Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Rydic Coldfall on January 27th, 2011, 5:54 pm

90 Winter, 510 AV

Rydic's excitement level was through the roof as he arrived on the docks of Ravok city. He had dreamed of going here since he was just a boy, and now that he finally had the chance, he was pumped! It wasn't quite that he could never have gone before, it was more that he had never built up the energy to actually go out and do it. Rydic had decided about a week ago that he would save up money for a trip, and just go for a vacation. Now here he was.

As he looked around he couldn't help but think to himself.. "This place is beautiful, everything is so perfect" ..He continued his leisurely stroll through the streets, stopping every once in awhile to observe something that may have caught his eye. Rydic thought of pulling out his cards and doing a few tricks for those who would walk by, but he suppressed the thought, he was just going to enjoy the day, and not have to worry about anything going wrong about his illusions. He shurgged and kept walking.

While walking down a street, thats name escaped him, Rydic felt a sharp tug backwards. He yelped and grabbed the back of his head, turning around quickly.. Rascal kids, leave my hair alone! ..Somewhat angered, Rydic continued to walk with a scowl on his face, his good mood was ruined and he needed something to do, he was getting sick of just plain sightseeing. Though there was nothing that would give him the oppurtunity.

After a few more minutes of walking, he decided he would sit down, leaning his back against the wall of a random house, and let something fun come to him. After all, good things happen to those who wait, is what he was told. He waited patiently for something, and as he waited, he gradualy focused djed to his teeth, his focused on them being sharper, and longer. He imagined it happening in his head and played out what the transformation would look like. He slowly began shaping it in his conscience, feeling the awkward, upsetting feeling of his front teeth becoming longer. It was slow, and it was hard to keep concentration with all the noise around, but after about a minute or two of shaping, he thought he had it. He slowly moved his hand up and felt the tips of his teeth, which were indeed like he had imagined, razor sharp and long. He smiled to himself accomplished.

While he smiled, he got a few sideways glances, Rydic realized that it must look suspicious for a man sitting at the side of a random house, to be smiling with vampiric teeth. He quickly closed his mouth and focused on reshaping them back to normal. It was faster this way, he knew exactly how his teeth should be, and they were back to normal in a matter of second, he was hoping that noone gave it to much though, for Rydic knew that any kind of magic was frowned upon, even doing his simple illusions was risky. The consiquences were dire, and he knew it, so he would keep to himself for awhile, the thoughts of wanting to do something special, vanished, replaced with thoughts of hope that he would not be confronted.
Last edited by Rydic Coldfall on February 6th, 2011, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rydic Coldfall
Player

Words: 15208
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2011, 2:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Vanna on January 28th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Vanna sighed deeply. Being in this city for hours and still not being able to see even one half of it was somewhat depressing. how long is it going to take her to actually see it all? To find out the things she wanted to find out? Will she have to carry the freaking backpack along through the whole time? If so, she will probably end up screaming like a lunatic in the middle of the street, causing a scene like the one form earlier that day. Wow Vanna, you really did pretty bad this morning.... How could you yell so freaking loud... she thought to herself, rolling her eyes and stopping to look up at one of the really high, beautiful buildings.

Sighing loudly, once again, she moved her backpack to the other side and started moving down the street. No one in particular got her attention, even though she noticed most of them looking at her quite strange. Was it because she was extremely short? Because she was wearing a really tight corset? Because she had a tattoo sticking out of it, on the left side of her chest? Or was it because of her eyes, in a bright, turquoise color.

In a few minutes of walking, she stopped. Something about the people around her was strange. They weren't giving her those What a freak looks.... they were giving them to someone else.
With her head tilted lightly, she turned around noticing a strange, young man doing something within his mouth. What the hell is he doing?" rang in her mind as she took a few steps closer to him, tiling her head even more.

When he smiled, she bit on her bottom lip and with shock in her eyes, allowed her lips to curl into a rather interesting, warm smile. Stepping even closer, as soon as the man closed his mouth, she giggled quietly and with no restrictions, as usual, knelt next to him
"Hello, I'm Vanna... The thing you just did with your teeth was amazing, even though I doubt all of the other people around here liked seeing it...." winking at him, she sat down to whisper againg "but, why not give them a nice show every now and then?"

It seemed as this girl knew the strange man for quite a while, and the ones that noticed her eyes after noticing his teeth clearly were saying prays, hoping for some from Morwen or some other God/Goddess they believed in.
Vanna though, didn't understand why they would do such a thing. The man and her did not seem as any threat to them whatsoever, so what was the problem? They were different? My, oh my, that must be a pretty big deal...

Her eyes went over her shoulder, noticing that the huge, rather heavy backpack was still there, making her frown. Fingers dropped it onto the floor, making sure that the part where it can be opened was turned towards Vanna. You can never be careful enough in cities like this, Jokor, after all, taught her that.
Grinning at the thought of him, she just sighed happily and turned around to face the strange, young man again, not saying anything this time though.
Vanna
Player

Words: 28970
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2010, 8:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Rydic Coldfall on January 28th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Rydic sat there nervous, afraid to move for a couple of minutes. He was about to get up and flee the scene, when a strange women, well, women wasn't the right word. This girl, he would conclude, was only five feet max, and that was be generous. She was rather cute though, and her eyes, was that.. turquoise? Aquamarine? He didn't know, it was some odd color of blue that suprised him. Either way, the girl sat next to him, and clearly knew what he had done, if she knew the roots, he was unsure. She did know what happened though, and confronted him of it.

"Er..I think it would be an unpopular choice to do what I just did more often. It's not very safe."

He looked at her with a half glance, realizing that she wasn't looking at him, instead something around her shoulder, he looked down again. It was awkward, and Rydic wasn't the kind of person that got flustered easily. This was a matter of his own life though. He had to do something, or else his mind would never settle.

"Anyway, my names Rydic, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone about what I just did there.

Rydic smiled, if he got his mind of it, it'd all be better. So he grinned, and turned to face the girl, sitting on his left foot. When he turned and got a whole glance at the girl, she was.. different. The tattoo and piercings really added to the crazy eyes, in the weird factor. But hey, who was he to judge, he was wearing a cape and hat, and had ribbons tied to his wrists, though it wasn't anything odd in comparesin, they both had their own share of oddities.

"You are different then most people I know, I like it. I'm sure you agree when I say that normal is quite overrated."

He pointed casually to her left chest area..

"That looks interesting, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly is it, besides the obvious?"

As he silently awaited for her reply, he realized that people were no longer looking so strangely at him, or the girl for that matter, being in the shadows probably helped, although it sure did make the winters day colder. Rydic couldn't wait for Spring, Winter was by far the worst time of year, he couldn't stand the constant chillly feeling. Although he would say the same in summer, he didn't like the heat either, and was then constantly wishing for winter. It'd be nice if the entire year was spring and fall, yes it would..
Last edited by Rydic Coldfall on February 6th, 2011, 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rydic Coldfall
Player

Character sheet

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Vanna on February 6th, 2011, 11:31 am

Vanna flashed a bright smile towards Rydic as he said his name, tilting her head and once again, showing off her now bright pink eyes.
Yes, they actually changed color right there and then, and in this case it meant that her mood changed, which Rydic was about to see. "A pleasure to meet you Rydic. That is quite an unusual name, as the matter of a fact, I think this is the first time I hear it", whispering softly, Vanna rolled her shoulders to the back, trying to relax her muscles. That damn backpack will kill me one day, I swear

She chuckled when Rydic said that she was differe, lightly looking up and down herself as if to see what was so different about her, but actually, she was just trying to make sure she looked different enough to bring curiosity out of people.
"Well, I guess I am.... But I like it that way. I like people to remember me and I can't do that with me being all casual and simple... and besides, you're quite interesting yourself"

Lightly tilting her head as Rydic pointed at her chest, she grinned, biting on her bottom lip and taking a deep breath. What was he asking about? Her chest? What was wrong with it?
It actually took her a second to figure out that this was the side where the tattoo was. Blushing softly she added, in a rather playful tone "Well Rydic, I'm a tattoo artist... and that on my chest, is a piece of art, not mine though..." Looking to the side, she bit on her bottom lip, at this point taking a somewhat painful breath in, before moving her gaze back to the young man.

Her eyes seemed as if they were made of glass now. Still pink, put slightly darker, and not being able to focus on his. It was as if she was trying to hide something.... Either way, she just looked down her chest and lightly poked the tattoo, before moving her finger all the way down her chest, along the middle of her stomach and down to her right hip, over it and all the way to the middle off her right thigh "That is pretty much the line of that tattoo. It's rather large...." whispering quietly, she just lifted one side of her skirt where the tattoo was, and showed off a tail of that rather large snake. It seemed as if the head of the snake was somewhere on her chest and what was sticking out of the corset was just a part of it's slightly curled body wrapped in flowers of some sort.

OOCSorry I took so long, it's just that my new semester at school started and I was stuck... anyway, I will have more time from now on, so =)
Vanna
Player

Character sheet

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Rydic Coldfall on February 6th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Rydic smiled at her as she mentioned that his name was unusual, he loved having an unusual name, and loved people with unusual names. Speaking of which, Vanna wasn't exactly common. He couldn't concentrate on it long, as the girls eyes changed color right in front of his eyes. Rydic stammered.

"W..What the hell was t..that!""

Rydic moved himself backwards a few inches, he had never in his life seen such a thing. He had met some pretty weird people too. But changing eye color? That just wasn't natural. Then again, he couldn't complain, moments before he had just changed the size of his teeth. Maybe she knew some advanced form of morphing? Either way it gave him the creeps.

He tried to forget about it however and looked back at her as she was identifying her tattoo. She lifted her skirt slightly, and Rydics inner boy gave him the butterflies. It seemed slightly silly, considering the act was nowhere near sexual, but yet there they were! Even if it was, Rydic didn't even take an interest.

"It looks beautiful, I wish I had a tattoo, it would make me so much more unique I think.."

Rydic trailed off and looked down at his body, he had always wanted some kind of tribal tattoo around his lower arm and wrist, or his chest. Something just kind of there. This girl was a tattoo artist, maybe he could get one from her! Then he asked himself, would he really want this girl to give him a tattoo? Not that she was anything but nice, but didn't seem very trustworth with a piece of art that would be with him forever.

Maybe he wouldn't ask, he didn't really want to have to deal with it anyway, he didn't even know who this girl was yet! He'd talk to her for a bit and then deside, he thought that was the best route.

It was then that he noticed the girls eyes had gotten glassy, still the same freaky pink, but almost, sad. He realized that he had been lost in thought for a few moments, and didnt know when this change had occured, and thought to ask.

"Is something wrong? You seem quite upset, I don't like it when others are upset really.."

Rydic moved closer again, he realized that maybe it was because he had scooted away and she thought that he thought she was a freak or something. While, he did in a way, he didn't want her to know that! He felt very bad, and waited for a reply to hopefully cheer himself, and her up.
Rydic Coldfall
Player

Character sheet

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Vanna on February 6th, 2011, 5:23 pm

Vanna chuckled at his reaction. Her eyes did change color, and she was aware of that, but the fact that he actually moved away from her made her almost burst into laughter. What was this boy thinking? That she's some sort of a dangerous monster? Shaking her head a second later, she just added quietly "I'm a Vantha Rydic... it's natural for me to have this happen"

Hoping that explained things to him a bit more, she flashed a silly, somewhat seductive smile at him, before whispering "Yea... tattoos are very beautiful, especially when done by people who are very good at it..." Noticing how he trailed off, she didn't try to hide her eyes anymore. It was fine to be emotional for Vanna, but to show it around others, not really. Especially since she was always that crazy, weird one who was fooling around and starting all the fun.

Once Rydic made a comment about her, she bit on her bottom lip, trying to figure out when did he actually notice that, or how long was he staring at her, while so close. It seemed as if she was the one trailing off with all this around them and in her mind.
"No, it's just that.... this tattoo... has a history that.... I do not really like, I guess"
Forcing a smile again, she looked at him and took a deep breath. No one knew what could hurt this cheerful little thing so much that she started crying every time she'd think of it, and from what was obvious there, she was going to make sure no one will ever know either.

Lightly pulling her backpack to her knees, she pulled out somewhat that looked like a cloak and wrapped it around herself. As the day was getting closer to the night, it was colder. Her eyes moved away from the backpack once again, towards Rydic as she whispered "Are you cold Rydic? Maybe we should look for a place to stay... or I could... let you have the cloak or something?"
Vanna
Player

Character sheet

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Rydic Coldfall on February 6th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Ahh, a Vantha, that makes sense. Rydic had never met one in real life though, it was slightly creepy. Though the girl herself seemed cheerful enough, she matched his personality almost perfectly it seemed! He should probably lighten up a bit. So he smiled and giggled along with her.

"Of course! I should have known that silly me!"

GIggling again, he nodded at her mention of tattoos, they were beautiful works of art, and he could tell just by her emotional touch on it how much hers ment to her. He looked into her eyes again, the tone of pink was getting slightly less scary, though they were still almost sad looking even though she had forced herself to smile. He almost wanted to help this girl just because of how sad she looked. She had that effect on him.

"I'm sorry to hear that, it seems personal, so I won't ask to hear, but I will ask if you could forget I asked and cheer up!"

He smiled and pretend punched her arm. She was a playful girl, he could tell. She noticed the girl taking her backpack off and retreiving a jacket, she must be cold. He noticed that he himself was reltively chilly. It was starting to get dark and that was obviously effecting the temperature. She asked him if he was cold, and he nodded to her.

"We should probably find a place to go, I wouldn't want to take a jacket from you. I'd say we could go back to my house, but I.. it's messy"

Rydic stammered, and then immediately questioned why he couldn't just tell the girl that he lived with his parents. He had no problem with anyone else, that was.. odd. Not only that, he couldn't make up an accurate excuse. His house happened to be very clean. Also, he could have just told her that he lived in Syiras, and not in Ravok. Hmm.

He stood up and looked at her, he looked down at the heavy looking backpack, and wondered what she could possible have in there that would make it so bulky looking. It was odd he thought, that she didn't have anyone traveling with her, carrying her stuff. Then he looked at himself and realized that he would be the one doing that.

"Well then, I suppose we should get going before it gets dark, I'll take that for you if you'd like."

Rydic bent back down and smiled at her as his face passed close by hers as he picked up her backpack. He came dangerously close to actually touching her as he went by. He stood back up with the backpack, which was extremely heavy he might mention, he would have to ask what was in it later, or well, just find out. He waited for her to stand up and took in again how beautiful looking she was. He laughed towards her and held out a hand to help her up.

(OOC: By the way, I forgot to add this at the end of last post, but its perfectly ok :) I'll see you in chat sometime!)
Last edited by Rydic Coldfall on February 7th, 2011, 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rydic Coldfall
Player

Character sheet

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Vanna on February 6th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Vanna laughed playfully and shook her head. His reactions were rather cute, especially when he squeaked like that. She has never met a male that would react that way, as the matter of a fact, the last one she has spent some time with was completely different. Cold and strange... which of course was fun for Vanna as well... on a different level though.
"I'm glad you actually know what a Vantha is.... not many I've met do, so it's hard to explain.. and I'm not very fond of history"

Winking at him playfully, as she heard what he said. It was so nice to know someone cared about how she felt. Her fingers pushed her hair back, over her shoulders, before she nodded "I'll be fine, I promise... and thank you for trying to cheer me up! It's working and I like it" and she was honest about that one, it actually was working and she actually did like it quite a bit.
Her eyes went back to that beautiful, light pink color, almost matching the color of her lips, curled into a charming, somewhat seductive smile.

Her head tilted as he said he was cold, lightly rubbing her own shoulders before shivering. Him saying they could go to his house, but that it was... dirty seemed quite cute to her. "Well, I don't know... I mean, we could go see if there are any houses that rent rooms in Ravok.... If you don't want to go to your home"
Vanna didn't want to push it, since well, she didn't care, she just wanted to go to somewhere where it was warmer, and a bit less dangerous.

Nodding again, she slowly packed her backpack up and helped him take it. For some odd reason, she actually trusted this man to take it. "I hope it's not too heavy... I have quite a few things there" rolling her eyes at just the thought of it, she frowned. Moving onto her feet and blushing as she noticed he was looking at her. Why was he looking? Was there something wrong? Was her dress in the right place? Her hands checked that all out, pulling her skirt to where it should be, adjusting the tight corset and dusting herself off. It all seemed fine to her... so she just tried to ignore it and hoped he didn't notice her blushing cheeks.

"I guess you know Ravok better then me, so why don't you lead the way? Slowly, stepping closer to him and taking his free hand with her own, as if to keep herself at the normal distance, without losing him in the crowd that seemed to grow bigger as the night was getting closer. Was all of what she did odd? Yea, probably, but knowing what kind of a person Vanna was, it was obvious that she did not care.
Vanna
Player

Character sheet

Nothing to Fret [Vanna]

Postby Rydic Coldfall on February 7th, 2011, 4:09 am

Rydic smiled, of course he'd try to make her feel better! He'd hate to see anyone feel sad, yet alone a lovely girl like this. It was an odd feeling he felt for this girl. He was glad that she appreciated his attempts, not many did anymore, then again he didn't talk to much people personally long enough anymore to actually see someone get sad, and try to fix it. Rydic was happy that he could make her happy.

She mentioned that they could try to find a place to sell a room, and he started looking around, it was his first day in Ravok, and she already expected him to know the place! This wasn't going to go well. He thought about admitting that he didn't know his way around, but for some reason he got that feeling again like he couldn't seem like an idiot in front of her! It was so different.

"I'm not great at finding my way around, but I'll find something for us."

He got the butterflies when she grabbed his hand, and he looked back when she grabbed it almost suprised, but smiled and blushed. He had never had a girl hold his hand before, it was a wonderful feeling and he really liked it. Especially with this girl. He grabbed her hand back, and led the way through the masses. It was a slightly thinner crowd then what it had been earlier, but it was still the streets of Ravok, which ment that it was still very crowded.

He readjusted the backpack, and continued to look around for somewhere to stay the night. He looked over every once in awhile and stared at the girl that was holding his hand. He saw a couple places, but even if they did sport beds, they didn't look like they would be very acceptable as places.

"If you see any places, feel free to let me know. He waited a few moments, then continued. "So, I have to ask, what brings you to Ravok? Your quite a good looking girl you know!"

He winked playfully, he wasn't normally one to flirt, but there was something about this girl that brought it out in him, probably because she was flirting with him all night. Though he hardly picked up on the hints consciously, he picked up on them subconsciously. As Rydic looked around, he noticed a motel looking building on the side of the road and decided maybe they should check it out, it was getting really chilly.

"Would you like to try that one out?"

Rydic asked, as he was already on his was over to the motel, he was ready to get this heavy ass backpack off his back, for one, and for two, he wanted to get in the warm. All he had on was his robes, and that didn't give him much protection.
Rydic Coldfall
Player

Character sheet