First Day

Job Thread

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

First Day

Postby Saga on July 15th, 2019, 9:29 pm

10th Day of Summer 519 A.V

Today was the first day. Saga awoke from bed in the Solar Wind apartment. When he arrived to the city, he had applied to an open position as a clerk in a library. He would have to spend the season as a clerk to earn a better name in the city. He wasn't exactly excited about it. But Vurik, the other soul in his mind was ecstatic.

There are many reasons why being surrounded by books is invaluable. There are not many left since the Valterrian. There could be knowledge of great use to us if we pay attention.

Perhaps, but I don't believe it. After all these centuries, you still think that such books can exist?

Acquiring knowledge is never easy. Especially these days. We have many years to learn that.

Saga shook his head. Disagreeing. If he were to learn anything of worth at this job he'll give it to the Vurik that he was correct. He stepped out of bed and proceeded to get dressed. His first job as a Reimancer was dangerous but it paid well. He was living quite well in Riverfall, but he took his talents to Syliras to become a Knight. It seemed that goal was stopped short as well.

Now he needed to make ends meet for the moment. He put his simple clothing on. No need to strap his Katana as he was safe in these parts. And for once, it would not be needed for his job. He had experienced many dangers as a Knight. Something he always felt pride and honor for.

Before he left, the Akontak stood in front of his door. Everyday before he started the day, He made prayers to the Goddess Priskil and the four Gods worshipped by the Syliran Knights. Yahal, Tyveth, Eyris, and the newest God to ascend Sylir. Secret to everyone except other members of the Order of Radiance. He was one of the Torches. They tackled dangers that others could not, he was more prepped to defeat dark evil beings that roamed Mizahar.

"My Goddess Priskil. I pray to you, to see how you are doing. I am in the city of Lhavit where I aim to increase my own strength. So that one day I can aid you in returning your lover to his former glory. Watch over me and those of the Order of Radiance."

He ended the prayer. But still he still stood there. Head still hung low he began another prayer. "I pray upon the great name of Tyveth. The most high, and honorable of Gods. As a Knight away from home, I will continue to honor and spread your name. For the pride of the Knights and your word. To Yahal, my faith is strong and unwavering. To Sylir, it is good to be able to praise your name, your ascension means the fight against evil has just begun. "

Saga finished his prayers. There were many gods he had heard of since his of becoming a Knight. But none were more important than Priskil. He was one of her Marked. With his prayers finished, he stepped outside and started to head to his new workplace.
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

First Day

Postby Saga on July 16th, 2019, 5:34 pm

It didn't take long for the Akontak to make his way to the Good Book. Thankfully his apartment was in the Zintia Peak along with the Good Book. He trudged along. The Sun was out and about today, beaming down on the wondrous view from the peaks. It probably would have been better for someone to be working inside on such a day. There weren't many people up yet, so the many eyes that followed him usually were absent.

He didn't mind, he knew why he was seemed obviously foreign. He was sure many had seen an Akalak before, but none with his stunning long silver-white hair. In which he had tied into a neat bun for today. Saga hoped his new boss was nice.

The Good Book was located around the corner from the Towers Respite. Walking past the Towers Saga gave it a quick look. He supposed he'd have a way to study here one day. But for now he had other priorities to attend too. It was a little shop compared to others in the area. He tried the door handle, it was open so he let himself in.

Immediately he was able to tell that the shop was very airy. Though it was cramped to every crevice of the building. He walked in very slowly, being sure to make his way carefully through the maze of papers and other books. There was a man who heard him coming and quickly came out to greet him. Moving through the mess he came from behind a large stack of papers and notebooks.

"Greetings my fair fellow. You must be the new clerk Saga. I am Keper Masute. I will show you around the place and get to know you. Here follow me." He pointed to the back of the shop.

"Good morning Keper. Yes I am Saga Otor, thank you for accepting me into the position."

"You're welcome. As you can see the help would be most appreciated in taming this madness." He said gesturing to the large volume of paper and notebooks everywhere.

"If you don't mind me asking, where do you hail from?" Keper asked in a curious tone.

Saga expected that question as it was the first question he usually got after meeting new people. "I am from the great land of Riverfall. I am an Akontak looking to be a new student here in Lhavit."

"An Akontak you say. First I've seen, but its a pleasure to have you here in Lhavit. Let me show you around." He showed him the back of the shop where there was a even a larger stockpile of papers, piles of ink, paper and charcoal. He explained that he would be sorting these large stockpiles throughout his time here as they were mixed up at the moment.

He would also be selling to customers whom came in and were looking to buy. If there was a specific order, he would have to come give it to Keper. "There will be some a whom may want a special request. I can handle those personally. Otherwise that's the gist of the job. Its not glamorous but it is appreciated work. Our customers are grateful to be able to write and record whatever fancies their mind. In a world like this, whatever we write down. We hope shall pass on even through the next Valterrian."
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

First Day

Postby Saga on July 25th, 2019, 5:17 pm

The Akontak was nodded as he agreed with his new employer. Pretty much what Vurik had said to him earlier, which he could feel a certain smugness. "I agree. Perhaps my adventures shall spur me to do the same."

"If you work here long enough. You'll inevitably write your own book." He said with a smile. "So that's it. Not much but its honest work. Do you have any questions?"

Saga shook his head, understanding pretty much all he needed to know at the moment. "Well I'll let you get to it then." He scuttled off into the abyss of papers, his own little office just in the opposite corner of the stockpiles. He began looking at the giant mass of papers created by Keper and the stacks of them. They were empty papers of course so they were easy enough to sort by that.

However the sheer mass meant that he would need to spend a little more time than usual to do so. So for the next hour or so he was grabbing boxes and trying to sort them out. He found this work extremely boring, his knowledge was not expanding how he had hoped. As he worked through the craziness of the crowded shop.

He heard someone enter the shop. His hearing was pretty good so he was able to put the boxes down quickly and head to the front. A human male walked in with a nervous expression. The man was dressed in velvet outfit, so from the looks he seemed quite wealthy. Perhaps all walks of life entered this area, Saga thought to himself.
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets