PM to join Food for Thought

Inka and Tythos meet.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Food for Thought

Postby Inkara on August 28th, 2019, 4:24 pm

F O O D • F O R • T H O U G H T

22 Summer 519
Inka stepped forward in line, red hair pulled back by white ribbon and a book to hide her face. Her stomach growled loudly, but she only lifted the text higher, absorbed in the poor quality images as if they were works of art. To her, they were; faint little etchings of domesticated dogs and the subtleties of their body language from a book that had nearly been forgotten by the library. Dog Behavior: Understanding Our Canine Companions.

"Next!"

Inka turned the page.

"Neeext!"

The chiet behind her tapped her sharply on the shoulder and she jolted, followed by a flush of cherry embarrassment, realizing she stood next in line and more than one hungry laborer waited in annoyance. Even a few seconds of delay was enough to spark irritation. Someone shouted for her to pay attention, "Sorry! I'm sorry!" Pulling the stone bowl from beneath her arm, she held it out and smiled at the Inarta who proceeded to hand out servings of thick stew. A few potatoes and a cube of meat later, she tried not to look disappointed at the small helping, but knew it was her fault for breaking her fast so late.

Taking a shift at the kitchens, at least she would be early for lunch. Inka took a spot at one of the tables, eating quickly and drinking broth as hot air blew from the kitchens are warmed her back. The potatoes fell apart in her mouth and the meat was tough, but the flavor was rich and filling - a good, heavy meal to settle a crying stomach. Finishing it up and enjoying her book while she could, Inka rose to hand over her soiled dishes to a dek with cracked hands and grabbed an apron from a hook on the wall.

Having done a bit of work in the kitchens before, Inka recognized a number of familiar faces buzzing around and slipped into the assembly line after washing her hands and checking in with Chef Davoid, who gave her barely more than a nod as she voiced orders in Nari. Jumping into an assembly line chopping freshly scrubbed veggies from the outer planes, Inka was slower than the others, but made an effort to get the cuts even. After all, she wanted them to cook evenly.

"Look who it is! Your hair is long now," a woman with a mane nearly as red as blood and chopped short slid next to her, a large pot steaming between hair arms, "I've missed you."

"Atre," Inka beamed in surprise and leaned into the girl to give her a peck on the cheek while her knife stopped against the cutting board with a thud, "We will talk soon."

"Of course, of course." There wasn't always time for chit chat when meals were in full swing, but the medic hoped things would wind down soon. She continued the prep work for lunch, but knew she would need to jump into something a bit more in her class. Someone called for free Chiet to pair up, and she had hoped for Atre. It would be nice to catch up with her old friend and had she not caught sight of something unfamiliar - no, someone - Inka might have stayed smiling. Instead, a nervous uneasiness pooled in her core and she crossed her arms defensively.

He was short and wide, reminding her of the mountain boulders with a thick stature and dark hair. His arms made him even stockier, one of which was a rich, earthy green that reminded her of spring moss. Among the group of Inarta, he could hardly stand out more, and when she shuffled forward, it became clear who she would likely end up with.

"I am Inka," she offered stiffly, still clutching her arms to her chest. Isur, as few as she had seen in her life, always seemed the opposite of the Inarta, so heavy and grounded. In contrast, her own people favored breezy birds and very literally kept their heads in the clouds. Her hazel eyes flickered to the others, who had found their pairings. She doubted he was a native, and fumbled with the right words in Common, "I join you?"
Inkara
Animal Enthusiast

Words: 7567
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Food for Thought

Postby Tythos Everstorm on September 1st, 2019, 4:23 am

Summer 22nd, 519 A.V.

Quick Placeholder
Tythos Everstorm
Weather the storm.

Words: 32577
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2011, 8:49 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Food for Thought

Postby Inkara on January 22nd, 2020, 2:07 pm

F O O D • F O R • T H O U G H T

22 Summer 519

ooc :
Given the fact that 1) Tythos is no longer an active character and 2) significant time has passed between the date the placeholder was put into affect and now (January 2020), I will be modifying this thread so that it can be completed as a solo project.

"Inka!" Atre came swooping from her right, catching the girl's elbow in her gentle grip and smiled with a set of knives in her hand, "Chef Davoid said I could pick my partner, here." Looking down, Inka took the small knife while her friend began tugging her away from the Isur with a look of open distaste. And if Inka was truthful... all she felt was a wave of relief.

"Thank you," she breathed, "I was so nervous."

"You should have been. Did you see his arm?" Atre glanced back and shuddered with almost comical force, "Let's just say I'm happy to live here."

Inkara
Animal Enthusiast

Words: 7567
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2019, 1:06 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets