[Sartu] Absorb and Conquer

A wily Kelvic learns a thing or two about the city of Lhavit

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Sartu] Absorb and Conquer

Postby Zeva on June 24th, 2018, 6:28 am

1 Summer 518 AV
    Outside the Cosmos Centre ⬩ sometime after the tenth bell
Syna's weak rays had mingled enough with the fog to cause the sky to glow and the glare caught the Kelvic off guard as she exited the Cosmos Center. Her eyes adjusted quickly enough yet it still caused a faint furrow to form between her thick brows. Rolling her shoulders, she paused just outside the door to get her bearings, boots eventually bringing her a few more steps forward so she could see past the other beautifully crafted and glittering buildings to try and view the other peaks beyond. She cared little if she were in anyone's way; what mattered to her was orienting herself to her surroundings. So, putting her back to the path that wound its way to the gates she had earlier entered, she narrowed her red-orange-ringed eyes and peered off into the distance.

With the hazy sun off her right shoulder, she began counting the rolling peaks that marched out ahead of her, each moving more and more towards her left and to the sea - one, two, three-.

"Do you need help miss?"

Miss. It was a strange term and one she had not been addressed as before so it took her a few ticks until she realised the the young man with his ruffled, mousy hair and big blue eyes - eyes so similar to a pair she had seen before - was speaking to her. The boy was nonplussed, speaking the respectful term once more, "Miss, might I help you? I am the greatest guide in all of Lhavit! I can help you around the city and tell you everything you need to know."

His voice was irritatingly bouyant. Zeva hadn't been paying enough attention to tell if he had followed her out the Cosmos Center or if he was an opportunistic street urchin looking to take a newcomer for a ride. She regarded him now with a curious once-over, "I'm fine. I've been told where to go." Zeva didn't need help.

The young man persisted, approaching her amiably, seemingly oblivious to the cautionary look her gaze had shifted into. She clutched her pole and strap of her pack tighter, possessiveness spreading through her and, with it, a budding sense of wariness. Her eyes took in the boyish smile he offered her.

"Ok. But I can tell you a bit more about the city if you want. The peaks. The people. The history!" His voice was cheery and there was an innocence to him that stirred her interest. She studied him for a moment longer before her eyes flicked back to the building she had just left.

"The architecture," she supplied, voice cool and still as aloof as before.

"And the architecture!" His face was alight now, his energy palpable, and she watched as he wiped his hands down his pants before presenting one to her, "I'm Oishi Sakana, son of Youchi Sakana Dawn and greatgrandson of the man who built the building you just left." His pride was evident.

Zeva's pale blue hues flicked back to the boy and narrowed thoughtfully before eyeing the hand with mild disinterest, head cocking ever so slightly. She ignored it and focused on what he had said instead. So that was why the eyes were familiar - the woman who had helped her chimes before was this boy's mother. She mentally removed the notion of him being a wily street kid and focused on what she felt he was - a product of his upbringing.

Visibly relaxing, Zeva decided to take this boy on, loving the idea of a challenge - and his statement that he was the greatest guide in Lhavit felt like it needed to be challenged. "Very well," she slid the grapple pole behind her, securing it between her back and the pack by threading it through the straps and then folded her arms across her chest as a wry smile lifted a corner of her full lips, causing the array of freckles upon that cheek to rearrange, "let's see you be this 'greatest guide', hm?""

The boy grinned in return.

Zeva
mild annoyance

Words: 47531
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 6:36 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes