Closed A Fortuitous Moonrise (Dev'Ania)

getting one's fortune told on the day of the Moon Festival

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

A Fortuitous Moonrise (Dev'Ania)

Postby Ennisa on October 24th, 2019, 4:35 pm

22nd Autumn 519 AV
"speech"
"others"

Time : just after the noon rest

It was the day of the Moon Festival. The festivities hadn't truly started yet, as the moon had yet to even rise, but Ennisa was fast absorbing the festival spirit. She was humming a boppy tune to herself, horrendously out of tune of course, as she walked with her usual brisk pace through the city. It was one of her days off, which was fabulous, although she didn't have much to do. Itzi was absent from the flat again, but Ennisa was in no mood to mope around friendless. Instead, she wandered around Lhavit, hoping for inspiration. She was on Shinyama Peak, enjoying the fresh air and the preparations of the store-keepers and city-people for the celebrations later.

However, without anything in particular to do, Ennisa needed to occupy her time, and fast. She found a small seat near the bridge and seated herself on its rickety wooden frame. She had taken to carrying a notebook around everywhere with her, so it was this that she withdrew from her rucksack and balanced on her knee. Walking always seemed to fill her head with inspiration, so she began jotting down her thoughts in her quaking penmanship. The pen was not really at the correct angle to make the right kind of stroke, so her writing was filled with blotches where it had snagged on the fibres of the paper, but the notebook was scrappy and messy enough anyway that it didn't matter.

Mostly she wrote about the people she had seen. Ennisa liked to imagine what kind of lives strangers led. Mainly this was because she could then pretend to be that person, pretend to have their job, their family, their life. This was not just for fun - she was a budding con-woman after all, and what better way to learn to do this than pretending to be someone she was not?

Yet, despite her many ideas and thoughts, she had yet to pull off a successful con. This was partly down to inexperience, and partly down to lack of practice. A small part was also down to a small measure of subconscious reluctance. As a young woman only just emerging into the world, Ennisa wasn't exactly a saint, but nor was she anywhere close to criminal mastermind either. She resided firmly within the grey category. Fooling people was fun. It wasn't about kina, although that was always a useful side effect, but it was all about trickery.

Ennisa loved tricks. Disguise. Make believe. Even magic, if she thought deeply about it. She scrawled this down in her notebook, her thoughts turning to self-reflection. She wrote, 'I'm grey. Somewhere in between. What is the perfect con? ~where I can fool someone completely. ~where I can get away with it'. Then she set her pen down, having finally drained her mind of all introspection.

She let the page dry, and the placed the book back in her bag. She sat on the chair for a little while, watching the comings and goings of various different people. When an elderly woman sat nearby, Ennisa glanced over and shared a friendly smile with her. Because she was bored, she stood up and walked over to the woman, and bent to ask her a question.

"Hello, I'm... new to Lhavit," she lied.
"Hello," the woman replied. Her voice was soft like baking sugar, but her face and wiry muscles were hard as nails. This was a tough lil' old lady. "How can ae help?"
"I'm looking for a bit of... inspiration." She kept pausing as she spoke whilst she searched for what to say next. Thankfully, it only made her look indecisive and unsure of herself, just like a newcomer should be. She assumed. "I'm looking for a bit of guidance actually. Now I'm here, I feel a bit lost. Is there anywhere I can go for help?"

The woman considered for a moment, and smoothed a hand over her wrinkled cheek. She creaked a huge yawn, which Ennisa passively waited to end, and then replied. She listed a few different places, mostly administrative city locations like her own workplace, the Cosmos Centre, but then one place was mentioned that Ennisa hadn't heard of. "Wait! What was that last one?"

"The Nine Lives? Aah, that's right here! Don't know what she's like. But that's it, there. I believe it's a place to have your fortune told." Ennisa turned her gaze to where the woman was pointing, and sure enough, a building stood. A fortune teller. Ennisa mused to herself. "Thanks, lady. You've got good advice."

Yes. That'll be good. Before she could change her mind, Ennisa waved goodbye to the old lady, and strode up to the building. When she reached it, she jogged up the short flight of stairs, knocked a few times on the door, and walked straight in. "Hello!" She burst out, and stood waiting to see what would happen next.

oocSorry it's all a bunch of Ennisa stuff. I hope you have enough to work with :) let me know if not and I can edit :)
credit : Ines
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Dev'Ania on October 30th, 2019, 2:17 am

For the past couple of days, Dev spent time fixing up her small shop. Bit by bit the Konti added and rearranged furniture and decorations in the small shop. It was slowly, but surely, beginning to come together. For now, she was done with adding new things. She didn’t want to add too many things and make the small space feel cramped and crowded. Now, there was just enough to make the environment of the shop feeling cozy and homey. It now looked like the start of a proper, little fortune teller shop. If only Cala would stop by to see Dev’s success.

In addition to the furnishing, Dev had been thinking more about her mentor. She missed visiting her ragged shack and learning from the mysterious Dhani. She surprising missed the heavy smell of smoke and crampedness of the tiny room. Would someone feel the same about her shop one day? Would she be like the Crone when she got older? Dev’Ania had high dreams and hoped for her career. She wanted to work in the city for as long as she could and become the cities trusted fortune teller that parents would tell stories about to their children. She wanted her own children to build memories in this shop and perhaps carry on its legacy.

The Konti stood behind the shop’s counter hovering over her opened journal. Leaning over it, she twirled the quill in her hand, trying to think of anything else she needed to write. She had begun to formulate a list of everything she needed to do for the shop and her personal life. ‘Buy more bags of tea.’ ‘Learn to grow tea?’ ‘Plant a garden??’ Take Ember to the Trail of Waterfalls and explore.’ She couldn’t think of anything else. Perhaps because of how bored she was.

Not many people visited the small shop early in the morning, leaving it empty apart from Dev and Ember. It was just after the noon rest and people were starting to trickle back onto the streets of the city. Through the small window of the shop, she could see a couple of heads occasionally passing by.

Sleepiness began to overcome the young woman as she stared off into space. Her head tilted back and her eyes fluttered as she tried to fight off the tiredness. As much as she wanted to go back to sleep after a restless night, Dev knew she needed to stay awake. Dev’Ania stood and stretched her arms into the air, letting out a long yawn.

Giving in to the exhaustion, she finally laid her head down on the counter to rest. Just as her body had relaxed and began drifting into a nap, a couple of knocks sounded on the front door followed by a woman bursting through the wooden door. “Hello!”

Dev’Ania jolted up from the counter, shocked by the disturbance of her nap. A customer had arrived, so her nap was going to have to wait. Unfortunately. She quickly fixed her hair that had been frizzy from rubbing against the cloth covering the counter. A smile spread across her face as she came from behind the counter to greet her guest. “Hello, there! What brings you to the Nine Lives this lovely day?” The excitement was heard in the Konti’s voice as she spoke to the woman before her. Ember appeared from under the round table and pranced over to the woman. “Oh, don’t mind the kitten. She is very friendly!”
WC: 583
Last edited by Dev'Ania on November 16th, 2019, 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Words: 137250
Joined roleplay: November 21st, 2018, 11:41 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ennisa on October 30th, 2019, 9:27 pm

"speech"
"others"

It took a moment to acclimatise to the low light levels in the room she had arrived in. Though it was not dark, it was unavoidably dimmer than the sun outside. It was for the reason that she didn't quite catch the woman's jolt from the counter, but she did see her smoothing her hair down. Her extremely long, flowing hair. Ennisa felt a momentary pang of hair envy.

Nevertheless, she grinned broadly at the warm welcome, and nodded a couple of times as she replied, "Oh, not much, I was just... passing by. Thought I would see what's going on. I always end up getting absorbed in the festival spirit," she admitted. "It's not even the true start of the festival yet!" She paused and crouched down as, delighted, she spotted the cat scampering towards her. She began to softly reach her hand towards the kitten. "What's his.. or her name?", she enquired. Going as carefully as she could, she proffered her fingers to the cat, and if it let her, she would stroke its head, a daft smile plastered to her features at the cute little creature.

"What is this place all about, though? I've never had my fortune read. How does it work? I've got plenty of time, if you have?" She gave the kitten one last ruffle, and stood to greet the woman properly. Her greeting involved giving her a good look over, though she did at least attempt to be as discreet as she could when doing this. Her eyes flickered over the only-slightly-dishevelled hair, then alighted firmly on the shimmering scales that adorned the woman's skin. She gawped for a fraction of a tick, then remembered herself and promptly zipped her lips shut.

Instead, she looked over the room. Questions about the business-woman's origins and story, as she clearly wasn't a human, would have to wait. Ennisa was curious about the whole fortune telling thing, and so she wandered over to the table and cautiously touched the red fabric that lay over the table. The texture was soft, difficult to describe, but pleasant to the fingertips.

There was a glass ball in the centre of the table, and this too fascinated Ennisa greatly. She looked at it a moment, and noticed that the light passed through it but came out fractured, not dissimilar to some aspects of skyglass. Was this skyglass too?, she wondered, but was distracted when the business-woman replied to her. She turned to listen as the woman spoke to her.

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Dev'Ania on November 6th, 2019, 5:30 am

Dev’Ania’s eyes followed the woman as she kneeled down to pet the kitten sniffing at her. “Ember. Her name is Ember.” She came from behind the counter, her hands clasped in front of her, and conversed more with the stranger. “Ah, yes. The Moon Festival. Have you ever been? I haven’t gone myself, but I imagine it is as festive and beautiful as all the other festivals in Lhavit.” She gave a little giggle at the end of her sentence.

The Konti took a seat in the wooden chair at the small, round table. “Why don’t you sit down and get comfortable and I can tell you more about what I do.” Dev gestured for the woman to sit across from her and would continue talking when she did.

“Well, my name is Dev’Ania. I am a fortune-teller which means that I can tell you information about your past, present, and future. I know that can seem difficult to believe or understand, but I can show you, and you can judge for yourself whether it is real or not.” She could see the fascination in the woman’s eyes. Dev could still not understand how some people had never been to a fortune-teller to have their fortune read. Going to a fortune teller was a great way to learn more about yourself and gain a deeper understanding of who you were. There was always something new to learn about yourself, especially for Dev. Every day she discovered more about the person she was and the person she wanted to be. Sometimes, it scared her to know who she truly was. Was she really a good person, or was that just a masquerade she put on to shield her true personality from the world?

She noticed the woman observing the glass ball in the center of the table. “This is my crystal ball. It gives me a way to visualize your fortune in the object.” Dev waved her hands dramatically over the glass ball. Her head leaned back, facing the ceiling, as she breathed in quick and deeply. She let out the breath slowly as she faced back to the woman. Dev’Ania knew how boring some reading could be for those who were not genuinely interested in the art, so for first-timers, she always added a little extra alluring.

“The ball has revealed to me something about you, miss. Now, know that all the information I give you is never set in stone. Each being is in control of their own fates. And not everything revealed is always accurate so please forgive me.” She gave a warm smile to the woman. “Okay. What I am getting from the Ball is that you are not from this city. This is just an initial answer to ensure that the readings are connected to you and not another person.”

Dev’Ania reached for the deck of cards stacked on the table and began to shuffle them as she spoke. “I offer other types of readings, too. I can use different card spreads, runestones, tea, and for a little extra price, I can also use my divination gnosis. It only allows me to travel deep into your chavi to view your past. Is there anything that sounds interesting to you? Or, is there anything that you want to know specifically?”
WC: 553
Last edited by Dev'Ania on November 16th, 2019, 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ennisa on November 7th, 2019, 5:35 pm

"speech"
"others"

"Oh, yes, absolutely!", she exclaimed in response to the fortune-teller's polite question about the Moon Festival. Of course I've been before, she thought with a slight chuckle that escaped out loud. "It is a lovely time to see the city. Though, of course, the season is usually more... seasonal. I always used to associate the Moon Festival with the oncoming autumn. That seems to have changed these past few years." Her smile faltered a little, but soon recovered. Now was not the time to dwell on the strange goings-on across Mizahar's seasons. When Dev'Ania gestured to the seat, she gratefully pulled up the chair and sat down comfortably.

She settled in and listened to the woman and her introduction. Her eyes flickered over to the glass ball as the fortune-teller began to read it. Would she see the visions, too? Was this a magic? She peered, but saw nothing but the solid, glistening glass. Ennisa was disappointed when the woman spoke of her being from a different city. Not unless I'm mistaken. She softly shook her head. "No, Dev'Ania. I've lived in Lhavit all my life, unless my mum lied to me. I doubt she has that in her. That reading must be for someone else."

"Please, don't call me 'miss'. Ennisa will do." She rested her elbows on the table in a proprietary manner, which was probably not exactly appropriate as this was not her table, after all. Ennisa tended to make herself at home; not exactly the most polite of traits. She scratched her eyebrow whilst she considered Dev'Ania's statements about the other readings she could offer.

Ennisa had only come into the shop out of boredom, but despite Dev'Ania's previous mistake, the soft light and the scaled woman's demeanour fascinated her. She found she did want to have a reading, even if it did cost her. There were a few of the things the Konti woman had mentioned that Ennisa didn't understand, and she wanted to learn. The main statement that intrigued her was divination gnosis. This sounded, to Ennisa's ignorant brain, like some kind of magic. Tea she understood, and cards she had at least seen in the tavern. Runestones were a new one to her. She tilted forwards a little, considering.

"How much is the divination gnosis? And how much is a reading using cards?" She opened her mouth to ask a couple of questions about the fortune-telling methods, but then softly closed her lips. Dev'Ania didn't need to know she was a complete dolt. If the charge for the divination gnosis thingy wasn't too much, well... She would understand and learn about that through watching what she did. If she didn't understand it even then, only then she might ask what was happening.

In the meantime, Ennisa sat back in the chair as if she belonged there. Her arms were comfortably resting on her legs, and her legs were spread out under the lip of the table. She levelled a gaze at Dev'Ania, trying to figure the woman out. It was fascinating to watch the way the light shimmered on her scales. It would be rude to stare, she thought as she continued to sneak in side-long glances at her features. I wonder what kind of being she is?

WC : 545

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Dev'Ania on November 11th, 2019, 2:05 am

Dev’Ania thought she had been covering up her tiresome well, but the fault in her reading seemed to say otherwise. Her smile turned into a slight frown - not out of sadness, but out of disappointment. She hated that she let her exhaustion get in the way of her reading. She took a deep breath, imagining a rush of energy enter her body and all the exhaustion leaving her body. For the most part, this seemed to work. For now at least.

“Oh, my apologies, mi- Ennisa. My past client, indeed, was not from this city. I must have...forgotten to cleanse the ball of her reading.” Dev paused between each sentence in search of the lie she would tell to cover up her mistake. Hopefully, the woman would not see right through it. Now that she had made one error, there was no room for any others. From this point, she would have to stay completely focused on the reading.

The Konti’s smile returned as Ennisa asked about her divination gnosis service. If she was being honest with herself, she was getting bored from repeatedly doing card readings. She wanted to do something more exciting and fun. Doing so many card reading every day was taking the joy out of the art.

“My divination service is usually 15 kina, but since I made a mistake, I can lower the price to 10 kina just for you. As for the card reading, it would be three kina. I will say, I can learn a lot more about your past through the use of my gnosis than the cards. The cards will give me very general answers. Though they are both quite interesting and informative and fun. At least, for me they are fun. I would love to explain them further if you would like. Although, I cannot reveal all the secrets to my art.”

The sound of Ember purring could be heard from under the covered table. The black kitten soon emerged from under the table and stood leaning against Dev’s chair wanting to be picked up. “What a spoiled-rotten kitten. Up you go.” Dev’Ania lifted the kitten onto her lap and brushed her hand against its fluffy fur. Now, Ember sat up in Dev’s lap and watched the woman sitting across from them.

As Dev spoke, she noticed the woman observing her. It seemed like she had become quite comfortable. Dev could feel Ennisa’s curious gaze on her skin. It was something she was used to now in a place where her race was not all common. There were very few Konti in Lhavit and she happened to be one of them.

“I can see the wondering in your eyes. Don’t be afraid to ask. You are not the first to want to know. No, I am not a human. I am a Konti. My race has the ability to live underwater, which is why we have scales. I was actually born in Mura where my race resides, but I have also lived in Riverfall. Both very beautiful cities, but I love it here in Lhavit and plan to stay here. I don’t mind answering any other questions you may have for me.”

WC: 533
Last edited by Dev'Ania on November 16th, 2019, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ennisa on November 12th, 2019, 11:54 am

"speech"
"others"

10 kina? Ennisa mentally checked the contents of her purse. That was quite a lot of kina for her, but at the same time she wasn't averse to spending it. The lure of knowledge was strong. Still, she was pretty certain she knew most of what her past held. Childhood had been pretty standard, for her. The only questions in her past were about her father, but what did she care about him? He'd petched off long, long ago.

No, Ennisa was more concerned about her future, and about the things that might happen. She considered. Perhaps the divination gnosis could be used to look at future occurrences too? It was worth showing a little bit of incompetence to figure that out. "Dev'Ania, this divination gnosis you speak of. You mention the past. What of the future? I would have presumed that the future was more important. The past is been and done, after all. We can't change it. Whereas the future, well." She pondered, her attention momentarily distracted by the little black cat's mewling.

"The future is something we can change, no? If we know what might happen, then we can do something to guide it there, or, alternatively, we can attempt to steer the future off from its current route." She stopped talking. She hadn't really thought deeply about fate before. It was interesting to consider, now that she stopped to talk about it. Was her life set in stone, or merely drifted about in whatever way she directed it? Her excitement over the upcoming reading grew stronger. Perhaps Dev'Ania had some of the answers.

Ennisa appeared unbothered when the fortune-teller noticed her eyeballing. Instead, she mulled over the woman's race. Konti. "You can live underwater. That must be fascinating. Isn't it cold? And," she leaned forwards a little as she got drawn into the conversation, her eyes animated, "Your race lives on Mura? Why d'you all stay in one place? Apart from yourself, of course. It sounds like you've travelled all over."

Abruptly, she realised she was chatting, rather than getting her fortune told. She made a split-tick decision. Her curiosity over the divination gnosis was too strong. If she was a little more careful with her kina going forwards, she could afford it. "Okay, Dev'Ania. I've decided. Whether you can only look at the past, present, or future, I'd like you to read my fortune using your divination gnosis. Here," she rummaged in her backpack and withdrew her coin purse. She pulled out the appropriate amount. "Here's your ten kina. Now, what happens next?"

[-10 ki for fortune telling]
WC : 428

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Dev'Ania on November 16th, 2019, 3:02 am

“Well...Yes, the future is very important, but -” Dev’Ania searched for her words, but had trouble finding them. “Of course the future is important, but it could also be very dangerous. You make an excellent point in being able to alter the future, but we can still learn a great deal from our past. The future is always changing anyway. Just by the choices we make and by the words we say, we can change the events that are to come.” Dev’s gnosis only allowed her to see the past. As much as she wanted to have the power to see into the future, Cala stressed the danger of it, and she trusted the Crone enough to know that what she said was true. But still, she wondered what could possibly happen if she had the chance to view the future. Perhaps she could see the next mage murder in time to stop it. Maybe she could catch the killer before they committed another murderous act. Yet, for now, she couldn’t do these things. The past would have to reveal enough information.

“As for me, I have traveled quite a bit. But I plan on staying here for the foreseeable future.” She winked at the woman. “Okay, now to your reading.”

Dev’Ania sat straight up in her seat. She took a couple of deep breaths to focus her mind on just Ennisa and tried to connect to the woman’s chavi. She closed her eyes and her mind traveled to the Chavic Records. The lily on her shoulder could be seen glowing as she exited the mortal realm in the Chavena. Swirls of lights and shapes seemed as if they were zooming past her until she was met with Ennisa’s memories. She saw glimpses of the woman’s life as she followed the bright tangled line of memories. She saw from her young childhood, up to her years as an adult.

Dev’Ania viewed the memories for what felt like several chimes, but when her mind returned to the mortal realm, only a tick would have passed.

The power to seek the chavi of an individual person was really quite special. Anyone with the ability to view the beauty of the Chavena was truly gifted. Thank Avalis for Dev’Ania having the gift of sight.

The Seer’s eyes opened back and the mark on her arm stopped glowing. “Well, I saw your past. There was much to see, but how it can help you now, you will have to figure that out on your own.” Dev’Ania crossed her legs and clasped together with her hands with her fingers entangled. “You have lived a long life so far, leaving you will millions of memories, but I only saw a couple of them. I saw you at a very young age playing with what looked to be a little boy close in age to you. You guys seem to have a close relationship, but as I saw later, it began to drift apart. The reasons, unknown to me, but I assume you know why. Though this relationship may have drifted, I believe that there is still a part of you that wants it to return.”

Dev’Ania took strands of her long silken hair and tucked them behind her ears, fully revealing the iridescent scales on her face. “That is what I managed to gather from your past. Is there anything you agree with or disagree with?”

WC: 570
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ennisa on November 19th, 2019, 4:03 pm

"speech"
"others"

"We can learn a great deal from our past." Ennisa mulled on Dev'Ania's words. What the woman said was true, she supposed, but she only begrudgingly agreed. Despite Dev'Ania's talk of danger, the future still seemed the brighter thing, more full of purpose, mystery, and excitement. Her past seemed... normal. She didn't believe there was anything to learn from it. And yet.

She leant back and watched as Dev'Ania's tattoo begin to light up. Except, of course, it was not a tattoo at all. It couldn't be, really. Ennisa was transfixed by the display. She supposed the divination gnosis was this, the fortune-teller's yellow lily. From what she knew, and that wasn't much, she assumed it was a type of magic, though it was nothing like she had ever seen before. However, Ennisa only had a few moments to marvel at the subtly glowing shape before the Seer opened her eyes and the reading was apparently over.

All that was left to see what Dev'Ania had gleaned from her reading. Ennisa tilted forwards and listened closely, her attention unwavering, as the Konti woman began telling what she had seen. It was somewhat spooky to listen to the woman talking, as sunlight glistened on her otherworldly scales and her long, blonde hair, giving her an ethereal impression. She spoke of a boy, childhood, playing. She spoke of a relationship that had drifted apart. Ennisa's eyes widened, for at least now she knew that the woman truly could see into her past.

She thought of Seth, whom the woman must be referring to. She wondered where her brother was, right now. Was he preparing for the Moon Festival? Was he with Ma? Was he even in Lhavit, any more? Dev'Ania was correct in saying they had grown apart over time. Ennisa didn't even really know why. Their early childhood had been fun, and full of laughter. The problem was that they egged each other on to do sillier and sillier things. Eventually, their parents had come to blame all their mischievous behaviour on Ennisa. Admittedly, they were probably right. Even so, the blame stung a little. Even her little brother had started to blame her for all sorts of things. He'd become more sensible the older he got. She'd rejected that, and made fun of him. Once upon a time, her good-natured jesting would have made him laugh. As he got older, it only seemed to make him resentful.

She had left Seth and Ma and Pa when she had moved out to live with Itzi. It was really only a few years ago, but time seemed to have passed so quickly, and she suddenly wondered if Seth still resented her, after these few years apart. She wondered what he got up to, these days. Lhavit wasn't exactly huge, but it wasn't a tiny place either. Did he have a home of his own?

With a start, she realised Dev'Ania had asked her a question. "That's pretty good. I..." She chuckled weakly. "I suppose you would have seen my brother. I would agree that there is some part of me that wants to see him again. It's been a few years. We fell out over nothing, really, just silly childish things." She shrugged. "He lives in Lhavit somewhere, I think. I suppose one of us should make the effort to catch up." Without realising it, she'd put in sarcastic emphasis as she spoke, an unconscious throwback to her attitude to her younger brother, perhaps.

"What do you reckon? If you had a brother, or a relation that you haven't spoken to in a long while. Would you want to catch up with them, or let sleeping dogs lie?"

WC : 616

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Dev'Ania on November 21st, 2019, 3:04 am

Ennisa had a brother. Dev’Ania was always the only child, so she could not imagine having a sibling and losing contact with them. Even if she did have a sibling, it would always be a sister because she is a Konti. Konti were always women.

She supposed having a sibling would be kind of like having a very best friend, but one with a connection that runs deep in the blood within your veins. She thought the bond between siblings could be unbreakable. As shown by Ennisa and her brother’s relationship, the bond was breakable. Even though they grew up best of friends, maturity seemed to cause a crack in their foundation and spread them apart.

“I think you should rekindle the relationship you and your brother once had. If I had a sibling, I wouldn’t want to ever let anything drive us apart. Especially over nothing. Even if you just write him a letter before talking in person, at least do something. I couldn’t imagine the feeling of losing a sibling and never speaking to them again.”

The Konti tried to give the best advice she had. Not having experienced the situation, all she could do was put herself in the woman’s shoes to give the best advice. This was a skill she had learned to do lately. Empathy. She had to empathize with many of her customers. Plenty of them were hurting and wanting advice on topics Dev had never thought of or experienced. What was she to do? She couldn’t just tell them that they were on their own. That would just make her lose loyal customers.

“I think you truly miss your brother. It looked to me as if he was the most important person in your life before you two drifted apart. Regaining this relationship could be really good for you and him both. And who knows, maybe he will come around and feel the same. Anything is worth a try.” Dev’Ania sat in the wooden chair caressing the back of the curled-up kitten in her lap.

She thought for a tick, thinking of what more to say. “If you don’t, then you just don’t see your brother again. But, one day, you will regret it. One day you are going to lose him from this world without a chance to say ‘goodbye’. You are going to feel… to feel guilt. I know, silly advice coming from me probably sounds like I am the city crazy person, but I lost both my parents and think of them every day. So heed my guidance and find your brother.”

A smile spread across the Konti’s face. Her expression was one of sadness and hopefulness. A part of her felt sorry for the woman. She didn’t know the full, exact story, but what she did know was that she tried her absolute best. She was going to need to work on giving guidance to her clients. It was important to her that her clients knew how connected she was to them. That way, a sense of trust and loyalty would be exchanged.

WC: 513
Dev'Ania
The Future Awaits

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next