[Unverified] Samuel Blackthorn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Samuel Blackthorn

Postby Sam Blackthorn on November 21st, 2017, 4:09 pm

Samuel Blackthorn

indecisive. chaotic. lost. unloved. freeman.

nature lover. self sufficient. resourceful. unconventional

Male Human of Mixed Blood/
Common Language/
14th night of Summer, 450AV/
unknown birthplace/
Patchwork Port/

concept :
Divided, I Stand.

Samuel’s history as a street children turned him into a dissociated eccentric individual detached from the local folk of Alvadas. Adding to this already heavy burden and really mess up childhood was his memory with the Ornery Orphanage. Although being inside of the city for the rest of his life it didn’t make him one with the Alvads, not their culture, nor their social niche. His own moral compass decides for himself and rarely shows concern to the overall status or state of the city or other strangers if not because of Miss Berrel and the fishermen of Patchwork port.

Samuel radiates a mixture of awkwardly silence, cold intimidating aura and an odd demeanor of shooting a gaze from different direction that made people think he was a not so good person or at its worst an Autistic, or paranoid. His shady in person, not into socializing that much and was in fact very private about anything he does. On a regular basis, people will feel ill bad about him and how unstable he is. These impressions will slowly shift after sometime they knew him well. This was maybe the result of working side by side with an authoritative figure like his aunt and his painful dark past. Samuel struggles to improved his self, hopefully enjoy life at its fullest.

history :
The Paved Path

I have been afraid of people, the Alvads, and the Alvadas itself when I was a child. Maybe because of the reason, I depict it as a harsh environment especially to homeless people like me. People ignore. People shrug and put several negative frowns seeing a dumb stray boy begging for food. I have no one if it was not for Berrel. I grow a part of my childhood on the ever changing streets of the city of illusion. Despair has been a common shadow for me. Ionu pushed me real harder when I thought I was being rescued and sent to a new home they called as the Ornery. Tales wrapped the house of disappearing children, the most favorite one yet to live and I was among those few chosen kids lucky to be adopted, not really adopted but more on just for formality's sake. As everyone knew, every kid in the orphanage disappear if they were not pick. Miss Berrel waited and visited me for years yet no one ever decided to adopt a "a tattooed kid".

Everyday Ionu had been playing with my mind. Ornery was a nightmare, a thing I do not want to discuss with anyone. Thanks for miss Serenity Berrel she take me to her little office where I stay for some days following my tenth birthday. The lady taught me how to work and earn a living, helping her sort the mountainous pile of files and sometime running the market to deliver letters. Miss Berrel of the Sanity Center has become my only legal guardian. Like the others, she assisted me in finding the right home for me outside the walled city, nearby the Patchwork port. I was known to the Alvads as Berrel’s young boy though we were like only brothers and sisters when you saw us and it was fun to think about it. When you asked me about my hopes and dreams, I see myself growing plants and vegetables indoor and I like to be alone most of the time. In solitary, I found peace. Socializing was my key weakness. Spirituality and arts was my strength.
Last edited by Sam Blackthorn on November 24th, 2017, 5:35 am, edited 30 times in total.
Sam Blackthorn
I call myself by many names

Words: 2386
Joined roleplay: November 20th, 2017, 12:42 pm
Race: Human, Mixed

Samuel Blackthorn

Postby Sam Blackthorn on November 21st, 2017, 4:11 pm

"Appearance"

By the looks, Samuel can be considered a level over an average man. His shortness in height, standing only in 175cm, slim frame lightweight body build, pointed nose and fair complexion can be perceived a minus on the normal masculinity image. Not the isur type but his overall physical appearance was cute and adorable. He did not have that bulky muscular build. He could be raw and tough if needed but not barbaric. His movements were not bold. It was graceful and eye-catching. His a prince slash emotional weirdo type and can swoon young girls with his noteworthy candid smiles. Top prominent features of his body were his squint little slanted eyes, long narrow legs and tattoos. Samuel's dark brown hair was always cut short, straight and messy. Never did he tried having a long hair and is disgusted to males with long hair.

Unlike the common Alvads Sam was not fond of wearing colorful festive apparel or clothing. Sometimes he will wear nothing at the top sometime just a plain linen shirt or a black wool cloak directly or mix-match depends on the weather and his mood but he was always can be seen with his simple personal linen pants. He never forgot his pants and used it every day when meeting people going to the city proper or the port. He may be seen naked or wears only his undergarments when alone at the shore or at his house.
Last edited by Sam Blackthorn on November 24th, 2017, 5:18 am, edited 6 times in total.
Sam Blackthorn

Samuel Blackthorn

Postby Sam Blackthorn on November 21st, 2017, 4:23 pm

Relationships

Serenity Berel (NPC)

Owe her everything...

legal guardian & godmother :
"Serenity is a tall, middle-aged woman with a ginger nest of hair, slightly crazed eyes, and a very misleading name. She has the air of someone who has been asked one question too many. Sitting behind her large oak desk, she routinely greets visitors and explains to them the principals behind Alvadas. However, once they start asking questions about nearby taverns and landmarks, Serenity sighs and counts to ten in her head. Since the streets move about so often, it is impossible for her to answer, putting her and her guests in a bad mood. She tries to appear friendly and welcoming, but sometimes the strain of the day just becomes too much."

"Serenity grew up in Alvadas and spent her whole life living in the Sanity Center. Established, by her grandfather, the building had serves as both a home and a place of work for Serenity. Her family has always been held in high esteem by Alvadas’s people and she strives to keep the respect her predecessors had eared. She had watched her parents work at the building throughout her childhood, helping los travelers and misguided locals. After both her parents passed away, the burden of keeping up the Center fell on Serenity’s unwilling shoulders. While she loves Alvadas and its residents, she does not believe she knows nearly enough to hold such an important office in the city. Too many people rely on her guidance, making Serenity paranoid and overly cautious."

Disclaimer: Exact description from the lore please see Alvadas lore for more info about her in specific The Sanity Center.

Mrs. Holt (NPC)

This woman, an opposite of Auntie Serenity, one way or another I will make a way to kick her out of the orphanage for good...

adversary :
"A severe older woman, Mrs Holt runs the Ornery Orphanage in Alvadas. A native of the illusionary city, not much is known about the old woman before she came to be in charge of the orphanage. Whatever happened to make her so severe and cruel, it has left a lasting impact on the woman, who holds back nothing in unleashing her strict rules and expectations on the orphans under her care. Mrs Holt expects nothing but complete and utter obedience. It is her belief in the old adage, "Children should be seen and not heard," that governs daily life in the Ornery Orphanage. Mrs Holt likes to change the adage, sometimes: "Children should be neither seen nor heard, unless I bloody call for them." Never reluctant to use corporeal punishment, she is a harsh woman, holding no bars and speaking frankly and honestly about her distaste: unless in the company of a potential adopter.."

Disclaimer: Exact description from the lore please see Alvadas lore for more info about her in specific The Ornery Orphanage.
Last edited by Sam Blackthorn on November 22nd, 2017, 8:04 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Sam Blackthorn

Samuel Blackthorn

Postby Sam Blackthorn on November 21st, 2017, 4:30 pm

Possessions

Image Image

Equipment
    Linen Shirt
    Linen Pants
    Wool Undergarments
    Wool Cloak
    Simple Boots

Inventory
ImageBackpack which contains:
    1 Water skin
    Wooden Brush
    Wooden Comb
    100 Gold Miza
    1 eating knife
    Flint & Steel
    Soap

Somewhere
In the house:
-Balanced Rations (1 Weeks’ worth)

Heirmloom
"Pandora's Box"

An aged-old small jewelry locked box without a key brought with the crashing waves onto the shore. It sounded like something was inside when shaken. Possibly it came from a shipwreck of Suvan sea.

secret: bones, or a piece of something, or papers were inside of it... no one knows yet...

Housing
Small 400 square feet single room flat with a stone hearth at the heart of it and a shed roof. There's a single window with a thick wooden windowsill in-front and a wooden rectangular table in the corner. More windows behind the main buck illuminating the room more than the front when at dawn's light. The most noticeable part inside the room was an illusion of a partial Canopy bed. If one observes enough, they can see brown soiled draperies tied around the higher beams of the shed turned personal dwelling. Almost 90% of the studio type house was made from different types and quality of woods. Mainly the walls and the floors were wooden, except for the hearth. The non-typical small house was a former wood shed. It was somehow huge for a shed and impractical for their growing lumber business that the previous owner decided to sell it in rent to own installment basis to house the poor Berrel's boy, after when Serenity spoke to them first. An upright old chest serves as a secondary table can be seen in the corner next to a table. It will be a real challenge for an occupant to clean the house, as the entire house and the outside vicinity was naturally dusty through the frequent sea winds. Facing the ocean, it surely is a hazard area for tidal sea waves of Suvan. Sunset lights the front step with warmer hues three times the friendly mild morning light. Outside the house, various plant life can be seen invading the area surprisingly with the hostile saline conditions of the sand dunes. Pretty, flowering plants grow close to the ground, spreading out rather than growing tall. Often they have deep taproots and roots at their nodes that allow these coastal plants to spread, firmly anchor in the sand, and stabilizing the sand against erosion. Due to the threat of desiccation (drying out), the small leathery leaves of these Succulents are frequently a light green or grayish color that reflects sunlight that hold moisture. Some examples of plant life here are Red-sand Verbena, Beach grasses, Beach Bur, Beach Saltbush, there are even some wracks and kelps when reaching more to the seashore itself. Kelp flies are common as so as the sea turtles who nested chimes away from Samuel's beach shelter.
Last edited by Sam Blackthorn on November 24th, 2017, 5:28 am, edited 20 times in total.
Sam Blackthorn

Samuel Blackthorn

Postby Sam Blackthorn on November 21st, 2017, 4:42 pm

Attributes

"Stat Point Table"

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Pain Tolerance # 5SP, #10RB #15 Novice
Observation # 10SP #10 Novice
Organisation # 10SP #10 Novice
Gardening # 10SP #10 Novice
Stealth # 10SP #10 Novice
Lifting # 5SP #5 Novice

"Lores"
Travel Routes to Sanity Center
Basic Plant Cultivation
Last edited by Sam Blackthorn on November 24th, 2017, 5:31 am, edited 8 times in total.
Sam Blackthorn

Samuel Blackthorn

Postby Sam Blackthorn on November 21st, 2017, 5:43 pm

Miscellaneous

"Ledger"
+100 GM =100GM

"Timeline"
N/a no thread yet