Solo Dual Mind Set

Red takes his skills to The Greco Hut to refine some skills

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Dual Mind Set

Postby Red Daghul on January 28th, 2019, 5:09 am

Timestamp: 52 day of winter, 518

The wind whipped past the duo as Red and Daghul soared across the sky into the Unforgiving which had really taken well to the amount of rain that it had been getting recently. The green color that shot by under the rider seemed to be more vibrant than it normally was, and the wind seemed to bring a smell of growth that he just wasn't used to during this time of the year. It was strange to say the least. Not that it was overly unwelcome to the rider, but it just didn't feel right.

The Endal was still sore from his fight only two days ago, and after seeing how that fight went the two decided that it might be worth the time and money to put into some more training into Red's sword skills. Plus he had been wanting to develop a new skill set that he had heard of, and he had been told that there was no better place than to make a visit to The Greco Hut. It wasn't to far away, and honestly they figured that they could double up this trip with a bit of fishing to up his numbers for the season. The Reach was in need anyways food was gonna be tight it looked like.

The Eagle sent Red a warning he was going to start making his drop to the earth and as the Endal moved into position in the saddle Daghul leaned to the left shifting his weight as the two slide across the sky making a circle towards the ground. Red put his weight opposite to Daghul so that they balanced each other off. Sweeping around in large circles soon Daghul let his talons out as he came in contact with the ground after a bit of time, and Red slipped off his back with his two Talon swords on his back. Red sent his thanks, and told Daghul that he would be back after a few chimes and the Eagle took off into the sky.

The Hut it's self seemed pretty simple, or at least what the Inarta people would call simple maybe others wouldn't, but the fact that it was made of wood did tend to bring some complexity as wood was something in the Reach you wouldn't see often. Then again that really didn't matter to Red all that much he was here because he had heard that the man who ran this training ground was one of the best in the area. Walking towards the building the Endal let his body loosen up a bit from the flight eager to start working.

Pushing through the door Red scanned the room that was mostly open with different training surfaces, and the impressive amount of weapons that lined the walls. There was a smell of woods that seemed to enter the building through windows left opened due to the weather of the day. Other than Red it seemed mostly empty, and Red wasn't really sure what he was looking for. So far he was a little unimpressed due to the lack of activity, but really wasn't ready to cast any judgement. That is when a man came out of some back room the Endal assumed because he heard the Inartan man enter the building.

"You looking for some training boy?" the voice was rough and dry if Red were to describe it, but it matched the mans look at the same time. There was a somber way about him, and the way his olive eyes stared at the Endal almost seeming to weigh Red and his skill. The clean shaved man walked forward his sword at his size he gave the Inartan the full size up before opening his mouth again "yes, a fighter, though you could improve I'm sure". The Endal wasn't sure he was overly excited to be judge so quickly, but it was clear that this was Archeron Greco the man he was looking for.

Red opened his mouth and answered the first question "That was my plan, I mean if you are up for the task" the Endal didn't really know how to handle the commit about his skills.

"I take it you are committed to the Talon sword then?" this man didn't play around he seemed to want to get straight to the training "maybe working with both of them if I was to guess" there was no doubt that he like to size up those who came to train with him.

"yes, and I had been thinking about it if you can work with that" Red settled on waiting to see how this went before he made a call of if he liked the man "What will it cost?".

"5GM for a session, 50 if you want it for the whole season" the man walked up and offered his hand "I think we can work out something for your dual swords as well. The names Archeron Greco" the man seemed amused.

"Red" the Endal offered as he took the mans hand and nodded "I like the sound of that, when do we start?"

Red Daghul
Endal

Words: 161213
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2010, 2:08 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dual Mind Set

Postby Red Daghul on January 29th, 2019, 5:34 am

Archeron let the slightest grin reach his face at the eagerness of the young man "hmmmm so sure of yourself I see" he nodded with his head over to one of the training floors that was covered in stone. It wasn't large, but it was a fair size and Red found himself curious about the man. "What is your training like? formal?" the older man let the question linger as he drew his blade from it's home at his side the gleaming metal cold in the light of the building.

The Endal studied the blade being very different from his own Talon blades it was odd to see the straight bladed weapon that humans carried. Red preferred the curve of the Talon swords over the longer straightened ones. "I spent many years working with the other Endals, though I'm sure you know that the sword isn't really much cared for when you can use a bow" the Inartan drew his carved talon sword from his back "Other than that I have worked on my form myself".

There was a moment of silence as the trainer stood stretching a bit as he considered the training spoken of, and he slowly brought his long sword in front of him standing in a guarded stance with his right foot forward about shoulder length apart. There was strength in the way the man held himself "well, we shall see what all that training has brought forth". Red stood his sword at his side not bothering to enter into any stance and waited to see what move the man would make first.

The sound of metal cutting through the air came first as Archeron brought his sword across towards Red's chest in a quick cut that the more relaxed Endal had to move quickly to move his sword in front of as the ring of metal clashing with each other echoed out. The two started to circle each other the younger still a bit over confident about the fight. A slash aiming for Red's left shoulder moved like a bird diving for it's prey and though once again the Endal put his sword in the way he was hard pressed when the somber man put two more cuts back to back one towards his right side and the other coming up from his left.

The Inartan took a step back as he felt the speed of the other man quicken and he spread his feet out and his sword moved out in front as Archeron sent a flurry of attacks spreading out from left, right, up down, right, left, left, up, down, and then left again. Red fought to get his sword in front of each of the attacks as he felt himself slowly be pushed back away from the man who's attacks came over and over again. It was clear that the Endal took this man to be his equal and this was clearly not the case. As the cold touch of metal touched the side of his neck.

"Not nearly as bad as I thought you would be" the man pulled his blade back from the slightly stunned younger man "you are to relaxed with your form, and you lack proper stance. You will be thrown off Balance if you start and fight off like you did. Your core and footing are just as important as you cuts, and sword play" the man eyed the Inartan "I will give you you have speed, and your focus at least is in the right place, though it could use work over all" the older man ready himself again to fight and Red was just starting to get a feel for how this day was going to go.

Secret :
Red Talon sword =134
Archeron longsword = 153

Red Daghul
Endal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Dual Mind Set

Postby Red Daghul on January 30th, 2019, 7:42 am

This time The Endal was more wary of his foe as it was clear that he held the upper hand when it came to this fight, and Red didn't want exchange a loss for showing off. Listening to the words of criticism given to him he moved his feet out matching that of the trainer his hand guiding the blade in his hand in front of him. The hilt felt right in his hand, and the weight felt at home with in his grasp. The inartan's eyes snapped into focus on the other man watching for even a glimmer of a hint that he was about to move.

"That's it!" the older man let out in his rough voice "now move, but keep your footing even" the sword flashed out in a arc towards Red's head, and the red head spun to the side dodging the blow coming around just in time to see the blade flash out at him towards his chest. It was enough time to bring his Talon sword between him and the long sword the sound of metal on metal ringing out. "better! now faster" Archeron called out sending a flood of blows towards Red.

Moving the Talon sword back and forth the Endal blocked the first two slashes dodging the third as he found a opening to launch his own attack. Moving the blade within his hands he sent a slash across the mans chest which was parried to the side, but Red spun and using a foot he intended to sweep the legs of his foe. It was avoided as the man jumped back and lashed out. The flash of metal and a spark as the two swords scratched at each other locked together as the strength of both men pushed on the other their eyes locked.

Archeron broke first moving back then sending a a flurry of slashes ending in a jab, Red dodged the first, blocked the next to and parried the jab away from him and entered into his own flurry. Slashing low towards the gut as his blade was pushed away, then another aiming for shoulder to hip, yet it was parried away. The two went back and forth moving across the open floor in a circle of battle looking almost like a dance as light danced off the metal blades.

Soon the two stepped away both steadying their breath as sweat ran down their faces and both had a small smile on their face "much better, can you feel the difference in you movements?" Archeron offered much more friendly after the dual.

Red nodded "You could say that, I see where you are coming from" he wiped away so of the sweat from his forehead and stretched his back. That was a tough fight, and he wondered how much the other man was holding back. It was clear by the control and speed that the trainer had that he was a much better swordsmen then Red, and the Endal wondered what he was like at full fight not training. Surely it had to be a spectical to watch.

"Come lets get a drink before we start again" Archeron waved as he led the other man through a back door out onto a porch of sorts where a pitcher of water sat waiting as he poured to glasses and handed one to Red. "tell me news of the Reach? how is it fairing?" he seemed to be much friendlier after having sized up the Endal in battle.

Red looked out over the unforgiving thinking through his answer "ah you know us red heads we are always up to our passions, food could be better I guess, but when isn't that the case". The Endal took a sip of his water "There have been some tensions with the storm, but I'm sure that will pass".

The man grunted at the word of tensions "Is that what brought you to my little piece of the world" the man took a drink of his own water and tapped Red's side "you seem to be favoring a wound of sorts there, I would guess you were in a fight" Archeron had a keen eye it seemed. It had only been a few day since the whole fight with Narth, and that had been part of the reason he had decided he needed to spend some time getting better... or at least one of the reasons. Luck had played a part in that fight, and to much of it for Red's taste.

"I guess you could say that was part of the reason" more water entered the man "I guess I have been meaning to put more time into this art, plus I have wanted to try my hand at using two swords at once" Archeron seemed amused and nodded before answering "I like that idea" the two finished their drinks before returning to the sparing room.

Red Daghul
Endal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets