Unfamiliar Hope [Panna Cotta, please]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Unfamiliar Hope [Panna Cotta, please]

Postby Eris on December 21st, 2010, 3:39 am

“Because I’m tired,” Eris blurted out. Her throat suddenly felt raw, as if she had been screaming for years. She no longer felt like a calm, experienced, and detached assassin. She felt like a young 21-year old woman who just couldn’t take it anymore. She took a steadying breath, willing her composure to return. “I’m tired of being alone, of hiding everything from everyone, of talking to a voice of an old friend in my head because I left the owner of the voice behind a long time ago.”

She willed the last traces of bitter desperation out of her voice and she was back on firm ground. The cold, emotionless mask took its rightful place over her face as she regarded the Irylid before her. “I have put a lot of thought into this. I know I can’t trust just anyone. I need some sort of insurance - a safety net, if you will. When two beings are dependent on each other for survival, there is little room for betrayal. I have room in my life for someone who can advise me and be the extra pair of eyes on the back of my head. So, why not fill that room? You want to get out of here and I want someone who I can learn to trust. Seems to me we both have only to gain from this relationship.”

She studied the creature before her carefully, knowing that she had already made her choice. “What may I call you?” she asked after a beat and then, “If you’re willing, I would welcome you as my familiar.”
Eris
...in solemn silence on a dull, dark dock...

Words: 171398
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2010, 1:55 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Previous