Web Banners for Exchanges

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Postby Gossamer on August 7th, 2009, 6:25 pm

Hey Guys -

I got drafted to make some smallish web banners for banner exchanges throughout the net. Here's what I came up with. I have to admit though that I'm feeling lame, uninspired, bloated... oh wait, thats probably too much information... anyhow, feedback appreciated, suggestions more than welcome ... and tell me if you like anything here? I started out sticking with our color theme, but my love of blue overwhelmed me (plus I think it looks striking) so basically anything can be changed colorwise, and I have all the banners saved on PSD docs so if something is misspelled or needs tweaked we can fix it. I kinda like 1 (bigger Mizahar needed), 3, 5, and 6.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Re: Web Banners for Exchanges

Postby Voreasos Alisier on August 7th, 2009, 6:32 pm

I like them ^_^

I do like the different colors and the flames one is cute, don't really see any need to change things.

Kudos to you :)
Mizahar- An utopia for writers

Mizahar- Where dreams are tangible
Voreasos Alisier
Player

Words: 32930
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2009, 6:48 am
Blog: View Blog (8)
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Stitch on February 4th, 2010, 4:58 am

For a little extra information, if any of you guys ever want to use one of these images on other forums you frequent as signatures, here is a code that will allow people to click the image, and be linked to Mizahar. This is bbcode, and I will link other versions as I get them, if needed. If you want to use a different kind of banner, just replace the .jpg link in the code with the .jpg link of the banner you wish to use. You can find this by right-clicking on the banner, and clicking properties, or copy image location/link. It varies from web browser to browser.

Code: Select all
[url=http://mizahar.com][img]http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr8/Centaurheart/Banner/banner1.jpg[/img][/url]
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 4th, 2010, 8:44 pm

When we first opened, Tarot tried banner exchanges. We found out that most of them were ran by people that cheated to get more views. And when the players started wandering in who clicked on the banners, we almost immediately took them down!

Thanks for the code, Stitch, but I don't think we'll be using it any time soon. I think almost everyone agrees the PCs that have stopped by and created after finding us on Google or other rpg top sites are absolute loves and we're really happy with them as new writing buddies! If you notice, this thread was from back in august!
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Stitch on February 4th, 2010, 9:05 pm

Alright! I know I frequent a few advertising forums that require you to exchange banners and the such, but don't have any rules about advertising in your signature... So I came up with this as a thing to share, with anyone else here who goes to other forums! The code is meant to be put into the signature of the account you post with on another forum, not used in a banner exchange.

In my experience, you are right, banner exchanges are bad. >_>;

Also, I have found these banners to still be helpful! When submitting the site to a free directory or to a top sites list, some of them allow you to put up graphics, and it is nice to be able to come here and use one of these images.

They are quite pretty, and look nice.
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby AustinCarent on January 31st, 2011, 7:13 am

Thanks for your sharing. I think you're right. It looks very useful__________________________
Last edited by AustinCarent on March 3rd, 2011, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
AustinCarent
Player

Words: 1874
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2010, 8:06 am

Postby Triniel on January 31st, 2011, 7:26 am

I like #'s 1,3,6,10

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508