Yrpa couldn't do anything else but smile, "It's alright chap, theese things happen, We clearly have to do this more often."

Raising herself up and brushing branches off her chlothes she only laughed, Tuck was the only person in the whole world she could never be mad to, it was something in his spirit she got. After she was sure about leaving no branches on her cloak, she jumped on his back, and he galloped in the direction Rhyke had mentioned to meet upon this particular day for fun.

After riding for about 20 minutes they arrived at the flat outside of the ... well center of Endrykas, a solitery place where only few lived, inside of the city though.
"Meet under the big oak tree," Yrpa repeated after her brother to Tuck, looking around, trying to find that oak tree he was talking about, after roaming the area for some time, asking twice for direction, they finally stumbled upon the oak tree, where - like she had suspected - you could see Rhyke sitting with his back to the tree, playing with his dagger, and Rose lying beside him, both as relaxed and comfortable as there were nothing happening around them.

"Hi Rhyke," Yrpa yelled exited, jumping off Tuck and walking towards her brother, who only looked at her once, smiled and then went back to his dagger, "Hya sis." He said slowly, then adding "You're late!" Looking up from the dagger with one eyebrow up and a grin on his face.

"Well... I got lost" Yrpa said, blushing, "You know how I am... even Tuck didn't find it immediately" She added, trying to make things sound a bit better, even though she was used to it, it seemed always somewhat a surprise for Rhyke.

"Yeah well, what have you've been up to?" Rhyke asked, looking up and pointing her to come and sit with him, Tuck prancing proudly towards Rose and lyed down besides her proudly. "Not much really, to little actually, I haven't even practiced archery, or been at the bonfire even!" She said sadly, she was ashamed of it, she had always been the life of the party back home.

"Well, that's unlike you..." Rhyke said, "We have to fix that then!" He added grinning, standing up and putting his dagger in a sleeve on his belt, he then clapped his hands togeather and hugged Yrpa, "Nice to see you again sis,"

Yrpa smiled, "You too bro," then they broke up the hug and Rhyke turned away from her, pointing at a target few feets away, "let's see how good your aim is," he smiled, engaging her to do her best.

She looked at him with with disbelieve," you really don't think I can shoot it?" She asked sarcasticly, he didn't say anything but grinned. She took out her bow and one arrow and started placing herself in a position, aiming at the middle of the target, witch was a tin can on a log. I can do this, it's not that long ago she thought to herself, closing one eye and focusing on the can, there was no wind markable and she didn't hear any sound other than her own breath.

There was a low thud when she releazed the arrow and shot it towards the target, but ... due to lack of practice, she missed and shot the log right beneath the can. As frustraited as Yrpa can be, she grittet her teeth, frowing as her brother laughed his ass off, "I'll teach him," she muttered to herself, walking towards the target and removing the arrow.

She reapplied the arrow to the string of the bow, and with her stubborn will, concentraited more than before, she grittet her teeth and then let go of the arrow, this time, it wasn't only a low thud, but a loud clang when the tin can fell of the log. Yrpa smiled and jumped around, "Told you so," She said grinning at Rhyke, who only smiled back. "There's the Yrpa I know," He said happily, "I knew I could make the real you come back." He blinked to her and grinned, "Hey what about that cooking skill of yours, any progress?"

Yrpa frowned, "Nope, still as hopeless as I was last time you saw me, by the way somehow I burned a sausage this morning." Rhyke laughed and Yrpa couldn't do other than join in on the laughter.

"Alright, I'm gonna try again." Yrpa said after a while of laughing, whiping a tear from her eye she walked even further from the log with the can she had already replaced upon the log. "I know I can do this, just have to review this." She smiled to her brother, and placed a arrow on the string, closing one eye and concentraiting once more, "no problem, just like old days," she muttered to herself, then made a shot.

With a twinkle in her eye she turned to Rhyke, "I did it," he only smiled, no words, just a simple smile, and Yrpa went to get the can, witch now had an arrow struck right through it.
Yrpa
Men argue, nature acts

Character sheet

The Reunion (Self mod)

Postby Yrpa on December 5th, 2010, 12:15 am

After chatting about what they had been doing in Endrykas for quite some time, both Rose and Tuck were getting anxious to go and do something, Rhyke looked at Yrpa and said smiling, "Well since they're getting tired of this, I think I have to show you a bit around, so you might for once know your way around someplace, you clutz." Yrpa frowned but agreed, since that wasn't a bad thing at all, she was always lost in Endrykas, one time she got lost over night, and found her tent about 9 or 10 in the morning again.

They saddled up and started riding around, looking at the tents always getting closer and closer togeather, meeting more people and seeing more and a whole different scenery than before. "So you've never been to the bonfire here eh?" Rhyke asked, Yrpa shock her head, "Well, you're missing out my beloved sys, the bonfires at home are nothing compared to this, you should check it sometimes."

Yrpa smiled "Yeah I might do that, I've missed this tradition from home." Rhyke nodded, knowing what she was going through. They rode silent for a while, surveying the people around them, the different sizes, shapes and colors of the tents they were going past and then the sales booths who were everywhere.

Suddenly, they were in front of Yrpas tent, "Well, this is where our paths split again sys," Rhyke said looking at the tent and then at his syster, "You're doing fine, just practice every day, and then you'll be almost as good as me," he said and winked, Yrpa grinned, "Almost? give me a break, I'm probobly twice as good as you." They then laughed and Yrpa unmounted, "Same time about a month from now?" Rhyke asked, Yrpa nodded and then he was gone. She looked after him until she didn't see him and then turned back to Tuck, hugged him tight "It's just you and me again then."
Yrpa
Men argue, nature acts

Character sheet

The Reunion (Self mod)

Postby Mixcoatl on December 19th, 2010, 7:02 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Yrpa
Experience
+1 Wilderness Survival
+1 Cooking
+1 Riding
+2 Weapon: Shortbow (Change the Archery skill in your character sheet to this format, so you will have 12 Weapon: Shortbow. Longbows, shortbows, composite shortbows, composite longbows, and crossbows all use their own skills. <3)

Lore
Burning your Breakfast
Eating your Failure
Determination
Saying Goodbye to a Sibling
Additional Notes: Nice thread! Just a heads up, though, there aren't very many trees in the Sea of Grass. It's not a problem in this thread, just keep it in mind for later threads. <3 Also, apologies this took so long to get to, shan't happen again!

Other than that, I enjoyed reading this. If you feel like I've missed anything, or if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a PM!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office