Open [Healing Hands] Herbal Medicine

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

[Healing Hands] Herbal Medicine

Postby Ari'Ellin on September 5th, 2021, 1:24 am

3rd Fall, 521AV

"Ari, I'm going to pick up a delivery. Can you watch the front for a few moments for me?" came the words of Kita as she headed out of the door, giving Ari'Ellin little chance to refuse the instructions. It was a rare day that Remas was also busy away from the shop somewhere, and Ari didn't even have the option to ask him to help her, and now she was just stuck in the front of the shop, awkwardly waiting for any customers to come in while she hoped that nobody would have any issues that were more complex.

Frowning to herself, she started walking around the shop, checking the shelves and trying to make sure the bottles and tins were aligned with each other until the door opened and Ari instantly straightened up.
"Welcome to Healing Hands. Do you need assistance?" she asked quickly moving over to greet the customer only to be greeted in response with a cough.
"Sorry..." the older man croaked back in response wincing and shaking his head in response, before he chuckled slightly. "I may have drank a little too much last night..." he mumbled, shaking his head again. "Worst headache I ever had."

"Oh, hangover? We help." she stated, beginning to glance over the shelves. "Hangover tonic somewhere." she mumbled to herself and the man chuckled again.
"Kita not here today?" he asked and Ari shook her head.
"She here, but not here now. Gone to 'pick up' something." Ari explained before offering her hand to the man as a greeting. "I Ari'Ellin. I normal stay in back, but today need to be here." she explained, shrugging slightly before finding the small bottle she had been looking for and holding it up for the man to see. "Hangover tonic. It reduce effects hangover." she explained, nodding excitedly as she stood up with the bottle.

"Brilliant, how much is it?" the man asked and Ari'Ellin checked the shelf before holding up four fingers.
"Four kina, two doses in a bottle." she explained and the man nodded. "You need more?" she asked, watching the man as he browsed the shelves of the shop.
"My mother has started to forget things easier than usual... Do you have anything that can help with that?" the man asked and Ari'Ellin spent a few moments trying to remember what was good for what. A memory came to her mind of some seeds she'd been asked to collect and she nodded at the man.
"I think Chamayo tonic good. One per day, will not cure, but will make better." she explained and the man nodded. "Oh, and same price hangover. You want more?"

"Can I maybe buy eight doses of the chamayo tonic? That's everything though." the man asked and Ari nodded, grabbing three more bottles and heading over to a counter and grabbing a piece of parchment and a stick of ink. She made four lines on the paper, then copied the four lines below the first ones, until she had five rows of lines, the top one with 'HT' marked next to it, and the others with 'CT' next to it. Finally she wrote 'k' above the lines so she wouldn't confuse herself later. She counted the sixteen lower lines and wrote sixteen on the other side, then four next to the top line, then next to them all she wrote '20'.
"The Chamayo Tonic is sixteen kina, and the Hangover Tonic is four kina, so that's twenty kina in total." she smiled as she spoke and the man handed the money over to her. She quickly counted it before putting the money into a tin kept under the counter, then she helped the man put the bottles into his bag before waving goodbye to him as he left the shop.

Word Count634 Words
Ari'Ellin
Player

Words: 151855
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2020, 10:31 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes