The Fight of a Captain [O]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Fight of a Captain [O]

Postby Trios on January 19th, 2011, 12:41 am

Timestamp: 13, Winter of 510 A.V.

It would be such an odd occurrence to see a non-human in Endrykas given that the Drykas made up most of the population. But it would be of a weirder sight still to see a rather muscular Isur who sat against a tent eating his lunch and while between bites was telling tall tales to a trio of Drykas children no older than eight. It was a simple fact that being non-human was of great interest and curiosity to children which led a few brave kids to speak to the isur in the first place.

“.......than ol’billy the bard heard a sound, a kind that shakes the soul form beneath the water surface. The old row boat he road began to shook violently in waves that just appeared out of no where, the noise beneath the water grew louder and louder until……..WOOOSH! A WATER DRAGON as big as a city burst through the surface and carried the screaming bard unbeknownst to the beast on his back. Where did our pal billy the bard go? Know one knows..but on clear nights on the oceans…one can hear his songs being played under the ocean surface.” Finished Trios in his growl like voice before giving the smoked beef in his hands a violent bite.

The Isur wasn’t much of a storyteller but young children as they were didn’t know any better so to them the story was just a form of free entertainment. And to Trios the children were just a way for him to feel important as an entertaining oddity. Also the Isur held some form of respect children oddly enough, not because of any moral obligation but just that fact that they were kids and no logic or reason was needed.

The finish to the story was met by a few awes and childish pleas for another but Trios simply shook his head in a growing realization that he couldn’t waste the day telling stories to children. Plus what if someone had seen him telling kids tales, Trios had to keep somesort of fearsome and intimidating appeal if he was to surive in the world.

“Enough! No more whining, I can’t spend all my hours telling tales to kids. I’ll be back before the sun sets, and if one of you brings some kinda desert for my meal I might even tell more stories Hahaha” Chuckled Trios as he wiped his blue bird of any remaining particles of food. Then with a grunt Trios walked away form the trio of kids in a brisk walk towards the southern side of Endrykas.

It was a decently brisk afternoon for a winter afternoon walk around the large tent city. Everything that had to have been accomplished was and all that remained to fill the void of free time by observing the local populous. Trios didn’t know much about the Drykas home city, and if there was anything the Isur knew was the power of knowledge which seemed to coincide with physical strength. Having the right knowledge about the right things was sometimes as equal to having a hundred gold coins, a treasure in it self.

Therefore the lone Isur set off to observe Endrykas in it’s natural state. But if anyone could truly understand the Isur’s mind, they would find the same type of thought. Trios was only a fan of knowledge he could use, so every time the Isur noticed something interesting it usually meant that it was for a purpose to further his goals. As such leatherworking or tribal dances seemed to be ignored completely by the Isur. The same type of thought seemed to echo in Trios’s somewhat sinister mind “How can I use this”, or “What will this do for me”.

“Now how the hell did aye miss this place…” Trios grinned tacking in a wiff of the air. The war pavilion of the diamond clan smelled of sweat, blood and conflict. The place attracted Trios like a moth to the flame after a few days of relentless preparing for a long journey into the grasslands. The sounds of men testing their skills and courage against one an other filled the Isur’s ears as he watched a few of the Drykas warriors wail on each other with training staffs.

The thought of training like that was child’s play. Trios though not the best of mediocre swordsmen had learned by doing, which meant with sharp blades. Memories filled Trios of his first attempt at using a sword, coincidently it was the first time he had duelled with live blades aswell. As Trios was lost in thought about the past a feeling about jumping into the area to fight, began to slowly well up inside him.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet