A thief's dream [Sari_Nasuadin]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Red Daghul on January 16th, 2011, 11:08 pm

day 23 of winter 510

A bright amber light burned in the distance like a fire with no heat. Around the light a figure of a bird flew round and round like a hawk circling it's prey. The bird was a thing of beauty and grace with each movement it reminded the watcher of it's power. Red stood in a area black and dark the only light the amber glow in front of him. "Im dreaming" he said, for he had had this dream time and time again.

"yes we are" came a voice and next to Red the eagle stood. Together they were something more the Red or Daghul ever were alone they were Endal.
"what does it mean?" Red asked to Daghul who turned his head towards the Inarta and answered "I don't know" they both stared on. The amber light began to shake and then the light erupted and all was gone.

Red awoke with a start his heart beating as sweat dripped down his face, and the memory of the dream played back in his head. This dream had come to him over and over, and he still could not understand it. A few times he and Daghul had talked about it, but nothing became clear. Standing to his feet Red started to dress for the day, last night he had been asked to go talk to a woman who claimed someone had stolen from her.

Red was sore and tired from his last adventure of this winter, the snow was starting to get to him, so he was glad for a job that kept him in the reach. Buckling his Talon sword across his bare back he moved towards the exit. Dressed in a loose fit black clothe pants and boots he felt at home once again, and he quickly sent word to Daghul that it was time to go.

Daghul sored down from his high loft and landed infront of Red "you always have to have the graceful entrance don't you" the bird let out a screech that Red took as a sarcastic yes. Shaking his head Red climbed up on the bird and gave the go to leave.

Daghul leapt off the cliff and sored down towards the ground neither of them knowing what was in store for them. Meanwhile Red went through what he knew about his current mission, which was little other then he was to meet the woman at the commons before noon.
Red Daghul
Endal

Words: 161213
Joined roleplay: November 17th, 2010, 2:08 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sari Nasuadin on January 17th, 2011, 12:59 pm

Many people swarmed over the commons, bumping into Sari, and nearly knocking her over at times, some with nary a said word. Sari recalled yesterday's events.. Her heirloom bow that had been her grandfather's was stolen. And she was not the only one, listening in on the conversations. Sari had her rusty red hair adorned in fine glass beads interwoven into it, with strips of a fine cloth interwoven into it. She wore her usual vinati, and split pants today, along with a pair of ankle-high leather boots. On her back sat, funnily enough, a quiver of arrows, and her longspear, which was an unusual weapon choice for an Inarta. Though Sari liked the idea of the reach from her weapon, putting more distance between her and an enemy, although she was ill-trained for it.

Sari located a bench that held no-one on it, so she walked over, and sat down, as Nianii gave a loud shriek of protest on her shoulder. Unfortunately, Sari had to keep Nianii hooded due to being in public, as she could soar off and take off the unwilling family pet, or cause something else that would end badly for both.

Where is he? Sari wondered mildly, as she leaned her spear on the bench's armrest, and sat back a bit, scanning the crowd. It was a pleasant day, but Sari was still upset on how she had her bow stolen. She was not even fast enough to turn and look, or attack the thief, before he was off. He must of had amazing dexterity and agility... Sari thought, tapping a finger on her leg. She did not wish to be impatient, but she wanted to get her bow back before it was sold into the black market underworld. Sari had no way into getting in there, so once it was gone, it was gone, unless by a miracle her bow surfaces again.
"Once you have tasted flight, your eyes remain pointed toward the sky,
for there you have been, and for there you long to go."

My Character Sheet.
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic6822.html
Sari Nasuadin
Player

Words: 8226
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2011, 1:38 am
Character sheet

Postby Red Daghul on January 17th, 2011, 10:44 pm

Red dropped to his feet from his spot on Daghul who as soon as he was off leapt back into the sky to keep watch. The Endal gave a nodd of thanks then turned on swift feet towards the commons area so he could meet this inarta who had reported the crime. Red had his own ideas of who had commited this act, for it was not odd for a dek to at times steal. The fact that they did it this open was odd, or then again maybe it was someone new to the game. Either way Red was going to get to the bottom of it.

Moving through the crowds most knew to get out of the way of the Endal, and if they were unsure of who he was his Talon sword gave them enough warning. Red held a even face as he walked his eyes watching around him scanning for signs of this girl. In his mind he was going through the description, a girl about 5'10" with red rusty shoulder length hair, blue eyes, and was fit... "fit" the female Endal that was explaining it to him had been vauge on her weight, women....

Red soon reached the area that he had been told to meet the girl and began sweeping the area with his eyes in search. Even though Red was glad to be back in the reach doing something that did not have a ton of snow around him he did not really like being around all these people at once. Red was kinda lost in thought, so he did not notice that he was staring at a girl sitting on a bench seeming to be looking for someone.

Red was just about to ask himself who she was waiting for when it hit him. She was waiting for him she fit the discription he was given, but that hardly did her justice. Shaking his head out of his zoned out state he quickly made his way over to her "Sari Nasuadin?" his voice was gentle, but still held a sense of authority. Red's eyes rested on her's as he introduced himself "I am Red Daghul, Endal of wind reach, you requested help in finding someone who stole something from you?" Red was unsure on what was stolen, but was sure it was important.
Red Daghul
Endal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sari Nasuadin on January 26th, 2011, 1:59 am

((Hey, Sorry I have been off for so long.. Bad things happened over here and had to take care of them. But I am back, :) ))

Sari noticed a man who seemed to be staring at her in the crowd. She wondered if this was the wind rider who was to help her? The man stepped out of the crowd, heading for her, and Sari guessed it probably was. She stood up, leaving her spear and quiver resting on the bench, and listened politely to the Endal-- Red, the Endal,-- speak.

When he finished, she said, "Yes, I am Sari." She brushed an irksome piece of hair out from her eye and behind her ear, and continued, "And yes, I do require help... See, Someone stole my bow, but the thing is, it is a very... ornate bow of my grandfathers, given to me when I was 7 years old." Sari took a breath, and Nianii gave an unhelpful screech, ruffling his feathers.

Sari continued, ignoring her falcon, "I was walking not far from here to go buy a set of arrows, when, I swear, I felt a tugging at my back, and when I turned around to try and identify the thief, my bow was gone and I saw a figure just turn a corner..." She took a sigh, and said, "I fear that they might sell the bow into the black markets.. It will then never be found."

My Character Sheet.
Sari Nasuadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Red Daghul on January 26th, 2011, 11:23 pm

[no problem]

Red listened to the maiden's story about the thief and about the stolen bow. It was not what he was hoping for as far as information went, but it would have to do. With no face or name just a direction to head he could no shake the feeling of doubt. "Sari. can you show me where this happened?" Red tried to be gentle as he put himself in her shoes, for Red had been given something dear to him by his late parents. Feeling the ring on his finger he knew he wanted to help the girl the best he could.

Looking around the crowds in a sweeping glance before looking back to Sari he noted that it was going to be hard to find any one here, but if he knew anything about the Dek is that they would want to get away from here with anything stolen. Plus if the bow was as special as she said then it would be hard to sell with out someone else hearing about it. At this there was some hope.
Red Daghul
Endal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sari Nasuadin on January 30th, 2011, 3:05 am

as Red listened to her story, Sari realized he was trying to disguise his frustration, as her lack of details must surely be irksome, but what else could she do? It literally happened as quick as a blink... But then again, If I cannot describe the robber, My bow might not be found.. Sari felt a flash of fear, then silently berated herself for acting foolish. It will be found... She thought.

Sari listened to Red's reply, and she said, "It happened over there, about a hundred yards away." As she said it, she pointed toward where the crowd was thickest. One thing, is that someone might have a record of such a large transaction. If someone sold my bow, it would be for a hundred gold mizas or more..

My Character Sheet.
Sari Nasuadin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Red Daghul on January 31st, 2011, 4:42 am

Red took a deep breath as Sari pointed to a mass of crowds moving quickly to reach their destination. Stepping back Red started to scan the area trying hard to recreate what happened in his mind, and noting things that may point to a clue to where the thief went. The dust on the ground was kept in constant motion making it look as if there was a veil upon the ground. All tracks left by the thief were long since removed, and with that any one who might have seen the act long gone.

It would take days to talk to everyone who might have been with in the area at that time, and that time is what they lacked. Forcing his mind deeper into that of the thief's he drew upon Daghul's thoughts on the mater as well. WIth the eagles point of view Red began to get a clearer picture of the surroundings, and with it a better idea of the thief's plan.

The Dek who committed this crime, for it had to be a Dek no other Inarta would seep that low, would want to be out of eye sight quickly after the act. There were three small ally like exits, and then the two main exit ways. It would seem silly for one who just committed a crime to try and slip through a main exit even with a crowd like this, one of the alleys .

Looking back at Sari staring into her eyes she seemed worried about the bow. Red could relate he assumed and he wanted to help her, so with out another thought he gave a small smile and said in a gentle and kind voice "well, I won't sugar coat this we have some work to do, but I think I may have a lead" he said as he motioned for her to follow.

"Daghul, I want you to watch what you can for the bow, I doubt that they will be that bold... but you never know" Red sent to Daghul through his mind, and Daghul let out a screech to approve of the plan.

Red head towards the first ally it was going to be a long shot, but he would have to check each if he was going to find a clue to where the Dek went "keep your eyes open, this is where we enter the darker side of Wind reach" with that he went to studying the ally.
Red Daghul
Endal

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets