After the Hunt (Sam)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

After the Hunt (Sam)

Postby Dymphna on December 18th, 2010, 4:38 am

She smiled sweetly at him as she carefully put her sickle back to her hip. Her hands then moved to his face, cupping each cheek. A slender thumb went to rubbing his bottom lip as she peered at him. “I know you are, dearest one… You’re doing quite well, too.”

She then leaned in to kiss him, giving a tiny chuckle over the look on his face. Every new discovery she made about him caused her joy, and she wasn’t ignorant of that fact. With a tiny nod she said, “Of course.”
Dymphna
Player

Words: 79238
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2010, 7:53 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

After the Hunt (Sam)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on December 18th, 2010, 3:40 pm

Coloring slightly at the encouragement, the kisses, and everything, excited by the idea of what he was going to show her, it didn't occur to him to realize that her father would likely have titillated her with such shows since she was small enough to dandle on his knee, and even then he would have been more skilled than Sama'el. But like any boy with a new toy, he loved to show it off.

Opening himself up in that strange, internal way, he began to sense the lines of energy that were so omnipresent here. One of the first things Daed had shown him was how to make them visible to the naked eye for a short period of time, and this he began to do, reaching out at random to touch this line and that, stroking the air about them like he was playing an instrument, and he almost thought he could hear the lines vibrating like strings of gut or wrapped wire.

It would be a strange thing to travel farther away from Endrykas where the Web became more diffuse and rarefied. But for now he merely grinned like a child who had learned not to soil his nappies, though this was slightly more impressive, weaving a cocoon of light around them.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

After the Hunt (Sam)

Postby Dymphna on January 1st, 2011, 3:05 am

She stepped back to see what he wanted to show her. As the lines started to appear, a slow smile crept over her lips. It was a delighted, proud grin that didn’t stop at her mouth but traveled over her whole face until she simply glowed.

It never occurred to her that she’d seen this trick countless times. There was, of course, a certain amount of respect for what he was doing, but beyond that there was just excitement. Sam was Webbing! He was learning and able to Web! She gave a little gasp and clapped her hands together, threading her spindly fingers together to grasp at the other hand so she’d not go reaching out to throw her arms about him.

“Sam! That’s wonderful!” she cried out before she could stop herself.

It was wonderful because Webbing was a most Drykas art, and she knew that he needed to feel like one of them before. But there was, of course, the selfish want for him to get quite good at it. After all, she had designs of becoming the first wife to an Ankal… Though when she had developed that sort of desire was a mystery. Even one season before she had only cared about her plants and medicine…
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

After the Hunt (Sam)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 2nd, 2011, 6:57 am

His smile was bright, eyes and teeth flashing. Little snippets of thought and information came to him, humming along those lines, but he willed himself not to reach out to them, but only to strum each line to life and light for the amusement of his intended. Some might say it was a waste of power, or a foolish thing, but he had to practice to get better, and it seemed as beautiful a way to show respect for it as any, sharing that beauty with the one he, well, loved.

"It helps," he admitted, "to see it, to not have to take it only on faith that we are a part of something giant and wonderful... I'm glad I could show you, though we have your father to thank..."

Startled, he touched his finger to his chest. It sparked, then glowed as he moved his finger along the air from his heart to hers, showing her what appeared to be a new line linking the two of them. Had he put it there? Had Daed? Or was it merely a natural manifestation? He would have to ask.

"Huh."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After the Hunt (Sam)

Postby Dymphna on January 2nd, 2011, 8:26 am

“My father is a good man… We’re lucky to have him,” she said quietly. “We’re lucky to have it all. I can’t imagine ever being without it again.”

She didn’t speak much on her time away – At least that’s what she called it. And when she did, it seemed she seemed to focus more on how thankful she was that her life was as it was now.

Looking down, she saw what was happening. She blinked a few times. Her brown eyes started to fill with water before looking up at him. The smile only faltered for a moment, and then it burst forth stronger than before.

“Will you watch out for me always?” she asked in a tiny voice.
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

After the Hunt (Sam)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on January 2nd, 2011, 7:43 pm

Staring at her, he was a mirror of deer-in-the-torchlight surprise. His fingers were still touching her heart center, where many lines from the Web connected with people. Then he pinched his fingers at his own breastbone as if pulling something away. Charged as it was to appear to the naked eye, his djed came away in his fingers, stretching like an energetic skin as he wove it around the link between them, reinforcing it with his own energies as he had been taught.

A sweat broke out over his forehead and upper lip, his breath coming in shorter gasps. This was a lot more difficult than it looked, at least for an apprentice such as himself. By the time he brought his hands together at her breast, the link between them was thrumming in time with his heartbeat, brighter and more energized for the sacrifice of his energetic self. He had no way of knowing if she felt anything, but he certainly did: a new awareness of her.

"It won't... I won't be able to feel you if we are more than a hundred miles or so apart, but... I will always watch out for you, Dymphna Whitefeather. I love you."
Sama'el Sunsinger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

After the Hunt (Sam)

Postby Dymphna on January 3rd, 2011, 6:59 am

She let out a noise that was a half-stutter and half-laugh as she watched what he was doing. By this point she needed to rub at an eye with the heel of her hand to push the water collecting there away. She switched hands to wipe at the other eye as she peered down at the threads connecting them now.

Could she feel the connection? It was hard to say. She thought she did, but she was also aware enough of herself to know that every once in a while she was prone to flights of fancy.

Glancing up, she noticed the sweat beginning to collect on him, and a bit of concern bristled up. Of course, she trusted him to know his own limits. But at the same time, she’d seen those that had walked into the Web and never came back. As far as she could tell, he was no where near that point, but she worried all the same.

She sniffled a little, smiling at his words, even as her hand came up again to gently wrap her fingers about his wrist. Her other hand smoothed his palm over her heart as she looked up at him again, stepping in to close the distance between them.

“I love you, too, Sama’el,” she whispered. “Thank you.”
Dymphna
Player

Character sheet

After the Hunt (Sam)

Postby Mixcoatl on January 29th, 2011, 1:27 am

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Dymphna

Experience
+2 Weapon: Sickle

Lore
Upholding Family Honor
Delivering Unvirtuous Kisses
Picking Apart a Man's Words
Admitting Love and Affection
Searching for Reassurance

Sama'el

Experience
+2 Weapon: Scimitar
+1 Webbing

Lore
Missing and Stumbling
Wrestling. Uncleanly. Or At Least Hinting At It.
Saving Face by Moving Hips
Admitting Love and Affection
Providing Reassurance

Additional Notes: HAHAHAHAYOUSAIDPENIS.

Cute thread I enjoyed reading it. Even if you did say penis. And joked about stripping.

Now, standard stuff about PMing me... You're both mods! You know the drill! *Throws candy at you both*

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous