Noleon-The City in the Air

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Noleon-The City in the Air

Postby Sonyn on December 21st, 2009, 5:30 am

I got bored, so I decided to enter an idea for a city. I didn't decide on a region, I didn't think it really mattered all that much. If people like the idea and all, then I'll do some more, flesh it out, find/draw something for a picture...

Noleon (No-lone)
The city only recently came close enough to the ground for people to access it's The Stairs. The Stairs are a group of rocks that hover close enough together to walk across, so named because they get higher as you walk, providing access to the city above. The city itself floats around three hundred feet off of the ground. As yet, nobody knows how it does so. There is no visible power source, and the "ground" is only a foot thick, allowing no way to dig deeper without creating a hole that would provide a deadly drop. The city is not for those afraid of heights.

History
It is assumed that the city was either created by the gods, or by some freak accident during the Valterrian. Nobody knows for sure. It came close enough to climb The Stairs in 509 AV.

Economy
The only thing abundant in the city, other than buildings, is a strange phenomenon brought on by the freezing temperatures and moist air. Perhaps because of whatever powers that keepthe city aloft, the ice that forms is as hard as steel, and has a slightly redish tint to the dull opaque surface. Some early settlers have learned to shape it into thin but strong armor and weapons.

Culture
As it is such an anomoly, the city has attracted a rich variety of races. The culture has developed in such a way as to involve and mix the cultures together.

Architecture
The city's architecture is full of arches and columns, tall spires piercing the clouds, and huge basins that collect condesation for water. The city is made of white granite, mixed with a strange mineral that gives it stability and colors the buildings slightly red.
Sonyn
The Kelvic Lion

Words: 2481
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2009, 1:30 am
Location: Oregon. You know, the place where it never seems to snow? Yeah. That one.
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet