Solo First Day in the Stables

Turrin is introduced to the stable crew by the stable master

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

First Day in the Stables

Postby Turrin on August 16th, 2019, 5:51 am

Time Stamp, 33rd of Summer 519AV

Through the door, Turrin could hear the hustle and bustle of everyone trying to get the work before the sun rose. He could hear the sound of birds, who live in the halls and caves, singing their morning song as it echo through the halls of Wind Reach. The chiet definitely missed these days when his sister and him visited their mother in the apartments. The morning in the halls of Wind Reach are always busy with foot traffic as people got up went to work, so as soon as Turrin stepped out of the door, he was already in a crowd of people leaving the Darvina Commonrooms. When he was a endal, he would normally be carrying his talon sword whenever he left the aeries, but nowadays it seemed silly to carry around weapon to clean horse shyte off the floor of the stables. He knew that it would be one of his duties as a stable hand because he had no other experience with horses other than with the drykas. They were the most welcoming people when he lived with them. He remembered from his years of living in the city, the Skyhigh stables was right by the gates of the city, so he made his way down to the entrance of the city.

When Turrin made it to the entrance of the stables, he was hit by the smell of animals packed in a confined space, so it was a strong smell if a person wasn't familiar with the smell. Surprisingly the odor of horse droppings was absent from the from the scent. Turrin figured the stablemaster kept his workplace orderly and clean. Otherwise, he might have regretted decision to work with the horses. Walking down the hallway, he saw a middle age man with strawberry blond hair standing in the middle of the entrance with his arms crossed with a look of annoyance on his face. Turrin stopped in from of him, bowed his head in respect, and said “Avora Hansi my name is Turrin. The valintar sent...”

Hansi stuck up his hand and interrupted common, “You don't have to repeat what the Valintar already told me, chiet. I know you used to be a endal, and you got to choose your own hours. However, in the stables, I want you here a hour before dawn because the horses and ponies have a strict time when they are fed.”

Hansi seemed to pause to wait for a response from him, so Turrin nodded and apologized, “Sorry, Avora Hansi, I assumed start time was at dawn like everyone else. I should have met with you earlier to figure out my start time.”

The stablemaster said with nod, “It is your first day, so I will let it slide today, but in the future, a hour before dawn. Secondly, I heard you had trouble speaking Nari, so whenever, you are here. I want you speak the language of the city.”

When Turrin arrived in the city when he was teenager. He always had issues speaking the language of his mother. He had no problem understanding it, but he had issues making the right whistling sounds and chirps. With the Twisted Vine Clan, he mother had to teach them hear language away from the myrian clan because their grandmother hated his inarta mother, and she did everything that she could to make her mother feel unwelcome even forbid her to speak or teach her children her language. Mostly his mother talked to them in her language, and they had to listen. It was something that he always was self-conscious about since he was a boy because his sister was fluent when she came to the city, but he struggled to make coherent sentences. When he was endal, he made the lower caste speak to him in common, so it was easier to communicate, but now he didn't make the rules anymore. Nobody ever brought it up when he was endal, other than that infuriating Avora Azira! However, he was now a chiet, so he had no power to argue the Avora command, so he said nari, “Whatever wish err.. Stablemaster.”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

First Day in the Stables

Postby Turrin on August 16th, 2019, 6:00 am

Originally Turrin thought that he was just being a jerk for forcing him out of his comfort zone, but the stable master was actually trying to help him with one of his weaknesses. It was surprising especially coming from the Avora caste. They tended to be just as arrogant and power hungry as the endal caste. However this simple act of kindness was enough to make him immediately respect the middle aged man standing in front of him. As he was about to say something, five people walked over to them. Well only four people because one of the slender woman was riding piggy-back on one of the larger of the five. Turrin could immediately tell that three of them were deks because they were were wearing a dirty lontev. The rest were wearing either a bryda if they were male, and the other woman wore a simple bryda and vanti, so he assumed they were all chiet unless they are skilled, so maybe another avora.

Hansi smiled at all of his crew and said to them, “I want you all to meet Chiet Turrin. He will be joining us for sometime, and I want you all to make him feel welcomed.”

Looking at the woman who was wearing standard inarta women attire, hansi nodded to the woman. The woman walked over to to Turrin and said with a sweet smile, “Welcome Turrin, I am Avora Kami. I am the riding instructor and healer for the animals in the stables. If you have any questions, about the horses and their health just ask. Since you will be working with the animals, I will teach you the basics on how to ride because we will need to exercise them in the colder seasons. It nice to meet you Turrin.”

Turrin responded in nari, “Thank yo Kami.”

Kami stepped back and said to Hansi, “Hansi, I think one of the ponies twisted his ankle, so I going to check on her, so I will talk about it later with you.”

The stable master nodded to her and said with a smile, “No problem Kami. I will talk to you after introductions.”

Turrin looked at the two young men, and he saw that they seemed almost identical in the facial features accept one had long flowing ginger hair. The other man had short curly ginger hair with feather woven into it. He was about to say something, but the man with the flowing long hair walked up and said with smirk, “Well, you definitely don't look like the kind of man to shovel shyte all day, but I guess it can't be helped being a runaway endal. Anyways, I am chiet Toffin and my brother and I do all the grooming and the cleaning of the horses and ponies. Oh my brother name is A..”

The other man rolls his eyes and interrupt the other man, “I can introduce myself, brother. My name is Avik, and it a pleasure to meet you, Turrin. Don't mind my brother he is a arse. If you need to ask any questions about grooming or cleaning, come to me for a straight answers.”

Toffin gives the other man a hurt look and said, “What? Straight answers! I am insulted!”

Hansi shakes his head and quickly interjected himself between the two siblings, “Those ponies that just got back from the Underground forest need a good scrubbing. One of them is covered from head to hoof in yellow spores. Please get them all washed and brushed by the twelve bell.”

They both stopped their inpending argument, nodded to the stable master, and walked back to their duties. Hansi pointed to the three deks and said with a nod, “For your first day and probably for the rest of the season and into the next season, you will be helping the Vart, Warv, and Turka with their duties. I asked Kami to see to your riding lessons because I want you to be exercising the horses come winter.”
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)