Character Picture: Need Help?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Character Picture: Need Help?

Postby Hex on January 20th, 2010, 3:06 am

Many of you may not have the time or the resources to find, let alone modify, your pictures to truly represent your characters. Luckily I have some intermediate photoshop skills and absolutely love hunting for pictures. I am getting really good at changing skin/hair/eye colours so if you find a picture but need any of that changed I can do that too. I can do main character pics, signatures, banners, avatars, whatever you need! Just to be clear I do not draw any of the pictures myself I only modify them and along with the picture I give you, I will include the artist name and website so that you can give them deserved credit.

Warning

Before sending me a request, please consider the following:
The character that you are requesting a picture for should be well developed, already have made 5-10 posts in the Mizahar forums, and intends to be regularly active. The biggest reason I have this rule is because I don't want to spend hours designing a signature or character picture for someone who abandons their character shortly after.

How to Request a Pic
avatar (small 200x200px pic in the left panel of your posts)
signature (the long picture with character name that shows at the bottom of every post you make)
character sheet picture (the larger picture(s) shown on your character sheet)
-physical appearance (hair/skin colour, height, weight, gender, race, tattoos, scars, etc)
-clothing/armour
-weapons/tools/possessions that are visible on person
-personality/behaviour/facial expressions
-anything else that you feel is vital for your character!
-links to any pictures, fonts, or patterns you want me to incorporate
-quantity is less important than quality. Be more specific in less words!

Where to Browse Pictures

Before you consider adopting an existing picture, you may want to consult the gifted Khiara in illustrating a character pic for you. Khiara's Pic Request Thread includes all the information you need.
You can browse my deviantart.com favourites list where I keep all of the character pictures. If there is a picture you find, please contact me to ask if it is taken and make sure to pic out alternative pictures as well in case your first choice is being used. Unfortunately I don't have an organized way of showing what pictures are being currently used but below I display the character pictures I personally worked on for others, so it wouldn't hurt to look through them first before pm'ing your request.

**Note to Artists**

90% of the artwork I have manipulated here is acquired from the art community site Deviantart.com. The other 10% is from other sites like elfwood.com and google image searches. I try my best to ensure that all artwork is credited for when representing characters here in Mizahar. I often reuse character picture with watermarks and yes, I remove those for the purpose of free art here in Miz. Many artists have royalty free uses of their art in free communities such as this one. I sincerely hope I have not offended anyone by using their art without explicit recognition, but if I have please don't hesitate to email me at 4knspn@gmail.com.

Character Sheet Pictures :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Signatures :
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
Last edited by Hex on May 26th, 2010, 3:14 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Words: 169721
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2009, 4:57 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Re: Character Picture: Need Help?

Postby Gortimir Strongfield on January 20th, 2010, 3:11 am

I owe Hex for finding and editing my avatar and char pic (the Isur example in the above post) and I am honored to be the first one plugging these services!

Thanks again Hex! :D
Avatar artist credit goes to Nathan M. Rosario and Hex is responsible for the perfect Isurian modifications!
Gortimir Strongfield
Player

Words: 2199
Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2010, 12:55 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Siiri on January 23rd, 2010, 3:24 am

I have her to thank for the gorgeous work she did on my profile avatar. Lookit! Love the work so much I requested to have a banner made as a signature!

Thanks much Hex! Maraming salamat! ;)
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Shari on January 23rd, 2010, 10:09 pm

Well seeing the great work Hex has done, I'd love to request a beautiful Myrian avatar for Shari!! ;)

I mean, with these mad skillz how could I go wrong asking here? :)

Check out my CS and let me know if you need to know anything else!
Shari
Player

Words: 6999
Joined roleplay: January 15th, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tarama on February 10th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Hi there!

I'm trying to create a signature picture for my account, and unfortunately I have very little artistic talent. I'm ok at things like photomanipulation via Photoshop. But once it comes down actually composing something artistic; I fail tragically.

So, I was recommended to come here and request some help from the nice, kind and very approachable Hex. ^_^

I was hoping, if you're not too busy, that you'd be able to create a sig based on this picture I edited.

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn15/floatingfloating/sixarm.jpg

As for what it should look like, well that's completely up to you. ^_^ I would like something with black and gold if possible.

If not, or if you're too busy, that's ok. In any event, thanks so much!

-Tarama/Lauren
Signature created by the amazing Hex. Images from: lesolielfonce.deviantart.com and
moraecollections.deviantart.com
Tarama
Omnidextrous

Words: 9127
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2010, 5:30 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet

Postby Eshatoh on March 4th, 2010, 2:55 am

Hey Hex.

After actually spending some time looking, (amazing, I know) I still have yet to find an avatar that I feel would be appropriate for a Chaktawe. So I remembered seeing this thread a while back and decided that I would inquire here. Have you by chance come across anything that you would deem fitting?
Image rights for signature and avatar belong to TheGreenestRose and digitaldao respectively
Eshatoh
On the other side of the hill

Words: 36644
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Postby Eshatoh on March 17th, 2010, 1:53 am

Oooh... The first one is really nice. Thanks, Hex.
Image rights for signature and avatar belong to TheGreenestRose and digitaldao respectively
Eshatoh
On the other side of the hill

Words: 36644
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Chaktawe
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Lore Author (1)

Postby Hirem on March 28th, 2010, 8:25 pm

Oh... MAN you got some talent there Hex. This is coming from a non Photoshop user, so this is like witchcraft to me.

Anyway, I sorta like the avatar I have now, but I knew as soon as I glanced at the avatar pictures you made mine fails in comparison.

So, basically, can you make an avatar picture for me? All the physical info for Hirem is in my CS, and the only thing that he really needs to emote is something of duty and seriousness.

As I said, I'm fine with the avatar I have now, so there is no real pressure. If you can make one though, that'd be awesome. Thanks Hex!

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Hex on March 29th, 2010, 9:54 pm

Hirem,

all the avatar needed was a bit of sprucing up.

enjoy

to get the picture to appear on your avatar, go to user control panel>profile>edit avatar> and submit this jpg address into the field http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=1017
Hex
Ghost Chasing Healer

Words: 169721
Joined roleplay: December 4th, 2009, 4:57 am
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Artist (1) Donor (1)

Next