The Flying Machine. [Flashback]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

The Flying Machine. [Flashback]

Postby Sari Nasuadin on January 30th, 2011, 5:02 am

Day 15 of Summer 509.

The wind rushed past Sari, whipping her rusty red hair back with a vicious spite. She wore her usual clothing, her vinati top with the brilliant shades of green, and her pair of split pants, which were the dark color black. The sun hung high in the sky, spreading warmth through Sari, and the roar of the Katshika falls drumming through her ears. The spray was assaulting Sari, even with her distance from the falls. Beneath her feet was a steady rock ledge, tapering off about 5 feet to reveal a several hundred foot drop.

Sari put her hands on her hips, and said, "Impossible. Utterly Impossible, Kenith." She was shaking her head, the waterfall drowning out her words to anyone except for the man standing next to her. He had jet-black hair, which was closely cut. His eyes were a dark blue, although they seemed to shimmer to a green or even red. On his face was a wide smile, revealing straight, white teeth, with slightly dark skin. His body was covered in furred clothing, and his feet in dark leather boots. It amazed Sari on how the man found it a comfortable temperature with that heavy choice of apparel. On his hip was a belt with a large buckle, on which a small sheath was attached, the hilt of a dagger protruding from the top. This man, Kenith, was obviously not an Inarta, he was a visitor for the summer. In fact, he was a Vantha, from the snowy reaches of their own city. On his visit, he had befriended Sari, and told her about his many 'ideas.'

Sari thought they were complex plans to get him killed. She uncrossed her arms, and said, "What if it.. breaks? What will you do then? You will plummet," She made a motion with her hand to indicate falling, "and die."
Kenith laughed, and said, "It is designed to... Manipulate the wind. The wind will act as a lift for my invention, and I will defy gravity!" The man jabbed a fist in the air, a sort of insane look on his face that all geniuses sometimes have.

Sari shook her head, saying, "It is too risky, what if this... 'Flying Machine' not work like you planned?" She was about to continue, but was interrupted by Kenith, as he replies, "It worked perfectly with my smaller flying machines." He put a hand into his pocket, pulling out something that looked like a miniature bat. The small object had wings, about 5 inches long, which were attached to a frame, where a small piece of twine was supposed to represent a belt that attached the user to the machine, a triangle shaped handlebar, jutting out the bottom of the frame, which Kenith explained was to help 'pilot' the machine. At the back of the frame, another triangle shaped object, smaller than the miniature handlebar, was supposed to support your feet. With a swift motion, Kenith jerked his hand forward, throwing the small toy into the air. It traveled upwards for a second, then started to stoop downwards, technically 'flying' out towards the empty space, until it was out of sight, to which Sari guessed it was still in the air.

"The small idea works," Sari said grudgingly, but continued, "But with the bigger version, the added weight could make it drop, again, like a stone, or one of those wings could snap off." Kenith said, "I have this COMPLETELY figured out. Trust me." And with those words, he turned away, walking towards the lakes, several Inarta gawking at him, as visitors were not too common in Wind Reach, especially not up on the lakes. Sari said, "His stupid ideas of flight." and kicked a large stone, and it skittered over the rock face, eventually falling off the edge. Falling like a stone. She thought.
"Once you have tasted flight, your eyes remain pointed toward the sky,
for there you have been, and for there you long to go."

My Character Sheet.
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic6822.html
Sari Nasuadin
Player

Words: 8226
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2011, 1:38 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet