Loreto

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Loreto

Postby Loreto on March 21st, 2018, 4:40 pm

Loreto
Birth name: Kana Tenu
Race: Human
Home Region: Ravok
Birthday: Fall 57, 501
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 142 lbs

Physical

Besides what she was born with, every aspect of Loreto’s appearance is intentional. She keeps her hair half up so it remains out of her face but also cannot be used by her opponent to turn the tides of combat. She keeps her outfits dark and loose: loose so that her archery does not suffer, and dark so that she has a tactical advantage when fighting at night. She has never worn makeup because she does not need to appeal to make her targets easier to shoot. And she keeps her steps soft and swift, rolling her feet as she was trained to keep her aim steady and her opponents unaware.

There are some parts of her that she wishes she could change. Her small physique, though kept at its peak through training, makes drawing a bow require more effort. Her hair, despite pulling it back, still tickles her face and risks causing a distraction. And her full lips still draw eyes to her, eyes that could risk her accomplishing her task.

Despite her worries, it is rather difficult for people to assume that she could be a beautiful distraction. She rarely smiles and looks on everyone with a glare of suspicion. Her voice furthers this unpleasant look, dead in tone and sharp in intonation. Her head is held high, telling others that she is certain she stands above them in respectability and capability.

Personality

The world has not been kind to Loreto, and as such, she has hardened herself from future hurts. Though she is capable of feeling emotion, she finds it very easy to reserve such displays to minimal mannerisms – a twitch of an eyebrow here, a sharp sigh there. This makes it much easier to keep people at a distance, and further provides her the defenses to never be hurt again.

Despite all this, Loreto does feel deeply. It is why things hurt as they do, she thinks. So even though she desires to keep people at a distance, she feels the pains of loneliness for such actions. It’s a horrible weakness that she just cannot seem to purge from herself. Her greatest weakness, however, is her fear. She feels so afraid all the time: fear of failure, fear of being overlooked by her superiors, fear of her family. She is grateful for her ability to hide such fear, but she knows it will not serve her forever. One day, she will have to face her fears and conquer them. She will have to kill them, if necessary.
Last edited by Loreto on May 10th, 2018, 12:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current schedule: Due to big changes in life, I won't have a solid schedule until mid-February at the earliest, March at the latest. I do know that I have weekends available, though.

Face credit: Shu Qi
Loreto
Player

Words: 3653
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2018, 8:20 pm
Character sheet

Loreto

Postby Loreto on May 8th, 2018, 4:00 am

History

Fall 57, 502: Kana Tenu is born

Details :
The Tenu family holds no grand reputation within Ravok. Anjin Tenu was a fisherman and his wife, Kita, assisted in whatever stores were willing to receive her assistance. They were both first-generation Ravokians, born from immigrant families. As Kana, Loreto was the second of five children and thus was tasked with raising her younger siblings while her parents worked.

It was a miserable existence for. Kita would always come home too exhausted to give her family more than a cursory glance. Anjin would always come home too drunk to treat his family with compassion. Kana’s older brother, Don, would often usher all the children into a corner or to their beds so that only he would take the blows Anjin wished to dole out. Eventually, Kana believed herself brave enough to withstand the blows alongside her brother.

That first night of such bravery, it took only one slap to knock her into unconsciousness.

Winter 87, 510: Tenu family suffers from a seasonal illness

Details :
The seasonal illness seemed to hurt the Tenu family far more than it hurt any other family of similar status. While other families would see one or two children with the sickness and quickly recover, all five children in the Tenu family were bedridden. Kana has wondered time and again how such a thing could happen: were they not fed enough? Did they live in a moldy home? Were they cursed? Either way, what should have been a simple, harmless illness ended up killing all but Kana and her youngest sister, Yumi. Don would have survived, too, but Anjin decided he should be punished for the family’s health troubles.

After that point, Kana received all the punishments Anjin could think up in his drunken stupors.

Fall 57, 514: Kana runs away, Loreto is born

Details :
Kana cannot say what she did the night before her twelfth birthday. She remembers the results – Kita weeping, Yumi smothered by a pillow, Anjin breaking a fishing rod over her back. Blood. She remembers blood most of all. But she cannot remember much more than running away.

The morning after was not that much better – waking up beside an altar to Rhysol, staring up at a glaring Ebonstryfe, answering the guard’s questions with the same phrase, “My name is Loreto. My family is dead.” She expected opposition or skepticism from the guard, but her papers must have had enough blood on them to smudge her name, because she was marched over to the Citizen Registration office to receive an updated copy. Watching the Stryfe walk away afterwards with a warning to be careful, Loreto thought on what it meant to be among the Ebonstryfe. It was brutal, to be sure, but there was belonging there as well. Belonging she never felt.

Rhysol would promise such a belonging. So long as she devoted every breath to his cause, he would promise it. And such a promise was too sweet to let go. And so, on her twelfth birthday, Loreto began down the path of the Ebonstryfe.

Thread List

Threads will be listed here once they begin.
Last edited by Loreto on May 8th, 2018, 5:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
Current schedule: Due to big changes in life, I won't have a solid schedule until mid-February at the earliest, March at the latest. I do know that I have weekends available, though.

Loreto
Player

Character sheet

Loreto

Postby Loreto on May 8th, 2018, 4:14 am

Equipment

Starting Package
  • 1 Set of Clothing
  • Shirt and trousers
  • Undergarments
  • Shoes
  • Cloak
  • 1 Waterskin
  • 1 Backpack
  • 1 Set of Toiletries
  • Food for a week
  • 1 eating knife
  • Flint & Steel

Family Heirloom
Anjin Tenu's quiver

According to Don, there was a time when Anjin wanted to hunt in the forests to earn money rather than fishing. Said having so many children in so short a time kept him from acquiring the needed equipment. Loreto thinks it wasn't so much the children as it was the drink that stole all that money away from their family. To her, it proved even more that he never deserved the quiver in the first place. She's lucky she remembered to take it with her when she ran away.

Weaponry and Related Accessories
  • Longbow
  • Longbow arrows (20)
  • Archer’s arm guard
  • Archery glove
  • Quiver (See Family Heirloom)

Other
To be updated as more items are acquired.

Ledger

Item Amount Balance
Starting Package +100 GM 100 GM
Longbow -75 GM 25 GM
Longbow arrows (20) -1 GM 24 GM
Archer’s arm guard -1 GM 23 GM
Archery glove -1 GM 22 GM

Housing

Current home: Standard Ravokian Room
Last edited by Loreto on May 9th, 2018, 8:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Loreto
Player

Character sheet

Loreto

Postby Loreto on May 8th, 2018, 5:17 am

Skills

Skill Points Level
Bowing/Fletching 10 SP Novice
Stealth 10 SP Novice
Swimming 15 RB Novice
Unarmed Combat 15 SP Novice
Weapon (Longbow) 15 SP Novice

Lores

Lore of Religion: Rhysol
Lore of Ravok Street Layout

Languages

Common – Fluent
Nari – Poor
Details :
The Tenu family lived right next door to an Inarta family who liked to speak their native tongue in the evenings. Loreto never really paid enough attention to learn anything meaningful, but she did learn a word or two – or rather, she learned how to pronounce the word, but never understand its meaning.
Last edited by Loreto on May 10th, 2018, 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Loreto
Player

Character sheet