Closed Table for...?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Table for...?

Postby Lua Petri on August 1st, 2018, 4:05 am

81 Summer

It was half past six chimes when Lua arrived at The Sunrise Nook. She unlocked the door and entered the building, locking the door behind her again. Employees kept it locked until it opened shortly after sunrise. She wasn't the first one here, though; she could hear Ajah speaking to one of the other employees. It was a friendly conversation, by the tone, but Lua didn't bother eavesdropping. She had work to do to prepare for the workday.

She went to the back room, where her uniform hung. It was a simple outit: a maroon shirt with a nametag, beige pants and a white apron. She dressed quickly, putting her day clothes back up where the uniform had been. She grabbed a cleaning rag, stuffed it in her back pocket, and walked back out in the main serving room. A notepad for orders sat on the counter for her, and she took it as well as a small pencil. Sticking the pencil behind her ear and the notepad in her apron pocket, she began to wipe down the counter with the rag, moving onto tables when she finished.

On her sixth table, just quickly making sure it was free of leftover crumbs and other trash that could've been overlooked from yesterday's closing, the shop opened. She finished off wiping down the tables, slipping the rag back in her pocket, and walked back over to the counter.

A couple people came in shortly after opening; regulars, though Lua haven't talked to them a lot. She recognized them, but never caught their names... or she never bothered to remember them. They were friends of Ajah, so she was the one to greet them and make them feel welcome. Lua stayed behind the counter, waiting for more customers.
Lua Petri
Player

Words: 37369
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2018, 8:05 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Table for...?

Postby Eleutheria on August 1st, 2018, 7:32 pm

81st Summer, 518 AV

Apples, mushrooms and some vegetalbes from the stall, boiling water from the stream, a few dozen minutes. This was all Elea thought she'd need for the soup from yesterday. The desired color: Old blood on the floor. The desired taste: Of mushrooms and ironic tragedy. The recipe: As mother taught her. But Elea wasn't her mother.

The taste was instead of apples, but as if one would unseat any and all sweetness of them and poured in armoat of ironic comedy, of which Elea herself would be main role. If you ever saw fresh blood spreading out in the sea, that was the color of the soup. Since Elea did not lived under the sea, no confused shark would investigate, but she herself would have to eat what she prepared. She did not burned the house down and the meal was nutritious and adequate, but it was far from desired effect. Alas, she'd have to send a letter to mother to remind her more exact recipe. Or was that on Elea? Probably.

Either way, the breakfast would be much better and definately worth the march. The Sunrise Nook promised the best meal Elea could put in her mouth at the early morning, so she marched there, in her usual crimson sleevless shirt and tar-black pants, arms and shoulders shining in the dawning sun, without quite becoming scorched by it, loose hair radiant in it, as if ignited. The sun would soon shine harsher and Elea was pondering whether she should aquire a half cape to protect against it. She found half capes to be beautiful to wear.

So was she, as she entered the Sunrise Nook. Without even looking around, she approached the short-haired woman behind the counter.

"Morning, may I be shown to my seating? I'm not very sure about your specialties, so allow me to simply ask for your own reccomendation. Budget is... half a Kina.

Mysteries are fire. Truth burns.
Eleutheria
Absolute Madwoman in making

Words: 55731
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2018, 4:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Table for...?

Postby Lua Petri on August 3rd, 2018, 6:10 am

81 Summer

The woman entered the Sunrise Nook and immediately went to Lua. She stood up straight, having been leaning at this time. It was a little startling, her quick introduction and matter-of-fact way of speaking. But she didn't dwell on it too long. She flashed her a friendly smile and nodded. Of course! Follow me!" She motioned as she spoke, and lead the woman to a free table. She hadn't mentioned a party or anyone else joining her, so she seated her at a two-person table.

As the woman sat, she handed her the small paper menu that Lua offered to every group. "You say your budget is half a kina? Well, luckily we have enough items to choose from!" She began listing what the woman could afford, counting on her fingers as she did. "We have berry tarts, which are eight jade kina each. Bread's, er, four jade kina for a loaf, if you want to take something home for later. Then we have... bread buns, which are six jade kina a dozen. Our honey scones are five jade kina each, and lastly our green tea is four jade kina a cup."

She paused, and let out a small chuckle. "Oh, by the way. The name's Lua, in case you need to give a holler. Ajah's also here, but she's usually in the back cooking." She flashed another grin, pulling out her notepad from her apron pocket and her pencil from above her ear. "So, yeah. Those are all within your budget. Any of it sound good for you?"
Lua Petri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Table for...?

Postby Eleutheria on August 13th, 2018, 10:01 pm

"I'll have the berry tart, loaf of bread and a honey scone. With a green tea cup." - Elea responded, nodding politely - "Call me Elea. Lua is a fine name, even if it's one I never encountered before, until now. I suppose it won't be the only thing that's new to me, that Lhavit will have to offer" - she continued, allowing a polite smile to reach her, as she made herself comfortable, awaiting the order. - "It may sound.. most, awkward, but when do you pay up in these places? I fear I've never been in Lhavit before and it will take time to grow accustomed" - she asked, slightly embarrased.

It would seem Elea was confused. On one hand, she was a fresh immigrant and had to ask away for what she could. On the other hand, she was a reclusive one, who would prefer to consult a written piece, than a person. She did felt a slight sting as she compelled herself to ask. It was hard to describe. It was like climbing over a wall, maybe. Lua seemed very polite and friendly, though, and that was helping, even if to be polite, or friendly, was simply part of the job for her.
Eleutheria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Table for...?

Postby Lua Petri on August 14th, 2018, 4:43 am

81 Summer

Lua nodded, writing down the woman's order on her notepad for future record. "Good choice! The tarts are incredible, if I do say so myself. Sweet and savory, soft berries but a nice toasted crust. Perfection. Anyway, before I get too carried away..." Lua grinned as the woman introduced herself and chuckled. "Elea's a pretty name, matches the face it belongs to if you ask me." She winked at her playfully. She didn't really think before flirting, never considering how the person would react. Elea asked about the pay, and she cleared her throat. "Ah, yeah. I let a lot of regulars pay when they want, I know they will, but usually with new customers I ask for the payment shortly after the food arrives. Usually it's to make sure everything is good quality so you know you're paying the right price for something exceptional."

Lua continued, "It's not that awkward. You're new, a lot of travelers tend to ask questions their first time." She ripped out Elea's order from the notepad, holding on to it while she put the notepad in her pocket. "Anyway, I'll get your tea right now. Everything else will be along shortly." She flashed her one more smile, then turned and walked to the counter to get her order ready. She slipped the notepad paper into a little box behind the counter where she kept order records for the day, where Ajah would tally them up.

She grabbed a clean mug, then went to the hot water dispenser to filled it. Next to it was a container for green tea leaf bags, and she grabbed one and dipped it into the cup a couple of times before letting it sit in the water. She grabbed plates and a tray, getting a scone and tart from glass display cases and a loaf of bread from the back. She put them all on plates, then put the plates as well as the teacup all on the tray. Using one hand, which she was getting better at by now, she walked back to Elea's table and set the tray down. "Here we are! Your scone, tart, bread, and tea!" She named off the baked goods and drink as she moved them from the tray onto the table. When they were all on, she slid the tray under her arm, and nodded to her with a wide smile. "Hope everything is to your liking! I'll be back in a moment, see how everything is doing, then collect pay. Enjoy!"

Lua went to the other customers, not letting them go too long without her asking if they needed anything else or if their food was too their liking. Not a lot of people tended to return food and ask for something else, which Lua enjoyed. Many of them seemed genuinely fine with it, but she noticed sometimes they seemed to be too polite to want to give it back.

About ten chimes passed before Lua went back to Elea for an update. "How is everything, Elea? Want a refill of tea for four more jade kina?"
Lua Petri
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Table for...?

Postby Eleutheria on August 25th, 2018, 10:23 pm

Lua seemed very playful and friendly... even though for Elea's reserved nature, sometimes too friendly. "Thanks" - she chuckled on the compliment, putting her hand upon her mouth as she chuckled. Only then, did the notion of Lua winking at her registred upon her mind and Elea turned back, non-quickly but deliberately and proceeded with standing by. She never considered that a woman would take that kind of interest in her, let alone returning it, even though she knew and seen such women existing. But she wasn't fazed or flustered, merely slightly amused instead.

As the food arrived, her stomach started almost rioting, craving for the grub, which she proceeded to eat up, barely having time to thank Lua. Scone came up first, seeming to almost melt in Elea's mouth. Tart was second, and a piece of bread was eaten as well, so as to try it out. It was soft and fair, marginally superior to Ravok bread.

When she was drinking up the tea in pause of eating up the tart, she was approach by Lua, but then she noticed something. The contents of the chimes were felt all over Elea's lower face. Embarrassed, she picked up a nearest piece of cleaning cloth in vicinity and proceeded to quickly make her face look presentable again, as Lua asked her for a tea refill. "Sorry about that!" - she laughed in amusement and embarrasment allike. - "Yes, it's all real great. And, I'll sure welcome a new tea refill." - she replied.

Rather than keep Lua's thoughts on this little scene, Elea tried to change her course of thought. "Where do you live?" - she asked.
Eleutheria

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets