It's a Good Day to Die. [Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 15th, 2010, 6:41 am

Day 71st of Winter, AV 510 - Night

The fire burned steadily over the fire pit of wood and stone. The golden red glow radiated the area in the vicinity of the fire's core. Eldon himself took on a more sinister, demonic appearance with that fiery hue blanketing over his sunkissed-tan complexion. His dark brown eyes were morphed into that of solid black in the encroaching darkness of the hastily approaching night. The smell of smoke, that of wood burning, filled the young man's nostrils and left naught but a pleasurable incense that Eldon would never grow tired of. Eldon's lips lifted into a content smile as the warmth of the fire continued to eat away at the chill that was inevitable.

Eldon didn't want to sleep for that would snatch away the beautiful moment he was happily drowning in. The fire, so warm, so inviting, so bright. The Sea of Grass was a dark place at that time, and if it wasn't for the cloudless sky and the bright deep blue ocean that floated over his head with countless glittering stars to snatch his attention, he may have never looked away from the fire itself. 'This...' Eldon thought to himself, 'this is what it is like to be child again. No worries about whether or not we have food stored for the next day. No worries over water or webbing or fearing those ever present monsters that lurk and stalk without fear or remorse. If I was to die tonight, I couldn't imagine in any life to come, could I be happier than this.' Eldon smiled softly as his eyes, darkened by the red glow and dark night, wandered without destination into the fire.

"You look happy Eldon." Eldon looked past the fire to the shadowed figure beyond. It was his father. The old man, Eldon could have sworn, retired to slumber long ago. Apparently he was mistaken. Eldon nodded lightly, he didn't know what to say, he didn't know why anything had to be said. His father was right, he was happy. "You know that's all I ever wanted for you and your siblings. To be happy. I'd be thrilled to have grandchildren, and I would give almost anything for a chance to save your brothers or find a cure for your sister. I can't though. I would even let myself die if it meant I could bring my children happiness."

Eldon spoke up, cutting his father's speech short. "Don't talk like that. I'd be lost without you." A heavy silence engulfed the night, only breaking to the soft crackling of the fire. Eldon was again drawn into it, yet the fire now couldn't comfort him from the lingering images his father put in his head. Death, his father's death. How was Eldon supposed to allow his father to die? He still needed him for so much. Eldon was a man now, has been for years now, yet he still felt dependent on those old strong hands. There was so much he needed to learn from his father before he could die. Eldon looked back across the fire to the lounging shadowed body on the other side. He was settling down for sleep again. "What about mother?" Eldon scarcely realized it was he himself that spoke when he heard the question. Twenty-four years and never once had he asked about his deceased mother, yet there was something on that night that was nagging at him, he had to know. "I killed her, didn't I?"

Eldon listened for a long moment, a moment that felt as long as a full day. He listened, waited, fearing more and more as his father pondered the words before speaking. "Of course you didn't. She was sick, but she wanted another child. She was obsessed with you even before we were trying to bring you to life. 'Eldon' she said, 'I want my son to be named Eldon.' It was her brother's name, her baby brother. She lost him when he was nineteen, and she always felt that you were the only acceptable replacement he deserved. You were her favorite, and she never even got to lay eyes on you." The old Drykas's voice was quivering faintly as he told about his deceased wife, his only wife he ever took or loved. Eldon lowered his head, guilty that he brought cruel memories about his father's head, yet he couldn't apologize, he needed to know, and he was glad now that he did.
Last edited by Eldon Sunkiss on December 18th, 2010, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Words: 240265
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2010, 2:09 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 18th, 2010, 4:48 am

The night grew silent once more as his father rolled over, this time really slipping into sleep. His father's faithful watch dog could be heard nearby, sniffing and rustling the grass somewhere behind Eldon. Another cool winter breeze rolled by, briefing giving Eldon chills before the fire once again returned his comfort. It was time to get some rest. They had a big day tomorrow.

- - - - -
Day 72nd of Winter

Eldon was snatched from his sleep with a startled gasp as he heard a sound, something wasn't right with the sound, but his mind was still so tired and used to his deep slumber that it didn't seem to match anything he was used to. He glanced around, his eyes groping through the darkness of the early morning as they tried to see something, anything. He snarled lightly as he sat up, his body wavered under the effects of drowsiness. "Eldon! Get up!" Eldon's eyes flickered anxiously as he glanced around. The smoldering ashes, the very small hint of sunlight over the horizon, and his father. He was already on his strider, his bow and an arrow gripped tightly in one hand as he scanned the area through winced eyes. Eldon knew instantly that something was very wrong. "Yakn is gone." Yakn, Eldon's father's dog was nearly fifteen years old, but was the best watchdog he had ever seen.

Eldon jumped up and started gathering his gear, he slept in his clothing so that part was already taken care of. He scrambled around, grabbing his hand axes and spear and jogged over to Vanah, his own strider. "Yakn? Where would he go? He's never run off before." Eldon climbed up the yvas on Vanah's back and situated him, for a moment, he locked eyes with his father.

"He's gone." Eldon froze for a moment, that sound that roused him, it seemed so unfamiliar when he heard it, but now that he recalled it, he realized that it was Yakn squealing in pain, but it was far away. "We ride for Endrykas, now. It was somewhere over there that Yakn cried out, something lured him away from us." Eldon and his father started riding away from Yakn, even though that was the direction towards their roaming city. They needed a detour to avoid as much trouble as they could.

"Glassbeaks?"

Eldon and his father were riding hard now, the sky was beginning to obtain an orange tint as Syna was taking the heavens above them. "No, this is something different. Something almost human." Eldon felt another chill infect his body at the sound of that. Something human, or almost human. He wasn't sure if his father meant it literally wasn't human, or perhaps it was human that was a bit... inhumane. Zith or Savages, neither was exactly what he wanted to deal with.

But how often did the Sea of Grass obey those that tried to tame it? Eldon heard the faint sounds of something in the air, whistling for a single moment before it vanished. The sound confused him, but when he realized the sound happened again, and again, he knew that he wasn't alone. He and his father were being ambushed! "Fath-!" Eldon was about to scream out to his father when a coolness struck him in the chest. His eyes looked down to see the bolt from a crossbow poking our, he could only imagine it was the same through his back. He looked up to his father, who was already riding over to him, but it was no use, Eldon collapsed, rolling off of Vanah's back and hitting the dirt with a roll, breaking the bolt as he hit. His world turned black in mere moments.
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 18th, 2010, 5:20 am

Day 72nd of Winter - Afternoon

Eldon coughed weakly as he lifted his head, his vision was black as if his eyes were closed, even when he opened them. He grunted lightly, it took him a few moments to realize that there was some cloth wrapped around his head, somewhat like a turban, that more or less mummified his entire head. His eyes, mouth, and even the top of his cranium was bandaged with this linen. The cloth wasn't so tight that it cut off circulation or suffocated his mouth, it was fairly thin, but it was tied so that he couldn't see. Eldon didn't bother trying to move even though his shoulders were torqued at such an angle that he thought they might snap right off at any moment. His hands were bound together, but it was more than just his hands, his arms were tied by the elbows, behind his back.

"Shush now, don't struggle. You can't get out of here." Eldon's head perked up lightly as he heard a voice, a soft soprano voice, he wasn't familiar with the language, common as Common may be, but the tone itself was almost a comfort. "They've taken you captive. I don't mean to scare you, but you're probably lunch here in several days. No, no, no, don't move, you'll open that hole in you again. I just got out the two fragments. I don't think it hit anything vital." The girl continued to chat away in the Common language, Eldon listened, trying his best to decipher what she was saying, but it was all in vain, he knew Pavi, nothing else. The girl stopped talking for a moment, pausing perhaps to give Eldon a chance to talk.

"What happened to my father?" Eldon questioned in the Drykas's Natural language, his question would be in vain if she was strictly foreign in speech. Eldon could only sit there in that black void as he listened through the loosely packed cloth around his head. She pondered a moment, tapping her finger against her chin, a motion Eldon could neither see nor hear.

"You're one of those Drykas people. Why didn't I think of that in the first place." The woman chuckled lightly as Eldon nodded when he heard the word 'Drykas', it was one of those words that was not changed over different languages. She tried again in Pavi, which was obviously lacking. "You... you uh. You yes Drykas? Drykas take... take Sea of Grass. Zith..." She fell silent again, most likely stumbling over the word she was searching for, and instead lightly tapped Eldon's eyes underneath the cloth. Eldon spoke.

"Eyes? See? Watched?"

"See, eyes see yes. Zith see you sleeping. Take you." Eldon sighed heavily, he knew what she was trying to say. The Zith bastards had stalked he and his father, slaughtered their dog in the night, and came back for them once the dog was taken care of. Eldon was surprised to find out that Zith had the capability to use weaponry, and was pained (literally and emotionally) to find this out in person. The aching in his stomach was a reminder that he was, most likely, going to feel that for a long time to come, assuming he survived for a long enough time to experience it. "You eat. Zith eat you." Eldon's face, though wrapped, instantly lost all its color as he heard what the woman had said. He was to be food. How horrifying. Eldon took back those foolish thoughts he imagined earlier about being okay with dying. He was not okay with dying, not like this, not as a side dish to a winged monster.

"Help me." Eldon knew she was untied, she had touched him, he heard the sounds of her hands occasionally as she clapped softly, she wasn't a Zith either, she said 'they' and 'them' too much to include herself amongst them. Why was she here? Why didn't she help him?

"No. You will die."
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 19th, 2010, 10:58 pm

Eldon sat there in silence as the woman's words soaked in ever slowly through the Drykas's head. She was his only way out of here and she was seriously going to condemn him to those monsters? It seemed too unreal. Even if she wasn't human, who besides a Zith would actually leave someone to die to one? "Please, untie these ropes, I can free us. I'll take you with me to Endrykas, you'll be safe there. They won't hurt you there, they can't. Please, help me and I can help you." Eldon knew his voice was drenched in panic, but it didn't matter, he was desperate to get out. The woman was silent for a long moment as she tried to comprehend what he was saying, since her limitation with the language and his hasty speaking worked together and against Eldon's cause. She shook her head, again a motion was went unseen by the sight inhibited Drykas.

"Cannot. He not hurt me." Eldon lowered his head, then felt a cool hand on his cheek on the other side of the cloth. Gently, slowly, she began to unwrap the fold that had blinded him. It was not needed anymore that he was situated where they wanted him. Eldon winced as the fold was removed, expected to be stunned by the brightness, but he was shocked to find the cavern system he was in was actually quite dark. Only a single torch burned weakly some meters away from them. Eldon looked at the girl sitting in front of him. She was beautiful in a sense, he could tell she would be the type of woman every man would want, except that her face was covered in fresh gashes and cuts, one eye was milky white, undoubtedly blind from some sort of abuse she had received. She must have been here a long time, enslaved by these things. Eldon could only stare in horror as he looked upon her, but she didn't remark on the rudeness, she seemed to have lost all dignity long ago. Eldon followed her arm down to her hand, resting gently on her very large, plump, stomach. She was pregnant!

Eldon felt sick.

He understood now what she meant. She wouldn't be able to run, or ride, not in this state. She had bastard Zith babes in her body, and by the looks of it, she would be giving birth to those furry freaks in a matter of days. What could Eldon say in that situation, he literally had nothing to offer in return for her giving him freedom. She had, along with her dignity, lost almost all her humanity. "Zith child soon. He protect feed me until child comes." Eldon guessed that she would either be used once again, raped mercilessly by the Zith, or devoured by the children themselves. Eldon didn't want to think about it, and even the thought of normal edible food made him want to vomit. Eldon shook his head violently, he wanted to scream and kick the woman in the stomach with his free legs and all his might, but what would that do for him? Nothing, perhaps, except make him feel significantly better. The thought of kicking this innocent girl so hard that her bastard offspring were dead on arrival tickled his imagination. It would be a preemptive sort of vengeance.

"How long have you been here?" Eldon calmed himself enough to simply talk, and the woman, who seemed lost in that enormous belly of her, almost flinched as she looked up at him in surprise. She must not have heard many captives simply chat. Eldon could imagine why.

Four." The girl held up four fingers, only leaving out the thumb, as she nodded slowly. For days? No, that wasn't possible. If she was this pregnant with children, four seasons was possible, but it seemed odd not to call it a year. Surely it wasn't four years! Eldon watched her as he waited for clarification, but she apparently didn't know Pavi for 'Years', or whatever word she was thinking of. Eldon sighed heavily, he couldn't imagine just how terrible this experience would have been for her. "Not human not anymore, no." She lowered her head, for once showing some sort of sincere and genuine emotion.

Eldon, feeling uneasy, had to ask. "How old are you?" Eldon watched as she lifted her head, unsure of what he said. Eldon cursed lightly under his breath as he tried another way to say it. "Age, your age. What is your age. How many years you live? How many winters? Age..." Eldon sputtered various attempts to communicate, and for a moment she pondered, then nodded in a weak understanding.

"Fifteen." Eldon choked for a moment, his breathing took many seconds to return to him. This girl was a child, pregnant with what appeared to be at least two offspring. He'd be surprised if she lived through this birth at all. He didn't know what birth was like (obviously), but he couldn't imagine that anyone would be willing to die for a rapist monster's offspring.

"I am fifteen."
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on December 21st, 2010, 12:11 am

"Fifteen. Eldon repeated her age to himself in an almost dazed whisper. It seemed so unreal for someone to go through such hardships so early in life. Even his cousin Sam may be beat by this young girl's story. He thought for a moment as he continued to watch her, and she did the same to him. Her deep green eye was stunning, and even though half of her face was so badly injured that it was frightening to look upon, Eldon could still see the lingering physical beauty there, what she could have been, perhaps what she could still partially be if she escaped. Escape though, it seemed surreal at this point, how unlikely, impossible even, it appeared to be. "It's terrible to lose your innocence at such a young age, especially like this." Eldon bit his bottom lip as he felt his face heating up. There was some latent rage inside him that wanted to tear the ropes off just so he could proceed with removing the Zith's head from its shoulders. Taking his axes, wherever they might have been, and embedding them into the winged beast's chest over and over. He roused himself from his little imagination as she shook her head.

"I never got to love someone." She spoke, her voice was quieter and more fragile than usual, her gaze lowered back down to that bulging belly of hers. Eldon sighed, he knew how she felt, well, at least a tiny bit so. He had yet to find a wife or somebody to love, even if marriage wasn't involved, he would have enjoyed such a relationship.

"I know what you mean. I guess we're both going to die without that-" Eldon's eyes grew to the size of the moon and sun that instant, the young girl, a mere fifteen years of age, grabbed Eldon's head and pushed her lips directly onto his. She was inexperienced with the kiss, not that Eldon was some Master-of-Making-Out, but he knew from the moment they touched that this was wrong. Deeply and unmistakably wrong. Eldon tried to lean back away from her, but his head was already firmly pressed to a wooden pole that kept him bound where he was. He even tried to shake to the right and left, but her hands held on with the frenzied might of a desperate girl. This went on for, what Eldon believed, five full five minutes before she pulled away a little. She was panting, her face red with embarrassment and exhilaration, his own was stunned, frozen in place with his mouth lightly open, smeared in the girl's saliva. What could he say? What could anybody think to say in a moment like that? He was bound and mildly molested by a girl that was far too young, and to top it off, he was meant to be lunch for a Zith, and probably this human girl as well.

"I no want Zith childs." She sputtered at last as she stood up and briskly walked out of the room, if such a hole in some cave system could be called that. Eldon dropped his head, wishing dearly to wipe his face clean, to bathe inside and out to cleanse away this feeling of disgust. He knew there was nothing he could do, but he felt like he violated her somehow.

"Oh my Gods, please forgive me." Eldon groaned. The girl returned shortly, Eldon half expected her to either walk in and tear his clothing apart, or execute him. However, when Eldon looked up at her, he saw something that did more than spark a hint of hope in his spirit. She held his spear and both throwing axes. She meant to arm him? That must have meant she intended to free him! Eldon smiled weakly, realizing now how famished he was. Fighting a strong Zith would be difficult if he was home and watching for any fleeing prisoners. If he was out hunting though, Eldon might escape with ease. He looked over to the girl again as she stood there, hesitant. She and Eldon were questioning the same thing. What would happen to her when he left?
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on January 5th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Eldon found himself almost flying down the side of the mountain as his legs pumped with some sort of substance that somewhat resembled battery acid or liquid fire. His feet nimbly carried him over the large boulders that coul have stood in his path. Both he and the girl knew that she could not be taken with him, he was nearly powerless as he was, despite having his weaponry once again returned to him. He had no horse, Vanah was most likely in Endrykas once again, she was smart enough to know that Eldon expected her there. When he came back, if he did, she knew he would look for her there. Thank Caiyha for that. Eldon found that his rapid descent was quickly paid off, the cave he was held in seemed not too be too particularly high up in the mountainous area, and once again Sunkiss was on the plains. Instead of riding for his dear life, he was running for it, which meant he was more likely than not a dead man already.

Suddenly, Eldon stopped in his tracks and listened. The sky was already smeared in ink black color, and not a star shown through the sky. It was cloudy, dark, and only Leth's moon was visible, barely at that, behind a hazy fog-like cloud. Aside from his already painful breathing, Eldon was completely silent, and he could have sworn, at least for a moment, he heard something in the sky, and if he in fact had, then there were a few possibilities it could be, and fewer still that were likely. Fewest of all were pleasant ones. There was a screech somewhere across the night sky, echoing faintly, then a click. The crossbow. The Zith was already on Eldon's trail, and he wasn't about to let the Drykas leave without a struggle.

There was a snap on the ground several meters away from his person, a revelation that the Zith was a poor shot with the crossbow. Eldon started off running again, his spear was embraced firmly by either gripping hand, his chest was already heaving in and out with painful quivering as he run with all his might. The Drykas could ride a horse for days and never tire, but the Sea of Grass taught everyone that if you weren't as fast, or fierce, as a Glassbeak on your feet, you'd better have friends or you are dead.

Right now, it was looking like the latter for Eldon.

Eldon felt the burning pain before he saw, or comprehended, what had hit him, but the weakness that took hold of his left arm, and a quick glance with his eyes, told him that the Zith had managed a lucky shot, right through his bicep. Eldon felt himself gritting his teeth so heavily that his jaw began to ache, but that hardly helped the pain in his arm. "Caiyha! Is this really how you want me to die? Eldon called out in distress across the plains, but there was no answer. No, he wasn't going to die on the run.

Eldon stopped his maddened running and turned around, and moments later, the Zith himself landed. Apparently he was out of bolts, most of which were scattered across the plains. The creature was ugly, his face scarred up horrendously, his arms had lines here and there where the hair was never going to grow back, but he was large by Zith standards, strong, healthy. Not that Eldon knew the difference, he was unfamiliar with them, until now. "Finally ready to fight like a man you son of a whore?" The creature did not bother to respond, either because of arrogance, ignorance of Pavi, or otherwise. Eldon lifted his spear, the pain through his left arm began to sear with intense strength once again. He wouldn't be able to use the spear so well for very long, if at all.

But he wouldn't have to. The Zith hastily moved across the ground, and even though Eldon was quick to thrust the weapon towards the Zith's path, it easily evaded the tip, batted the weapon away, and charged into Eldon, digging the claws from either hand deep into Eldon's chest. It felt as though the winged humanoid was grabbing a hold of his ribcage. Eldon let loose a scream, a scream that he himself had never heard such painful violence in before. In that night. Eldon didn't have a chance to beat this thing. He was as good as dead. Perhaps it was always as his father said.

'It's a Good Day to die, if you die like a man.'
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Eldon Sunkiss on January 5th, 2011, 7:43 pm

"Eldon!"

Both Eldon and the Zith's eyes widened at the sound, though the Zith was a little more surprised when Eldon's father came riding in from the darkness and, with the only weapon at hand, clubbed the monster on the side of the head with his bow. The Zith stumbled to the side, his claws tearing from Eldon's chest as he moved away in a dazed stupor. Eldon gasped heavily as he himself fell backward, the feeling of the ground meeting him, or more like punching him in the back, was both agonizing and refreshing, he was no longer wasting his strength to just stand. It was like a rest. "Eldon! Get up son! We need to go home, where's Vanah?" Vanah! That's right, he hadn't seen her since his own abduction, which he still wasn't positive on how it came about. He groaned before pushing himself in a seated position.

"She'll have reached Endrykas hours ago for certain. Dad, we gotta kill this thing, there's a human girl he has captive in a cave." Eldon didn't even get to finish before his father started shaking his head violently. Eldon wanted to argue, but he understood what his father was going through. His only remaining son was in no position to fight, to ride. He was leaking blood and needed to be cared for, besides, there was no telling if this Zith has friends (Eldon couldn't imagine a creature like a Zith had the ability to obtain a mutual friendship at all).

"I said I'm taking you home. We can search for her when you've healed up, and we'll take your cousin and a few others with us, but not now. Come here."

"Dad!" Eldon called out as he just barely caught the black shadowy figure of the Zith, now recovered, attacking the older Drykas man. The Zith managed to swipe and slash, carving several shallow wounds into his father's back, but the old man didn't so much as cry out in pain. Instead he spun around and threw a swift solid punch into the Zith's jaw. The two of them began a dirty, inelegant brawl right there. Fists and claws went flying as both of them were taking severe punishment, but the main problem was that his father didn't have claws, not like the Zith. He wasn't going to win like this, not when the adrenaline started fading and the blood was being lost. Eldon had to do something.

Eldon managed to stand up, his head instant felt foggy as his legs weakened. He took his spear from the ground and began to walk towards the fighting duo, and it wasn't a moment to soon. As Eldon punched the spear outwards at the Zith, from behind, his father had fallen, a deep gash had managed to make its way on his throat. Eldon was no medic, but even he knew what that meant.

The spear itself easily pierced through the Zith's back, through the body, and pulled out again. This time, the Zith was the one to scream, its shrill screeching voice rang out across the plains as it tried to fly away, and managed to do just that. Eldon dropped his spear as he stumbled over to his father, he had a hand pressed tightly against his own throat, keeping the vein from bleeding out too quickly, but he didn't have long. If he was going to make it, it would require them to get to Endrykas, and immediately.

Eldon helped his father onto his horse, took a moment to gather his father's bow, and his own spear, then took command of the beast. They rode fast, they rode hard, and each bounce on the horse made Eldon want to fall into a coma from sheer pain, but he resisted, his father's life depended on it. He wasn't going to let his father die, not like this. He wasn't ready for his father to leave him. He would be entirely alone if he did die. Eldon couldn't allow that.

-----
Day 73rd of Winter - Dawn
-----

The sky had taken on a faint orange red colored tint, and Eldon couldn't rid the image of the Sunkiss Family blood soaked into the sky. It was was nauseating. "Eldon, stop please, stop the horse. I need to rest." Eldon grunted in pain, knowing what was only moments away. Tears already began to well in his eyes, he did not stop the horse, but the horse was not his own, it was his father's, and it knew what its master requested. The horse gradually slowed down until it had completely stopped, another ten minutes and Eldon could have made it home, but there never really was hope for his father. The two of them slid off the horse.

Eldon helped his father to the ground, lying him as comfortably as possible. Eldon's father took his hand off his bleeding throat, the vein was cut, leaving him life slowly. Eldon placed his own hand there to do his best to deny the blood flow. "Son... I-I haven't always... been honest... there is... a brother. Yours... I loved your mother... always... but she wasn't... the only one. Your necklace... he... has one... as well. Take care... of... our blood, Eldon..." Eldon felt a cold chill infect his body as his father faded. "It is... a good day... to die." His last words was a revelation that Eldon had one other, a brother, well, half brother. It was obvious they had different mothers. Eldon didn't know if he believed it or not.

"Father?" Eldon closed his mouth as he continued to stare at his father's lifeless body. He was gone. Eldon may have had a brother, but he still felt alone. Eldon lifted his blood soaked hand from his father's wound, and used it to close his father's eyes, leaving two faint red trails from his eyes, down his jaw like tears of blood. He looked like he was crying for his dishonesty with Eldon. Eldon stood up slowly, still looking down at the dead lying there, he wanted to join him, to just lie there until something came and snatched him away. "It's a good day to die. May Caiyha take you." Eldon wasn't ready to give himself up yet though. He had vengeance to claim. If that monster that killed his father, nearly killed him, destroyed that young child's life, if he lived, Eldon would find him, one day, and he would not just kill him quickly, but suffer for his actions. Eldon wiped away a tear rolling down his cheek with the back of his wrist as he turned away from his father. Endrykas was waiting for him.

He walked over to his Father's strider and took his bow, lying it on his chest and folded his arms over it. Perhaps it meant nothing to anybody but Eldon, but he hoped that somewhere, some God would find this gift and return it to his father when he returned to the world. The Drykas would normally salvage and use such a nice weapon, but Eldon felt it was necessary to do this little ritual, if only for his own sanity. He then climbed up onto his father's strider and walked her the rest of the way home.

End
Eldon Sunkiss
Casual Self-Destruction

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mixcoatl on February 2nd, 2011, 10:55 pm

The Lord of the Hunt is Pleased!

The Lord of the Hunt showers you with gifts in joyous celebration!

Eldon

Experience
+1 Weapon: Spear
+1 Riding

Lore
Eldon's Mother's Fate
Being Insanely Lucky
Deciphering Broken Pavi
What Zith Eat
Witnessing Atrocities
Having a Woman Force Herself on You
Being Rescued by Cavalry
Hearing Harsh Truths
Saying Goodbye, Albeit Unwillingly

Additional Notes: A fun little read. Now Kay has a fellow person to hate on Zith with! Yay! Zith hating buddies! Can't wait for the inevitable Zith hunt! :P ;)

Just a heads up on the wounds you sustained, puncture wounds to the chest are quite a bit more serious than you portrayed them. Taking not only a crossbow bolt, but multiple claw-stab wounds to the chest-- the latter being more directly to the ribs-- is generally pretty serious.

Continuing on the note of your injuries, after receiving proper medical attention, Eldon's arm will take 28 days to seal and mend, as it was a through and through puncture wound. This is if he does not use the arm in strenuous activities (ie, combat, heavy-lifting, etc.) during the healing. For four days after it seals and mends, the arm will be 25% weaker, meaning that it will be back to full strength on the 32nd day.

The crossbow shot to the chest will take forty days to seal and mend entirely, but as it did not hit any major muscles, will not result in weakness in limbs. It must remain properly dressed.

The claw punctures will take thirty to seal over. Same deal as above with the muscle-avoidance.

All three sets of wounds will scar.

Also, sorry for the lack of decent experience! >>

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a PM!

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office