Dead Center (Fordwen and sage)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Dead Center (Fordwen and sage)

Postby Fordwen on January 19th, 2011, 4:26 am

Timestamp: 48th of winter 511 AV

The whistling sound of the arrow leaving the bow was one that did not make Fordwen flinch like the first time. As he fired it, he rapidly drew fit and fired another. The hole proses took him less than a second it was something he had been doing for the last hour and a half. He was firing at a log that he had pulled up. The log was about ten inches in width and he had marked two lines above and below about another ten inches apart and a small dot directly in the center, creating a target about one-hundred and fifty yards down range. He was firing a set of three arrows at a time in the span of five seconds. As he finished this set he went and checked the set. It was an OK spread but it needed work.

As he walked back to the spot he had marked in the snow. He was right outside the city walls he fired another arrow and looked up to the wall as he drew the next he had had a few people watching from the wall but most left. The arrow brushed his cheek and he fired. As it flew he realized that the wind had changed fractionally and he had forgotten to compensate. He flinched as he saw the arrow strike the target way low. He mentally kicked him self for forgetting to change the positioning. He did not even draw another, instead he walked for the target as he got close he saw that the arrow had split when it hit the target. He would have to get another when he was done with this bit. He walked back a bit angry. As he took his spot again he felt the eyes on him, he looked toward the wall but he saw the person was outside the walls she was standing slightly to the sid but about fifteen feet over he waved her over.
Last edited by Fordwen on January 22nd, 2011, 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fordwen
Revenge will be mine.

Words: 3764
Joined roleplay: December 17th, 2010, 4:55 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Dead Center

Postby Sage Eleanor on January 19th, 2011, 4:50 am

Sage watched timidly as the man practiced his shooting. He was swift and deadly with the bow. Then he was off. The wind blew her curls across her face and she placed them back in their proper place. When she looked back over he was staring at her gesturing for her to come over. Biting her lip she jerked forward and slowly made her way over to him. She studied his features at a closer range and nervously read his body language. It didn’t seem threatening, but her finger stayed at her lip, her arms in front of her body making an invisible barrier between the two.
Sage uttered a soft, “Hello,” while eyeing the arrows. Weapons made her itchy and anxious. Nervously she fiddled with her hair, newly ordinate with beads and the winter flowers of the North. A small petal fell to the snowy ground but Sage paid it no attention. She was too busy staring at her feet in a complete childish manner.
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic6948.htmlLink to Rosa Magpie Thief of the North character sheet.
Sage Eleanor
Player

Words: 3941
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 4:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Dead Center

Postby Fordwen on January 19th, 2011, 10:41 pm

The girl was the same one from before. She looked very uncomfortable as she walked over and said in an almost imperceptible voice "Hello". He put a hand on her head and ruffled her hair a little bit. "What brings you out here." He said in a friendly voice. She looked at the arrows and the bow and he followed her gaze to them and thought for a moment. He had never done anything like this before he was a little uncomfortable but he told himself that he needed to get better with people now that he had a home. So he asked her, "Would you like to try to shoot it?" He thought that it might be a good way to make a friend he would try and show her the basics of archery and make a friend. It all sounded good to him but what did he know.
Fordwen
Revenge will be mine.

Character sheet

Dead Center

Postby Sage Eleanor on January 22nd, 2011, 2:53 am

“S-shoot one?” Sage asked apprehensively in reply as she carefully put her locks of hair back in place, the winter flowers now lay in ruin at her feet. Carefully she took a small step back. Indecisiveness settled its way into her mind. She could but she couldn’t. She had little faith in her abilities but knew she would regret it later if she denied the offer. So tensely she nodded her head and pulled her hair back into a loose braid. “I-I’m ready.” She stated boldly and straightened up so she looked more valiant than she really felt. No more hiding I’m going to become the best I can so I can truly help those around me! Sage looked up with daring eyes, she needed a turning point in her life and this was it. She rose to the challange graciously and hoped she would emerge victorious.
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic6948.htmlLink to Rosa Magpie Thief of the North character sheet.
Sage Eleanor
Player

Words: 3941
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2010, 4:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Dead Center

Postby Fordwen on January 22nd, 2011, 6:30 pm

"OK, now grab the bow in the center, here." Fordwen indicated the grip in the middle of the bow. He handed her the bow, it look huge on her, and it instantly sagged in her grasp and he started to wonder if she could actually shoot the bow. She grabbed the bow at the indicated spot and looked to him for the next instructions he held the bow up at the correct angel and lead her hand to the bow string center. "When you grab the string and arrow together hold your hand like this," he showed her the correct finger position, "and hold the arrow here on your hand." She seemed to understand but she still had trouble getting it right with her small hands. He knocked the arrow and showed her how to draw using her back muscles. He stepped away and watched as she shakily drew the bow to about half draw and let it go. The arrow sailed about thirty meters and landed in the snow, he grab the arrow and walked back. "I think your gonna need a smaller bow, come on we'll find you can use." As he talked i walked toward the gate,"I think a short bow would fit you better, it will have a lower draw weight, although it will have a shorter range. How about we try to find you a composite one that should help with range and power." He looked over at her and saw the confused look she wore and he smiled, "If I'm confusing you I'm sorry." They started to walk for the shops.
Fordwen
Revenge will be mine.

Character sheet