Shadow And Doubt (Kellan pls)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Lyra on August 2nd, 2010, 8:11 pm

“I appreciate your understanding”, Lyra replied and looked away. This time it was him who needed the privacy away from foreign eyes.

So there was something in his past that was better left buried too. The expression on his face, the tone of his voice, his whole body language made that quite obvious. Lyra hadn’t really expected it, but life kept surprising her on so many different occasions that she slowly got used to the changes. The Mizahar she was now exploring wasn’t the Mizahar she had left. There was still so much to learn, but Lyra started looking forward to every new day and the epiphanies that went along with it. As long as nobody asked, she was fine with avoiding her past and keeping flashes of memories at bay. She could do it.

Suddenly Kellan spoke up, startling Lyra a bit. “Lunch?” she repeated sheepishly. Soon, however, comprehension wiped away the confused expression on her face. “Yes, let’s get something to eat.” She gladly accepted the offered hand and rose from the quiet spot at the river. It had been such a nice time with Kellan so far! Apart from the one question – the one everyone would ask sooner or later – the conversation had been excellent and she had truly learned a great deal about the city. Of course, she was already familiar with the Communal Kitchens, but that didn’t mean that eating was a bad idea. Quite on the contrary, actually. Also, Lyra was curious about the Endal treatment as soon as Kellan mentioned it.

While slowly walking back towards the core of the city, the thoughts of both slowly drifted away. There certainly were enough problems and concerns Lyra as well as Kellan had to face. As for the Ethaefal, she wondered once again if Syna had meant to send her a message through this meeting. When thinking back, Lyra knew that the moment she had stretched her arms towards the warm eye of her Lady, she had called out to the Goddess in the Ukalas. Perhaps this was Syna’s way of answering her child’s calls? If that was true … A warm and relaxing feeling radiated from that possibility and made Lyra smile with bliss. It meant that there still was a way of communicating with her Lady – then there might be a way of asking Her questions, demanding answers. Her situation hadn’t changed, after all, all she had done was to try to accommodate to it as well as possible. She wasn’t done with her problems just by forgetting them. No, there had to be something else she could do.

Apparently she had just found the way through that she could carry out her plans.

The firm grip at her hands chased such thoughts away, though. Looking up, Lyra found herself eye in eye with Kellan. The next words he spoke with great sincerity. There was a deep truth in every syllable that told Lyra that Kellan had learned something from their previous talk. Realizing that filled her with a kind of satisfaction that she hadn’t experienced before. Lyra learned that she could help others on their journey through providing comfort, encouraging words and friendship. With a blissful sigh she took a few steps, turned back to Kellan and flashed a teasing grin at him. “Sure. I thought you already knew that. Let’s try getting to the kitchens in time, though.”

And with that, the majestic Ethaefal literally hopped down the pathways and corridors towards the kitchens. This day kept getting more and more rewarding … apparently their encounter had just been the beginning.
Lyra
Never happy.

Words: 15028
Joined roleplay: June 12th, 2010, 8:00 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Kellan Lucia on August 21st, 2010, 3:46 am

The previous tension that had hung in the air from Kellan's question seemed to lighten a bit. That made him feel a lot better. There was nothing that he hated more than to make a beautiful girl uncomfortable. Luckly she seemed to be as eager as he was about getting rid of the tension. He was happy that reguardless of his prying question she still agreed to go at lunch with him. As they walked Kellan tried to keep the convorsation light with facts about his race or facts about the city. He did not want to put his friend into anymore discomfort.

When they got to the commons Kellan held his hand out and led Lyra into the hall. "After you my lady." Kellan knew he was over doing it but he trusted Lyra to see his over politeness as a joke. The commons were buzzing with activity. The Endal were all eating their large meals on one end of hall and the dek savoring their meager ration of food on the other. He led Lyra over to the cooks and got food for the two of them. They were both good sized meals that were fit for the eagle riders. He hoped that Lyra would not seem him as being rude for taking his larger share when the dek had so little. Kellan had a reputation in the commons of messing with the dek and he knew that today he would have to take a break from the pestering because he did not want Lyra to see how he treated the drudges. Maybe she was good for him. A girl from the sky to keep his feet on the ground and make him stop thinking that he was better than the dek. When the two sat down Kellan looked over at Lyra. "Well here you are, the Endal treatment. I hope you like Wind Reach's food. I love it but of course, I have never been anywhere else so I am biased." He gave her a smile and then started to eat. He really hoped that the older Endal would lay off the jokes at his expense for the day. His usual time in the eating commons was usually spent eating and getting ignored by the older endal or them making fun of him until he went and pestered a dek. He hoped that everyone would just ignore him for at least this meal. He did not want Lyra to be subject to the playful, but often harsh teasing that the younger endals sometimes got. Clearly though, this was not his day. An older Endal elbowed him as he sat down. "Looks like little Kelly brought a friend today. It's nice to see that even the runts of the group manage to have a social life." Kellan tried with all of his will power to just ignore the endal. His temper ran hot and fast but he did not want to blow up in front of Lyra. Kellan was extremely sensitve about his short height though. 5'6 was not exactly a proud height for a man. Kellan bit his lip and tried to not start a fight with the man. It took a lot, Kellan loved to fight and usually he would have been on top of the guy in a full blown fight for making a comment about his height. Something about Lyra made him calmer though. Something about her sweet, simple demeanor calmed down Kellan's fiery temper. Kellan pointed his golden eyes at Lyra. "I'm sorry for his rudeness. The older Endal like to mess with me, just ignore them." He gave her a small smile to hide how embrassed he was for his height getting pointed out like that. He did not want her to see how much it bothered him. Kellan decided to change the topic entirely. "So how are you liking the city so far?' He hoped that she liked it. He worried that he had talked about the city too much. He just did not want to make her uncomfortable with awkward silences.

[OOC: I am very sorry about how long this took. I have been super busy. I promise to not take this long ever again.]
Daylight again, following me to bed
I think about a hundred years ago, how my fathers bled
I think I see a valley, covered with bones in blue
All the brave soldiers that cannot get older been asking after you
Hear the past a calling, from Valterian's side
When everyone's talking and no one is listening, how can we decide?
Kellan Lucia
5'6 OF GINGER FURY!!!!!

Words: 113386
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2010, 7:05 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Dreamcatcher on December 23rd, 2010, 6:14 pm

Character: Lyra

Experience: +3 Socializing
Lore: Figuring out the layout of Wind Reach, Thoughts of Syna

Character: Kellan

Experience: +3 Socializing
Lore: Spotting Strangers in a Sea of Red Hair, Fawning over Your Eagle, Teaching about Wind Reach

Additional Note: Pssst Lyra, Wind Reach is in a mountain there are warrens, not streets. If you feel that I missed something please PM me with the details on what I missed and I will review it.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous