Award March's Featured Thread Is....

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

March's Featured Thread Is....

Postby Gossamer on March 1st, 2020, 9:41 pm

Kelski wrote:Its not easy writing about family. What is even more difficult is recruiting a bunch of players to play a family! Mads has managed to do this in Lhavit and its a beautiful thing.

She needed good players to see it through though. And honestly? She's recruited some of the best. Mortiz personifies the young Kelvic perfectly. He is so far from perfect and is almost diametrically opposed to his mother and her machinations. She wants one thing for him and he has his own ideas... and it makes for a really good read. This thread has been slow going, but its more than worth the read. Both players involved do an amazing job staying in their appointed roles. And honestly? You can feel the pain Mads has to go through in explaining everything to her young son patiently as he grows.

And its not easy. She's managed to birth someone as stubborn as she is.... and I'm taking secret (or not so secret now) delight in watching her squirm. :) I could have picked out any of the threads involving this family because they are wonderfully written. But I liked this one the best and think of each and every new post as a treat.

-Kelski

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Oresnya Cacao on March 1st, 2020, 9:50 pm

All the biggest congratulations to you both. Kels is right. It is fun to watch your two stubborn PCs thread together.
Oresnya Cacao
The Chain sets us free.

Words: 167371
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2018, 3:38 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Ennisa on March 3rd, 2020, 12:50 am

Well done both of you! Long may the Craven shenanigans continue.
Sharai | Shinyama | Zintia (home) | Tenten | Sartu (work)
4-6, Dawn Rest | 10-12, Noon Rest | 16-18, Dusk Rest | 22-24, Midnight Rest

Ennisa
Miss Chievious

Words: 261967
Joined roleplay: September 8th, 2019, 11:05 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Luminescence on March 3rd, 2020, 1:36 am

Congrats Mads and Moritz! This is well-deserved, you two write beautifully together. Seeing Madeira struggle with motherhood and Moritz struggle to learn about the world around him and how those struggles intersect is incredibly special, and being able to have a writing partner be family is so amazing. I would say I look forward to seeing Moritz continue to grow up, but I think I'm more worried than anything...having one Craven is already enough trouble! :P
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)