Cage of Glass (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Cage of Glass (Solo)

Postby Ariel on January 4th, 2011, 1:51 am

6 Winter, 510 AV

Ariel was walking in front of a series of tents. She wasn't aware of who they belonged to, nor did she really care, she simply wanted to enjoy taking a walk through Endrykas, no particular aim in mind.

The sun was high in the sky, and a gentle breeze fluttered the door-flaps of the drykas tents as Ariel walked along. The grass swayed this way, and that way, and the ground was cold beneath her feet. Her steps made a low, nearly inaudible, crunching sound, and left almost no mark upon the soil in which she trod, being that she was such a tiny being.

Ariel was humming a tune from her childhood, softly, as she walked, closing her eyes and allowing the sound to flood her. She was no longer paying much attention to her surroundings, and when she finally noticed the change, it was too late. The shadow of a giant had overtaken her, and she soon found a glass wall between herself and the outside world she had until recently, walked freely.

Ariel banged against the glass with her fists, "let me out! Let me out!" she hollered as a young girl with light, curly brown hair, tinted red, tan skin, and freckles lifted the glass dome she was now trapped in to her face.

The girl fastened the top of the dome with a lid, it had a few holes poked into it. It was then that Ariel realized that she was trapped, in a glass jar.

"Hey!" Ariel shouted at her captor, who couldn't have been more than nine. She had pale green eyes, and a mischievous smile. She was missing her two front teeth. The girl lifted the jar closer to her face, peering down at Ariel.

The jar was about six inches wide, and seven inches high. It was cold to the touch, and made Ariel's view of things rather blurry. "Stupid glass," Ariel mumbled, as the girl started to poke the glass with one of her fingers, so forcefully, that Ariel stumbled over and onto her butt.

"Would you stop that!" Ariel hollered up at the girl, shaking one of her fists in the air. The girl simply laughed, and stared down at Ariel. "You're a cute little buggy."

The red pigmentation in Ariel's cheeks became more and more prominent. "I'm not a buggy!" Ariel huffed, her chest rising and falling rapidly with her angry and quick breathing. The girl simply laughed, before lifting the side of her bag and tossing the jar and Ariel inside.

"Hey!" Ariel yelled as everything went black and she began to pound on the side of the glass jar with her fists. "I'm talking to you! You let me out of here this instant!"
Ariel
I'm NOT Short, I'm Fun-Sized!

Words: 181717
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 9:27 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Cage of Glass (Solo)

Postby Ariel on January 6th, 2011, 12:44 am

The girl started walking, and her bag started to bounce on the side of her body. The bag was tossing the jar around lightly, but it was enough to knock Ariel over. "Woaaahhhhh," she called, as she fell on her behind at the bottom of the jar. She tried to get up, but was thrown over again by the force of the girl's step, and the swinging of her bag along with it, after a few tries, Ariel didn't bother trying to get up anymore. Instead, she crossed her arms over her chest and sat silently at the bottom of the glass jar, a pout upon her lips.

After what felt like an eternity, a small stream of light began to shine through towards the bottom of the bag. "Light!" Ariel exclaimed dramatically, as the girl's hand reached down, and clutched the jar, before she put the jar down on her sleeping bag. The two were now sitting in what appeared to be the young girl's tent. It was dark, and not very spacious. It was only mildly decorated- a few sleeping bags, and a few pillows to go with it, along with a few books littered across the sleeping bag opposite the one Ariel's jar was resting on.

The girl was sitting beside Ariel on the royal purple sleeping bag, her curly brown hair splaying across her face as she poked Ariel's jar, shrieking with laughter. "You're a silly little buggy! I want to show you to my friends!" the girl laughed, she poked the jar one last time, "now don't you go anywhere," the girl said, as she got up and headed to the tent's door flap, holding it open with her right hand, and peering over her shoulder, she called to Ariel, "I'll be right back with my friends; they'll loooove you."

Ariel gulped, "don't worry, I won't go anywhere!" she called after the girl, who had walked out of the tent, the door flap fluttering in the wind, before hanging limp, closed, behind her.

Ariel sighed, now what was she to do? Ariel wondered as she looked up at the lid above her head, and the glass walls that surrounded her, she couldn't stay here after all, surely there was a way in which she could escape.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Cage of Glass (Solo)

Postby Ariel on January 8th, 2011, 12:26 am

Ariel looked up at the top of the jar, there were a few air holes poked into the lid. She looked back down at her feet, the bottom of the jar was flat, and seemed to be thicker than the rest of the glass that surrounded her. The glass that surrounded her as a whole didn't seem to be very thick, although it did manage to obscure Ariel's vision well enough, so she may be wrong.

Ariel sighed, maybe if she knocked the jar over, she could figure something out, she thought, as she backed into one end of the jar, before sprinting across it and ramming her body into the other end, the jar only wavered a little, Ariel sighed, before she forced herself to run to the other side, which ended in the same result, then she ran back to the other side, and the jar started to tip a little farther towards the ground, quickly she ran to the other side, and kept on ramming her body into it until the jar started to twirl, and then fall to the floor with a muffled thud. By this time, Ariel was huffing and puffing and positively exhausted. Her heart was pounding in her chest, and her whole body hurt with all the effort she had put into escaping.

Allowing herself a quick break, Ariel sat on the bottom of the jar in the lotus position. Her hands were resting on her knees, and her palms were face up. Ariel closed her eyes and took a few deep breaths, in through the nose, out through the mouth, holding her breath for six seconds before she let it out. She allowed her lungs to feel full, and as she inhaled, she imagined being surrounded by a pale pink light. This light made her feel light, and protected, with each exhale, she imagined it ridding her body of a murky black light, all of the things that had been hurting her. Ariel repeated this exercise for approximately seven minutes, before she slowly opened her eyes again. She felt much better; far more relaxed, which made her mind feel so much clearer, and thus, she was more capable of making quick, halfway decent decisions, or so she hoped.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Cage of Glass (Solo)

Postby Ariel on January 8th, 2011, 9:07 pm

Ariel peered into her bag, looking for something useful. All she had was a tiny comb, clay, and an eating knife. Wow, that's helpful, she thought. Wait, eating knife? As in miniature sharp pointy object? Something she could use to cut the top of the jar.

Ariel pulled her eating knife out of her bag and crawled over to the top of the jar. She looked up at the air holes the girl had made in the jar, maybe if she cut from one to the other, she could push the broken jar pieces away and escape? Ariel wondered as she pointed her knife outwards, and through one of the air holes.

Slowly, she pushed her eating knife towards the other air hole. It hardly made a dent for the longest time, and then suddenly, slowly it started to make its way through the jar lid. Ariel smiled, supposing it was thinner than she had first thought it to be.

It took her awhile, but finally, she managed to make a slit in the jar that she would be able to fit through, hopefully anyway, especially because her eating knife was now dull, twisted, and completely ruined.

Ariel tossed the knife aside and pushed against the slit she had made in the jar, it was very sharp, and Ariel was thankful her kind didn't bleed, because that would more than likely make a big mess.

Ariel pushed against it again, and the lid started to fan out around her. Ariel dived through, and escaped, phew, she thought, just as her right wing was coming through and the jar sliced the tip off. Oww, she thought, smiling triumphantly as she walked out of the open tent flap as it fluttered in the wind.
Ariel

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Cage of Glass (Solo)

Postby Mixcoatl on January 11th, 2011, 6:55 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Name 1

Experience
+2 Escape Artist
+1 Meditation

Lore
Ah! It's a Giant!
Becoming a Child's Toy
Physics are Rough
Cleansing One's Mind
Escaping from the Grasp of Infants

Additional Notes: The wound to your wound will take two or three days to heal with clay consumed every day. Extra posts acquiring/consuming clay will not need to be completed for this wound.

A cute little read! Stupid Drykas children, making us all look bad...

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a PM!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office