Jehu's Hide Scraps

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Jehu's Hide Scraps

Postby Jehu on June 5th, 2019, 5:51 pm

Early Summer, 519 AV, Riverfall

I have learned to write the way the traders talk. Everyone else writes in their own tongue, but Chaktawe have no writing, we use stories. I thought keeping notes would help me practice. A horse rider from the grass gave me scraps of hide from the shaggy horned beasts on the plains, I helped him find water. They seem good for writing on. I borrowed ink and pen from one of the white haired women. They look like angels or drops of the sun. She is helping me with words.

I feel bad that I do not miss the desert. I miss my people, my family. But until Eywaat or Makutsi show me a guardian, the tribe will all look at me like I am hollow.

The jungles across the water, I have seen them twice. They fascinate me. They are like the desert. Some say they could not be more different, but they only see with their eyes. Both Jungle and desert give you what you need, if you are willing to work for it. Both will feed you if you hunt well and both will kill the fool.

The sea makes my head swim. So much water, useless to drink. I found the sand of the beach gets hot like the sand of the desert. the traders race me in the sand, but they don't see how my feet don't sink like theirs, and I beat them easily. They say the webs of my toes will help me swim. Some day I will learn.

I am going to live in the jungle. A sea ship is going to Syka, I am going on it to make a home there. I am tired of living behind walls. The man from the boat asked me a lot of questions. "Everyone has to pull their weight," he said, "there is no place for lazy dogs." I told him, in the desert, lazy dogs became dinner. He laughed and said I'd be fine.

I am ready to leave the town of the big blue men and get out to where people don't rule, but the gods. They know better than men, don't they?

Jehu
Player

Words: 85295
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2019, 9:53 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Jehu's Hide Scraps

Postby Jehu on September 5th, 2019, 7:43 pm

End of Summer 519, Syka

Why did the desert man go to the jungle? To get his arse eaten alive by mosquitoes! It's not that bad, just have to remember to put on the stuff that keeps insects away. Uta makes some that smells good. She is my neighbor. I have neighbors!

I don't know how to describe Syka, except that it is opposite of the Burning Lands in almost every way. Aside from both being hot. Even the hot is different here though, its like wet. But the moist hot air carries the good smells across the whole settlement, so its not so bad. Burning Land heat is dry, but Syka heat is heavy.

People here get relief by taking off their clothes. I am not used to that. But you could see how fit life here made everyone when they are naked, so I don't mind, if you know what I mean. Grandmother would approve. She said the gods made people without clothes and it was beautiful. But Grandmother also ran through the camp naked. No one thought it was beautiful. Time has not been kind to her mind or her body. Anyway, maybe this season I will walk naked on the beach.

I had a strange fever this season, we all did. No one knew it, we all just started acting weird. I had a cough. My sickness made me all crazy over a girl. She is pretty, almost like a Chaktawe, and she uses magic. The fever made me so curious about her, made everything about her so amazing. Funny thing is, when Jansen said my fever was gone, and the cough went away, I still thought a lot about her. Grandmother would say I had the itchy loins for her. She said that anytime I looked at a girl. Mother would just call her crazy old woman and give her a pot of tangled string to untangle. Grandmother might have been right with this one. Anyway, at least Kam is now my friend.

I learned a lot about the jungle, which is good. Indigo, Buraga, Artik, Sophia, lots of people helped me. I have to go in the jungle to hunt, and if I die there, it is hard to bring back food for anyone. I got a good scar on my leg too. Buraga and I killed a whiptail. It nearly killed me!

The craziest thing was the ruins that appeared when the ocean went away for a while. I followed Kamilla into them, found her sinking in a hole filled with water. Glad I found her. We didn't know it was a special place for some sea people. Mathias said they were Charoda, but that they were mean ones. They were mean, got scars from them too. But we found some interesting things. I got a magic stick that glows. Kam said don't use it too much, or it will run out of power.

I have no word from the gods, or a guardian. Maybe its time to talk to different gods.

Jehu
Player

Words: 85295
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2019, 9:53 am
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets