Dual Wielding

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Dual Wielding

Postby Nadala on January 8th, 2011, 11:24 pm

Ok so I read that you have to first get 30 point in the weapons that you wish to dual wield. If you want to wield the same weapon on both hands I understand this means first getting 30 in said weapon. If you want to wield a different weapon in each does that mean having 30 in each?

What about weapons that are generally learned as a duo (i.e. sai, tonfa, twin blades, metal claws etc) must you first get 30 before you can wield one in each hand?

And once you do have 30 in everything you need and already have dual wield as a skill, once you begin to use this skill for more points do you get points in dual wielding or in the weapons you use?
Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Words: 27084
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Dual Wielding

Postby Conrad on January 8th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Nadala wrote:Ok so I read that you have to first get 30 point in the weapons that you wish to dual wield. If you want to wield the same weapon on both hands I understand this means first getting 30 in said weapon. If you want to wield a different weapon in each does that mean having 30 in each?[/action]

Simple answer yes you do have to have 30 in both weapons before you are able to dual wield them

[quote=nadala]What about weapons that are generally learned as a duo (i.e. sai, tonfa, twin blades, metal claws etc) must you first get 30 before you can wield one in each hand

Also yes, you need 30 in the weapon before you can begin to learn to fight with two weapons.

[qoute=nadala]And once you do have 30 in everything you need and already have dual wield as a skill, once you begin to use this skill for more points do you get points in dual wielding or in the weapons you use?[/quote]

You can't have the skill without having everything you need. But if you have both dual wielding and the weapon skills, you will get points for both if you use it. At least that was what I understood. You should ask this to an AS or higher once.
Conrad
Player

Words: 93619
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 7:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Dual Wielding

Postby Ataraxia on January 8th, 2011, 11:50 pm

As far as dual wielding goes, you do in fact need to have 30 points in a weapon skill in order to wield two at once. Tonfas, Katar, etc etc are not excluded from this rule, despite being traditionally wielded in pairs.

If you were say, wield a Kukri Knife and a Hand Axe at the same time, you would need 30 in Kukri and 30 in hand axe to do so. However, once you do so you have the potential for gaining XP in both weapon skills, as well as earning dual wielding skill XP.

From what i've seen, when you dual wield you typically receive a small amount of weapon XP than you would if you were wielding a single weapon, as you're also gaining dual wielding XP. Also keep in mind that when dual wielding, your dual wield skill kind of blends in with your weapon skills to determine how effective you are in combat.
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)

Dual Wielding

Postby Rage on January 9th, 2011, 12:34 am

As so, if I remember correctly, Dual Wielding works similar to the Weapon Skill. Let's use Ataraxia's example: If you have Kukri and Hand Axe both at 30 and Dual Wield them, you are awarded Dual Wield for each. I could be wrong however. Can founder confirm this please?

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Dual Wielding

Postby Nadala on January 9th, 2011, 12:57 am

Thank you everyone :) quite helpful indeed
Nadala
of The Golden Claws

Words: 27084