Closed Fighting Fire with... Fire? (Ashka Windrunner)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Fighting Fire with... Fire? (Ashka Windrunner)

Postby Waisana on November 8th, 2017, 10:09 pm

The doctor was pleased by the young woman's response to her. Ashka seemed to have taken a little bit of a shine to her, a feeling that Waisana believed was mutual. Helping the girl was a job, yes, but it was not as simple as that. In fact, it was a vocation. Honestly, the young woman could not be expected to withhold her assistance when there was someone in need but it was nice to be appreciated rather than simply being taken for granted. Some of the Drykas could be that way. They saw her in the River Flower, they made their judgements of her and concluded that she was simply doing what she must, as was good and proper in their society.

What little she'd done today would likely have reduced the eventual scarring and begun the healing process. However, if the treatment wasn't continued, there was potential for infection and a high possibility of scarring or incomplete healing. It would be awful if the skin knitted imperfectly and left a phantom ache for the rest of her patient's life. Considering the risks, she understood the importance of continued treatment and the necessity to convey such import to the other although it would have to be done tactfully; fear could do more harm than good.

"I cannot give it to you," she explained apologetically. "It is not easy to obtain and I only carry a little of it. You must go to the River Flower to be treated and you must visit every day for the next few days." Vital. Must do, the teen added in sign, ensuring that the import was conveyed without having to go into any real detail.

Once outside, the revelation came that Ashka's Strider was absent and the blonde frowned. Her gaze settled on her own horse as she approached her, returning her back to the yvas and reaching for her water skin to pour some of the precious drops on the animal's hide; it steamed. "Poor Drusine. Come," she murmured soothingly, running her fingers through the beast's mane and reaching up to the yvas to grasp it firmly. With one hand on the yvas and the other on the animal's head, she turned her gently, offering a guiding hand but allowing the horse to make the decision herself.

With the horse pointed in the correct direction, facing towards the River Flower, she gave Ashka her attention once more with a smile. "We will walk together to the River Flower. I will explain there and perhaps they will give you some Rhinedale Ash to bring away with you," Waisana suggested, beginning to lead the slow trek back in the heat. As she walked, she glanced back towards the blaze where the accident had occurred, brows furrowing in worry as she saw the rising plumes of dark smoke.

"I hope it will be all right. I hope no one else has been hurt." Waste, pity, she added swiftly, temporarily drawing a hand away from the horse's neck so she was free to sign. "At least we have learned something today. About fire and about fat. Fat does burn and it must be what happened. The marks could be fat splatter but if not... well, we have both managed to learn some things regardless," the blonde added with a small smile.

It surprised her that she was able to find the silver lining in the situation, especially as her outlook tended to be far from optimistic these days - being a captor of the Zith had done that to her - but it was nice to have something of her old self back. It was such a small thing and yet she felt oddly grateful for the other woman for bringing something positive it out in her once more.

Active threads: 2 of 5
2 Quest threads

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others
Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Words: 363907
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Fighting Fire with... Fire? (Ashka Windrunner)

Postby J'Ak on January 24th, 2018, 9:51 pm

G R A D E

W A I S A N A
Click :
If you return to Mizahar feel free to shoot me a PM or resubmit this thread to the queue for your grades!

A S H K A
Click :
xp

Riding: Horse +1
Observation +2
Horsemanship +1
Endurance +1
Running +1
Wilderness Survival +1
Investigation +1

lores

Ekytol Desert Horse: Tolerant to high temperatures
Horsemanship: Cooling a horse
Grandfather Windrunner: Suffers in the heat
Endurance: Using mental mantras to persevere
Wilderness Survival: In wild-fire smoke cover your mouth & nose
Wilderness Survival: Starve a fire of air with a heavy blanket
The Opal Clan: Known for their healers
Medicine: Burns with absence of whitened skin will not leave scars
Medicine: Rhinedale ash paste for healing burns

If you feel I missed anything let me know via PM!
Don't forget to edit your grade request
here,  
J'Ak
Player

Words: 8630
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2015, 2:35 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Previous