When Four Orphans Met

Einar comes to wear the shoes of the men who raised him.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

When Four Orphans Met

Postby Belugnir on September 2nd, 2018, 11:23 am

Second of Fall, North Ravok Outpost:

''You want me to do cockin' what now?'', Ein wasn't sure whether he should laugh or give the fellow who spoke to him a good whack on the head to sober him up. ''Why the shyke would I wanna teach your kids how to fight?''

''Einar, please. I know I owe you already but I-- they need this. I cannot teach them this, Gods know Mina can't either. But if something happens to us they'll have to know how to fight and survive. Please. I've no one else to ask.'', Bosanquet seemed troubled and desperate. Yet it also seemed to Einar that even the runaway carpenter wasn't fond of having to request as much of the mercenary. The family this lad had with him were all runaway slaves, and he was reluctant to leave the three children in the care of a mercenary he'd barely known. Yet the woman who would assume the role of their mother had convinced him to go and seek help, in as sparse and brash forms it may come.

''Mate, are you daft? You can't get 'em to listen to you. And you think I can? Mina nag your brains out or something?''

''It's not about listening to anyone... They're good kids, kind and well behaved... just...''

Ein was never fond of whimpering pleas, 'specially not when they seemed dishonest. ''What are you actually here for?''

Bosanquet had gone quiet.

''Look, pal, I won't be teaching shyke to your kids over your sniveling for me to do so. Either tell me why you actually want this or piss off and go back to your planks and tables.''

''Can I... can I just bring them to you? For a chime? And explain then?''

Mate I swear, I'll bloody break your nose in...''...Fine. But hurry the petch up.''

Bosanquet gave a rushed bow of gratitude and guarded relief, before storming off, back to the palisade, leaving Ein to go back to hacking firewood as he'd been doing before the carpenter's interruption. But Bosanquet was quick to return, albeit his step was slow as he did so, as were the steps of three children he now had in tow. All of them wore their heads hunched, fearful and exhausted.

WC:377
Last edited by Belugnir on November 10th, 2018, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

When Four Orphans Met

Postby Belugnir on October 9th, 2018, 11:34 pm

Negligence and dismissal quickly turned to inquisitive foreboding, Ein’s gaze going from one of the girls’ blackened eyes to the tattered bandages that the lone boy of the three wore about both his arms, and which seemed to reach and strap about his chest under the excuse for clothing he wore.

‘’Explain.’’, the demand was sharply exhaled, though Bosanquet apparently still hadn’t the proper words to admit his failure.

Silence would linger.

‘’I-it was a man tried to take sis Erika…’’, Ein barely understood the pitiful coo of the littlest of the little ransacked trio. The girl looked no older than six… and was quick to grow quiet when attention shifted to her… though what she’d spoken, and the tears that were welling up in the older girl’s eyes was enough for the mercenary to put a plausible assumption together… and regardless of how correct it was, it was enough to begin spewing forth a lecture.

‘’Bos, you are a shyke parent.’’, the accusation sizzled through the air. ‘’And you’d be a shyke friend to have… and even optin’ to call you as much is giving me the barfs.’’, pointedly did Einar hammer his hatchet into the stump upon which he’d been cutting firewood.

‘’Look me in the eye when I’m talking to you.’’, just barely did Bosanquet's gaze rise at the demand.

‘’Where’s the bugger tried to snatch your child?’’

‘’She—I’m not…’’

‘’Where’s the bugger who tried to take away your child, Bos?’’

Silence, a bolting gaze and a sweating crown were the only answer this time around. So Ein found himself stomping the way over to the spineless twat and taking him by the collar of his shirt, whilst the three children cowered away.

‘’Where?’’

‘’I-in the bloody forest, al-alright? I b-buried the ba-bastard out in the woods…’’, the lad barely strained through grit teeth and teary eyes… And was then let go of and dismissed to fall down on his arse. Sniveling.

‘’Petch the gods…’’, Ein sighed, turning away from the man, hands settling on his hips as he began to stride aimlessly about. This is none of my concern. ‘’Was he a black one?’’, if that were the case Bosanquet, Mina and their three little runts were done for, and possibly Einar with them by mere merit of talking to the idiots so much as once.

‘’I… I don’t think he was a Stryfer…’’, Bosan reassured himself, gulping down breaths like a startled babe as he spoke. ‘’He was more… r-robust and untidy… a thug, like…’’

‘’Like me. Good. Then maybe you won’t end up gutted in a ditch within the fortnight… Bugger me…’’
What do I care?

Ein paused suddenly, eyes wide agape going to each of the three quivering little ones before returning to their incapable adoptive father again.

‘’You were the one to kill him, right?’’, he asked, almost dreadful of the answer that’d come.

Why am I still talking to this spineless twat?

‘’…No.’’, Bos barely squeezed out the word.

At that point Ein simply had to look away from the man. He couldn’t rightly recall being properly disgusted as he were now.

‘’It was aunt Mina. Took him in the back of the head with a knife while he held uncle Bos by the neck…’’, the beaten up boy explained in place of his unwilling caretaker.

Of course she cockin’ did… Einar shook his head, pitifully laughing out a snort.

WC: 570
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)