Inquiry about Ghosts

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Inquiry about Ghosts

Postby Malyc Traive on January 30th, 2011, 7:22 am

Hello everyone,
I just started playing here, but a few facts still escape me. Before I began, I did quite a bit of research to determine if this site suited my needs, such as creativity and uniqueness. The style of play piqued my interest, obviously, especially about Afterlife role playing and Mixed Blood role playing. The information provided about Ghosts indicates that with a high enough level of materialization, they can maintain a constant state of solidity. If this method is utilized, they could engage in sex, and if that proves true, they could produce an offspring. My questions are these:
Is it possible for a ghost to produce an offspring using that information?
What traits, if it is possible, would the Ghost Mixed Blood carry?
If someone could shed light on these subjects, or elaborate further on this hybrid breed, I would greatly appreciate it.
My soul is black. I am the embodiment of fear, amorality, and death. I am the twisted offspring of darkness. I value power and will acquire it at any cost be it through a pool of blood or wall of bodies. I am the stale air that fills your lungs, the creeping dread that kills your courage, the watchful eyes that view your heart and long to devour it. Bide your time well, I come for you.
Malyc Traive
Player

Words: 380
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2011, 6:22 am
Race: Mixed blood

Inquiry about Ghosts

Postby Siiri on January 30th, 2011, 9:35 am

I don't think this is possible. While a ghost can remain corporeal long enough to try and procreate, their physical manifestations do not have the organs necessary to conceive/fertilize their partner.

I could be wrong. Founder input, please?
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Inquiry about Ghosts

Postby Tarot on January 30th, 2011, 9:47 am

Siiri is right. No half-ghosts. Materialization makes the ghost LOOK and FEEL tangible, but doesn't mean that the ghost IS actually alive or capable of reproduction, sorry.
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Inquiry about Ghosts

Postby Malyc Traive on January 30th, 2011, 10:05 am

Ah, that is why I asked. As for the organs required to live, technically they could be received from the non ghost party.
Thank you for the information nonetheless. It would have been a nice topic to touch upon in a role play, but alas, evidently is impossible.
My soul is black. I am the embodiment of fear, amorality, and death. I am the twisted offspring of darkness. I value power and will acquire it at any cost be it through a pool of blood or wall of bodies. I am the stale air that fills your lungs, the creeping dread that kills your courage, the watchful eyes that view your heart and long to devour it. Bide your time well, I come for you.
Malyc Traive
Player

Words: 380
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2011, 6:22 am
Race: Mixed blood