Greetings and Salutations

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Greetings and Salutations

Postby Alistair deGrey on December 25th, 2009, 10:20 am

Hello there. I have taken the liberty to take the template (as suggested) from the sticky above. Here we go then...

1. Name - or what you'd like to be called!
2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?
3. How did you find us?
4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?
5. What do you like to write about - not write about?
6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?
7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?
8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?
9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?
10. Anything else you want to talk about?

1. OOC, you can call me Morse. Its what I usually go by on forums, in games, by my friends... Yeah.

2. As disgusting and pathetic as it is, I started roleplaying on Wc3 originally and then moved to a forum RP. Thus far I've done two forum RPs, one was an interesting nation style roleplay, while the other was a strange apocalyptic themed one. So not much experience.

3. I started searching for another roleplaying forum while waiting for my associate to finish his new nation roleplay. Don't worry your pretty little selves too much though, I won't forsake you once the other is ready.

4. Thus far, Nation Roleplaying. Not entirely sure I actually answered the question.

5. I like to write about a great deal of subjects. Most of my writing tends to be imagery or metaphor, if I can get away with it. Once for a writing 121 class I tried to write an entire compare and contrast paper as an extended metaphor, got knocked down a point for being obscure. But I like writing in general, poetry and descriptive tend to be my favorites though.

6. The demand for quality. I sometimes skulk in the shadows of several roleplaying boards to see what it is like, and most are absolute trash. I am completely sick of seeing ramshackle pokemon and naruto roleplays littering the interweb.

7. Some of the articles in the wiki are incomplete or obscure. Especially in the skill list. For example, under Gadgeteering it states Metalworking as a "Prerequisite or Related Skill" but I don't know which it is...
This may just be because its a newer forum? I don't know how old this place is.

8. A rollicking good time with other people that like to waste their lives away writing creative, witty, and inspirational sentences for people to casually read and subsequently dismiss; upon the inevitable occurrence of this event, said sentences will be lost to the hungry maw of the interweb.

9. How about the wiki?

10. Yes, how are you guys doing?

EDIT: Anybody know any good art of an engineer that isn't modern? I guess they'd look more like a scholar than anything you'd associate with engineering.
Last edited by Alistair deGrey on December 25th, 2009, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Postby Gossamer on December 25th, 2009, 10:30 am

Hey Morse!

Welcome to Mizahar. :) Merry Christmas too. Mizahar opened just 6 short months ago so the fact that there's 1,000 wiki articles already (most of them rather large) is a small feat in itself especially since there's only 6 founders actively working on the wiki. But daily the wiki is expanding. I know the skills are going in as people request/need them so that is why most of them are incomplete. We'll get them all flushed out one of these days... but between all the other things going on including storytelling, (and the fact most of us took Nov off for NaNoWriMo!) that means new material goes into the wiki as time permits. :)

Hopefully you'll find some quality here. I know most of us are 'writers' more than gamers.

And as always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or in chat.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Hex on December 25th, 2009, 7:51 pm

Morse,

I'm totally compelled by your writing style. I really focus on descriptive metaphors and personification, and would LOVE to read some samples of your writing that you feel are optimum. Feel free to come into chat and/or send me a pm, and if you want to see any of mine I have most of my posts in the Cyphrus > The Sea of Grass forum.

I always get so inspired when I see someone who really puts their personal style into all their writing. Even reading one's application can show their level of skill/creativity. It's also nice to see the progression and development writers go through as they interact and practice creating a consistent flow of ideas in their storytelling.

Welcome!
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Words: 169721
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2009, 4:57 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sonyn on December 26th, 2009, 9:33 am

Welcome to Mizahar Morse! I'm relatively new myself (Joined less than a week ago I believe.) and I look forward to roleplaying with you! I know what you mean about the quality of other roleplaying sites. I've tried roleplaying on GaiaOnline once or twice, but the grammar of the majority of people there sucks. I was just as happy as you probably are to find Mizahar, as--from what I've seen--everyone here can form a complete sentence! That's a miracle itself. See you in the threads!

(And Goss, I am sad to say that you are probably more likely to find me on Xbox Live than on Mizahar, but thus far I think I've done a good job of balancing the writer and gamer in me! :D)
Sonyn
The Kelvic Lion

Words: 2481
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2009, 1:30 am
Location: Oregon. You know, the place where it never seems to snow? Yeah. That one.
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Alistair deGrey on December 27th, 2009, 7:38 am

Sonyn wrote:Welcome to Mizahar Morse! I'm relatively new myself (Joined less than a week ago I believe.) and I look forward to roleplaying with you! I know what you mean about the quality of other roleplaying sites. I've tried roleplaying on GaiaOnline once or twice, but the grammar of the majority of people there sucks. I was just as happy as you probably are to find Mizahar, as--from what I've seen--everyone here can form a complete sentence! That's a miracle itself. See you in the threads!

(And Goss, I am sad to say that you are probably more likely to find me on Xbox Live than on Mizahar, but thus far I think I've done a good job of balancing the writer and gamer in me! :D)

I kno rite? peeps that cant make teh full sehntehnsays (cwatIdidthar?) r off there rawrker (lololol, I rawk)
Alistair deGrey
Wulgaru given Breath

Words: 209442
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2009, 9:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Lore Author (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Sonyn on December 27th, 2009, 8:10 am

u hav kno idia tey jus don get 1t but we get 1t don weh ye we r teh best
Sonyn
The Kelvic Lion

Words: 2481
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2009, 1:30 am
Location: Oregon. You know, the place where it never seems to snow? Yeah. That one.
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet