Rumors of Violet And Shadows, Part II.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Loken on November 20th, 2017, 6:46 am

40th day of Fall, 517 A.V
Continues from this thread

Loken smiled wryly, but he was willing to leave it at that if Aya wasn't inclined to share her true identity; admittedly, he did find that he would rather she did, but it was hardly his place to prompt her to if she did not wish to. He allowed himself a brief prideful smiles as he walked towards a Ravosalaman who awaited their next passenger. Once he reached the man, he nodded towards the boat man. "I require a ride to the plaza known as The 'Dark Delight'." It was technically a few city blocks away, so could have walked to it. But decided it was more efficient to catch a ride.

"Any place in specific?" The Ravosalaman made a slight wiggling of their eyebrows when the saw that he was with Aya. Loken assumed the boatman believe they were going to be up no good in that district, but hardly expressed it verbally. "If you know a man named Leopold, I am to meet him." Loken did not give the boatman any more details in a random attempt to see if the person knew his target. "Sorry, Cherry. I don't know any Leopold..." When Loken made his way into the boat, he turned around to reach out to help the woman into it.

"We can start at The Slave Market"
The Ravosalaman nodded in acknowledgment then started to talk about various things as they boarded. "It's a good thing you're getting in my boat today. Many of the other ravosalas are busy fetching people from ships stranded mere stone throws away from the docks. Seems that sails are being shredded to ruin during even softer breezes. Gotta be magic I tell ya. Hopefully the guard find the mage responsible and flay him. Just rude to cripple ships like that, ya know?"

Loken glanced over his shoulder at the man, finding that the boatmen always had the most random things to talk about. He then took a seat next to Maya when the boat started to move.

"I find it odd that you and Xander do not inspire trust in each other. Is that a normal thing?"

Nano WC: 357
Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Maya Lark on November 21st, 2017, 5:27 pm

Maya nodded as the man went over what the pair had found out so far, which was not much. It seemed that everyone the two talked with repeated what someone else had already told them. She turned to watch him as he went to speak with her brother of all people. The woman stepped back and leaned against a building watching the pair from the corner of her eyes. She did not want to get any closer and have Xander give her away. The young Lark was not sure what her family member would tell the cherry or if he would try to fight with Loken.

Xander was never good at dealing with guards in a peaceful manner. The family member could not remember how many times her father had kicked the boys ass after getting the boy out of trouble. As her brother became older he had to learn to get himself out of trouble. The pair drifted apart as the woman was given more responsibilities by their father and uncle, while they just seemed to roll their eyes at him. Jiya, Maya's mother, had always taught her to be responsible with everything she did. Everything that the Lark did was watched not only by the city guard, but also by the other families.

“Dark Desires?” Maya asked looking at the man confused.

She was not bothered in the least when Loken walked past and said her last name. Waiting till he was ahead of her, the girl walked with him glaring gently at him from behind. The woman made plans to kick her brother's ass when she returned home. Coming to terms with the fact that the cherry knew her last name, the girl tried to decide if she should keep up the lie of her first name being Aya. Seeing as how he did not seem to know there was more to it, she figured it would be just as well to leave it that way. The dark haired woman glared at the ravosalaman when he wiggled his eyebrows and winked at the girl. Taking Loken's hand, she sat down beside him and crossed one leg over the other as they pushed off. Looking over at the man when he spoke to her the woman decided to talk about Xander with him some. Maya was stunned to hear what the driver said taking a sideways glance to the man.

“Xander and I have never had a close relationship. Being the eldest siblings in our family comes with big responsibilities. Uncle drives us to be the best, Xander has earned his marks. I am still trying to get mine,” Maya stated looking over at Loken as they rode in near silence.

NaNo Count455
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes