Greetings from the Emerald City

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Nadjia on June 2nd, 2019, 11:33 pm

Hi, my name is Melinda (or Mel) and I've decided to finally dip my toes into collaborative writing style RPG. I've been aware of this site for years as I'm acquainted with Gossamer, but I hadn't read into the Lore as deeply before now.

I've been a long-time table top RPG'er, some video games (puzzle, story-driven, music/rhythm, and strategy styles), former LARPer (Cam/White Wolf) and interested/dabbler into a variety of crafts. Fountain pens are another hobby I enjoy. Creative writing is an area I'd like to further develop, though I have low-level anxiety about the particulars.

I reside in Seattle w/ my fiance and a Russian Blue cat named Zelda. My profession is technical program management, currently with an information security focus.
Nadjia
Player

Words: 8245
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2016, 5:57 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Gossamer on June 2nd, 2019, 11:41 pm

I was shocked to read this. Then I was thrilled. Then I was super nervous. Then I was incredibly happy.

Way back when I was a little girl in gradeschool I had this incredible friend. She didn't have it easy in life, but she was the type of person that everyone liked. Despite crazy stuff in life, she had a smile and a kind word for everyone. And she never judged folks. She liked school and she loved writing. I was lucky enough to have classes with her and one day - its been so long ago I forget how it all started - we passed notes back and forth. What were in them? In our minds we invented this detective agency where we solved mysteries in and about our town, our classrooms, between our friends, etc.

I think it was from Melinda that I learned how to be a good friend. She set a stellar example. There was no clique or group she didn't have friends with and no one was too weird or too rich/poor/different to talk too.

Later in life I left for college and ran off to be a biologist. She ran off to the big city to find herself and ended up with an amazing job with an amazing company that she thrives with. I mention her in my scrap occasionally with fondness.

Treat her well. She's a hell of a storyteller and has been roleplaying before most of you were born.

Welcome Mel.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Torien Encinosa on June 3rd, 2019, 5:15 am

Welcome to the group. I'm new to it myself, but I've been writing for a long time in other places. Feel free to ask us questions if you have any about the Lore. We also seem to have a lot of fun coming up with plots together.
Torien Encinosa
Player

Words: 27317
Joined roleplay: May 22nd, 2019, 6:59 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Zach Grasswind on June 3rd, 2019, 1:40 pm

Hi Mel, welcome to Mizahar, more specifically Lhavit (great choice :D )
Everyone here is super nice, no need to be anxious at all.
Hope to see you in the discord sometime, and looking forward to writing with you in Lhavit! (feel free to shoot me a message if you'd like to thread)
Zach Grasswind
What’s a tree?

Words: 193110
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2018, 12:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Nadjia on June 3rd, 2019, 3:25 pm

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to the experience.

I was added to the Discord channel yesterday, and changed my nickname to match my character (Nadjia).

--Mel
Nadjia
Player

Words: 8245
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2016, 5:57 am
Race: Human
Character sheet