Library Time [Bharani Library]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Postby Calven on April 18th, 2021, 8:38 pm

Spring 50 521

Calven was having a pleasant morning. He woke up on time, he got out of bed without stepping on something sharp, his breakfast hadn’t gone stale yet (bread and whatever pieces of fruit he had left over). He did not even have any activities on his schedule to bog down his day. “I can’t remember the last time I had such a great wide open day!” he said with glee.

Calven had a special thing he wanted to do today. He wanted to go explore the library so that he could learn a thing or tow. He did not quite know what he wanted to do yet but he was pretty sure it would have something to do with black smithing or weapon smithing. There was something that had been buggin him so he did not want to go back to his work place and practice until he cleared his doubts.

The trip to the library was pretty cumbersome. It was not exactly in the neighborhood of where he lived. He had to go a long way which was a big pain in the butt. The journey was partially by foot mostly by commissioned travel so there was a lot to be desired when it came to comfort. The trip itself put a huge strain on his endurance because he was not used to walking so long or being subject to the bumps of sitting in the wagons. Calven did his best to be a man and put up with the pain but in the end he was still feeling very feeble. He had bruised in several places along his legs and back from all the bumpy riding and the walk was putting way too much strain on his legs.

“Finally I’m here!” He exclaimed when he finally reached the doors of the library. He nearly collapsed on the floor when he finally got inside but when he did he was pleased to see that this library was pretty nice. It was just as extraordinary as people had said it was. “Now why would anyone decided to put a library all the way over here,” he wondered while walking around. He was not familiar with library etiquette so he was just trying to get a feel of what this place was like. He did not see anything out of the ordinary no matter how hard he tried to look around for someone to talk to. It was difficult to not get distracted by all the books and staircases that looked so extravagant that he just wanted to stand in awe.

“Ahem,” said someone right behind Calven. Calven turned and nearly shouted out of surprise. He stumbled into a bookcase that dropped a book that smacked him on the head. Calven’s body was too exhausted to even try to stand at this point. He slumped to the ground and rubbed his head.

“You’re exhausted. And sweaty, filthy. What business do you have here might I ask? This is no shelter for the homeless but I think you know that if you came all this way.”
Last edited by Calven on April 21st, 2021, 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calven
Player

Words: 13251
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2021, 12:46 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Calven on April 18th, 2021, 8:39 pm

Calven said, “I apologize. I should not have tried to walk some of the path. In any case I’m here to do some research on how to create a dagger. I was thinking taking a job at the blacksmith’s ship would be enough but I keep wanting to know more. I’ve only been put to the task of making simple blacksmithing goods like simple shapes. I want to do more though and someday be able to forge weapons that legends will be written about. Lofty, I know, but here I am trying to take the first step.” Calven paused after his long monologue to listen to what the librarian had to say about his request.

“Ah, very well. WE have many volumes on the craft of making weapons. However to use this library you must add to it first. Write down something that you know and wish to add to the knowledge held within these walls. That is how things work here. You give before you take.”

“I’m not sure if I know anything that might be of use to you…” Calven said uncertainly. He did not think all that highly of himself. However the librarian just shrugged and handed him a pen and paper. IT would seem that he would have to think of something.

Calven thought about what he wanted to write about and then got an idea. “Do you have a weapon per chance that I could touch? I know vorillesence and I wish to add some knowledge about that. However it’s hard for me to put into words so manybe it would be better if I touched a weapon first.” Calven looked around and did not see any weaponry but then again it was hard for him to observe anything because he did not know exactly what to look for when trying to spot weaponry. He figured pointy metal would do the trick but he did not see any that didn’t have something to do with the décor.

“OH, I remember. There were some guards outside. That’ll probably work!” Calven grinned at the librarian and slowly limped on out the doors again to have a chat with the guards.

“Can I borrow your weapon good sir?” Calven asked one of them confidently. “I wish to feel it in my hands.” Unfortunately for Calven he was no great shakes at persuading people of anything

“Sorry, but no. This seems awfully suspicious. Move along.” The guard said to Calven. He clutched his weapon even tighter after learning that Calven might want to take it

“I think you misunderstood me,” Calven continued, “I wanted to use magic on it.”

The guard just looked at Calven blankly. “In that case, definitely no.” the guard turned his back to Calven and did not look like he wanted to be bothered anymore. .

“Ugh, alright then. I”ll see you around I guess,” Calven said. He did not really want to have to do this without touching a weapon but he thought he could manage.
Calven
Player

Words: 13251
Joined roleplay: April 6th, 2021, 12:46 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets