[2021 Holiday Challenge] The Perception of Time

Ialari struggles with understanding reality and its relation to time. She gets some help from an unexpected source.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is for threads that take place in the Chavena (not to confused with Dreamscapes), the Ukalas, or even off world. Most of these threads require HD permission to run unless they are Gnosis (ie. Dreamwalking) or Magical (ie. Dominion) abilities that automatically allow their uses the ability to cross over.

Postby Ialari Pythone on December 27th, 2021, 2:35 am

Ialari looked closer, reaching out with her mind for the familiar connections she felt when standing before The Tree of Death in her Dominion. As she did, she could see the faint lines of djed that connected each of the flames to every other one. She followed the lines as they each led directly to her.

“Because they all share a close proximity to the others, each piece experienced similar events in their own lives yet since they are still separate, they have their own unique perceptions of reality. Time’s flow is experienced somewhat differently which allows for individual choices that differ. Because you are all connected, it becomes possible for you to reforge them, thus repairing the soul that you are all a part of.” Tanroa turned to face Ialari and looked her directly in the eyes.

Ialari took in Tanroa’s words. As she considered what was said and digested what she’d seen, one of the missing parts of the grand picture began to stitch itself together. In Tanroa’s eyes, Ialari could see how each of the soul shards were able to exist along the shore at similar points in time with different perceptions of reality. She could see how their individual experiences within those perceptions of reality allowed for the experiencing of the River’s flow as they lived and died while still maintaining a connection to the others.

She blinked and said, “I…see. I can see for the first time. Our differences, they connect us just as do our similarities. They connect us because we exist as pieces of a greater whole on Time’s Shore. I’ve been looking at this all wrong. I’ve…I’ve been seeing the pieces as being me but not me. I haven’t allowed myself to really see them as a missing piece. At least not until I take them in and then I only feel the briefest moment of relief. That feeling…I understand it now; at least better than I did before. The feeling, it is because I’ve reunited with a piece of myself not simply fixing something that has been broken.”

Tanroa’s smile widened. “That is the context I mentioned before. You are not simply repairing yourself. You are reclaiming yourself; you are reclaiming who you are and who you were meant to be.” Her smile faded as she continued. “What happened to you, the breaking of your soul, it created ripples in the flow of time that are still being corrected. By reclaiming yourself, you will be repairing the damage those ripples caused to the river. I know you have a lot to deal with already being tasked to repair the Ukalas where and when you can but repairing the damage done by those ripples is important. Doing so will achieve more than simply finding yourself.”

Tanroa leaned in and embraced Ialari while touching her forehead with her own. “Ialari, I wish to offer something that I seldom do. Already you have the support of Strength and Patience as well as Death among others though you haven’t discovered them yet. I wish to offer you the support of Time.” Ialari closed her eyes as she struggled to fight back tears. Tanroa proceeded to lightly kiss each of her closed eyes. As she did, Ialari’s eyes took on dramatic change. A faint circle of starry blue encircled each iris that would flare whenever Tanroa’s mark was activated.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on December 27th, 2021, 2:37 am

After receiving the mark, Ialari felt the familiar feeling of connection much like she had with Izurdin and Dira. A bond shared with divine being.

“Thank you…I…You’ve shown me so much. But…what was the damage that was done by the ripples?” Ialari wiped the tears from her eyes.

Tanroa pulled back a bit and said, “Just continue to challenge your perception of your reality and reclaim yourself. The damage the ripples have caused will not be felt for some time yet and knowing their effects would only complicate your already difficult task. Succeed in your journey and they will never be felt. Fail and it will already be too late."

“When you are ready to call upon the power of our bond, simply focus on the bond itself and you will find clarity. For now, it is time for you to return. It was a pleasure to finally meet you and share this experience.” Tanroa brushed away a stray tear from Ialari’s face. As she did, Ialari was surrounded by the watery sphere which receded as quickly as it had formed. When it did, Ialari was once more standing on the stone slab in the middle of the pool of water in her Dominion. Tanroa was gone. Sitting down on the stone, Ialari stared into the water and began to try and process everything she had just experienced.

Thread Total Word Count: 7,055
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on January 16th, 2022, 3:36 am

Thread Grade

Skills:

Dominion: 2
Observation: 5
Philosophy: 5

Lore:

Lore: The nature of Time's River
Lore: The nature of Time's Shore
Lore: Use of Treavery to travel back in time
Lore: Tanroa as the Goddess of Time
Lore: The existence of multiple realities across time
Lore: Insight into the deeper meaning of time
Lore: Being eaten alive
Lore: Perceiving alternate realities as they exist in intersecting points along Time's River
Lore: Dominion: Understanding that the Ukalas transforms those who spend too much time there
Lore: Perceiving time from the perspective of one who is marked by Tanroa
Lore: Time's Anchor
Lore: Correcting ripples in Time's River is needed to ensure that the river flows freely as it should
Lore: Existing in multiple realities at once is possible
Lore: Dying in multiple realities at once is possible

Gifts:

Tanroa's Mark
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous