Solo Newcomer to The Outpost

A new arrival to The Outpost makes some purchases

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies Xyna's Outpost, and her gift to Mizahar's people. It is a magical place full of potential and possibility where all can gather and exchange ideas and commerce.

Moderator: Gossamer

Newcomer to The Outpost

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on July 3rd, 2022, 8:10 pm

2nd of Summer, 522 A.V.

The Sykan Dovecote
Although it had really only been the first day that Rhydian had found himself as a resident of Syka, the Eypharian was already beginning to find himself quite alone without Lyel. Everything had felt so... off without her around. It was almost as though her disappearance had left a pit in his chest that simply couldn't find a way to be filled. It is for this very reason that Rhydian had found himself traversing throughout the land and would eventually come upon the Sykan Dovecote. This particular location was one that he hadn't really come to understand all that much but supposedly this was one of the most well visited locations within the settlement? He honestly couldn't be sure as to why but it was what it is. Now that he had found himself here, Rhydian was certain that he could come to understand exactly what it was about the place that had caught the eye of so many of the settlements inhabitants.

After having arrived at the dovecote, Rhydian would come upon the building and would take note of the countless birds that had flocked throughout it. Doves and Pigeons, if he hadn't been mistaken. While they had been beautiful birds, they hadn't quite seemed as though they were all that significant. After all, what was so special about these birds? "The door! The door! Open the door, walk-in, close it, wait, and than open the door again." Upon hearing a voice from above shout these things, Rhydian would begin to feel chills run down his spine. Since when could birds speak? And why had they been so adamant about him going through this door? Honestly, he couldn't quite understand why it was that he was here... but this was quite possibly a sign from the gods, right? Quite clearly it hadn't been but in his mind, that much had been the case. With that idea in his mind though, Rhydian would gulp a bit of his saliva down before following through with the directions that had been sent his way.

The Outpost Dovecote
Upon having opened the door again, as instructed, Rhydian's eyes would go wide in astonishment. From what he could tell, traversing through this doorway had been... some kind of traveling magic? Had he just gone through some kind of portal without even realizing it? The very thought had been uncomfortable enough for the Eypharian to take yet another gulp. Mixed in with that fear though had come a source of excitement! This was an entirely new experience to him and he couldn't help but wonder how things were going to transpire in this new location. Hopefully he would be able to get back to where he had come from once everything was wrapped up in this new land but in the meantime, he might as well enjoy the situation.

A wide smile brightening his face, Rhydian would walk from out of the dovecote and out towards the land before him. He had been prepared to move on without a second thought but would stop himself as the sound of footsteps could be heard from the side. Immediately swiveling around so that he could determine just what was coming towards him and where he had been, Rhydian's gaze would fall upon the only man that was likely able to assist him in this particular situation.

Word Count: 556
Total Word Count: 556

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Words: 132196
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2022, 12:19 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Newcomer to The Outpost

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on July 3rd, 2022, 8:33 pm

Just as his gaze had decidedly fallen upon the human male that had been approaching him, the gaze of the mans had fallen upon the Eypharian. It wasn't the first time that this human had seen such a man but it had certainly been interesting to have seen another newcomer find their way to The Outpost.

"Well hello there, friend, and welcome to The Outpost. A newcomer, I see?" The man that had spoken to Rhydian had been speaking in common and had seemed friendly enough. He didn't hold much reason not to speak with the human and as such, had chosen to simply reply to the questions that were being asked of him. Even if the man was being a bit presumptuous by referring to him as a friend. "R-right... I guess that you could call me that? Truth be told, I have no clue where this outpost is even located or how in the worlds it is that I managed to get here." An awkward bout of laughter had begun to escape the lips of the Eypharian as the human man would simply smile at him.

"Just as I thought. Well in that case, friend, allow for me to explain to you just where it is that you are. Before I get to that point though, my name is Paul Resan, just so you are aware. I am the birdkeeper of this here dovecote and well... You quite clearly came here from elsewhere. It is thanks to Xyna that you had managed to find yourself here, within the Outpost, and that you are able to come and meet me. She truly is a wonderful goddess. You have heard of Xyna, yes?"

Rhydian could already tell that this entire situation was going to stir up a pot of trouble for himself but he had chosen to remain quiet on that possible prospect. Rather than dwell on the fact that he hadn't quite known about her, the Eypharian would simply sway his head from side to side. "I see, I see. Well that it just too bad, now isn't it? Luckily for you, I know all about our wonderous goddess Xyna! It is she that is responsible for the creation and circulation of money, specifically the Rimmed Mizas in circulation universally around the known world! The Goddess of Money and Commerce is fueled by markets and trade, finding representation in all markets, bazaars, and gathering places. That is what brings you here after all~ For The Outpost is home to one of the most marvelous of marketplaces! There isn't much that you can't find here, if you catch my drift. This may be surprising to here but Xyna's symbols are the Miza, a dove, and of course dovecotes themselves. She is the one responsible for bringing you here to us today. I would recommend sending up a prayer to her and thanking her for benevolence when you get a chance."

Having shared his spiel about his beloved goddess, Paul would pull a map of The Outpost from out of one of his back pockets before handing it on over to the Eypharian. Still reeling from the spiel that was just offloaded onto him, Rhydian would subconsciously grab ahold of the map and allow for his attention to remain upon the birdkeeper. Over the course of the next several minutes, Paul would not only invite them to visit the Bazaar and to bring additional commerce and trade to the entire place, but also be sure to tell Rhydian of the market, how to get a booth or a business started in The Outpost. All in all, the conversation had actually been quite helpful to the Eypharian. Equipped with this information, Rhydian would begin to make his way out towards The Open Sky Bazaar.

Word Count: 632
Total Word Count: 1,188

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Newcomer to The Outpost

Postby Rhydian Lamoze on July 3rd, 2022, 8:48 pm

The Open Sky Bazaar
Given that he had currently found himself within the marketplace of this newfound location, Rhydian had decided to make the most of the situation. He had the gist of how he was going to be returning back home, after all, so he might as well try and enjoy his time here while he can. Trying to consider exactly what kind of things it is that he should try and acquire while here, Rhydian would wander about throughout each of the stalls. Eventually he would come upon a single stall that was selling specifically books though. The mere thought of reading had honestly kind of wore Rhydian down, given that he was mores o a visual learner than anything, but a book would likely provide some assistance in the matters of his training.

After several moments of deciding on what kind of books he should see if the vendor might have, the Eypharian would come to a decision. There were two books that he had found himself interested in at the moment. If he could find any books on swimming and the jungle than he would have a far easier time surviving back on Syka. With his swimming capabilities increased, it would be possible for him to do far better in his job as a Pearl Diver. In regards to the jungle though, that would most certainly assist him when it had come to situations pertaining to the Faylndar Region as a whole.

"Uh.. Excuse me? I was wondering if you possibly had any books on swimming... and perhaps on the jungle?" Finding a book on swimming had come quite easily to the vendor, given that this was the kind of skill that many people had needed. The book itself had been quite common and wouldn't cost more than seven gold, from what the merchant had been conveying. In regards to the book on the jungle though..? Given that the Jungle was practically specific to the Falyndar Region and that many people didn't really write about it out there, it was unlikely that such a book could be found here. Not wishing to lose a potential customer though, the merchant had decided to search around through some of her more premier stock. After several minutes, the merchant would come back to Rhydian with a bright smile on their face and would hold out their hand while requesting fifty seven gold mizars in exchange for the two books. Overall it was quite a steep price for one so new to working to pay.. but this was something that he had decided on doing. Not one to go back on something that he has told himself, Rhydian would smile in return to the vendor and exchange the required amount of coin for the books.

Syka Dovecote
Figuring that it would be best to further the economy of Syka now that he had made his purchases here, Rhydian would begin to head on back towards the dovecote. Repeating the process that the birds from before had spoke to him, Rhydian would step through the door way and wait for a breath before reopening the door and finding himself back in Syka. This entire trip... was one hell of an interesting one. Certainly one that he would be sure to keep in mind for any possible future trips. For now though? Well he was going to have to return to his new home at the Protea Inn for a good nights rest.

Word Count: 575
Total Word Count: 1,763

Rhydian Lamoze
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes