the life of a ranger

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

the life of a ranger

Postby Artemis on January 5th, 2010, 4:26 am

:: Artemis was drifting off to sleep, on his horse's back, his dog "Hover" was tailing just behind him, intil he suddenly let out a bark, it awoke Artemis with a start ::

Artemis: "Huh!? wha.. what is it, boy?"

:: he looked up, and saw a dark figure descending on him ::

Artemis: "ah crap! its a Zith!"

:: as the Zith swept down, it knocked him off his horse, sending the mount into a panic ::

Artemis: "ha! ya missed!"

:: the Zith came around again ::

Artemis: "bring it.. i got a steel suprise for ya!"

:: he pulled his blade out ::
Artemis
Player

Words: 306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2010, 1:01 am
Race: Kelvic

Re: the life of a ranger

Postby Artemis on January 5th, 2010, 12:27 pm

(im just gonna skip ahead to the end of the fight)

Zith: "damn you, human *cough* why.... why does your kind always live better!? why are you any better than us Zith!? answer me!"

Artemis: "we aren't... im just better than you, in terms of species we are all equal... from Zith to..."

Zith: "spare me the lecture! you humans are just food! like cattle to humans! you are nothing! noth..."

:: he was cut off by a blade between the eyes ::

Artemis: "hmph! damn punk, taking on a ranger when he... what the...?"

:: he looted the corpse, he found 10 gold coins, some garrotte wire and a note ::

Artemis: "to the high priest of Dira, i come bearing grave news, yet another cure for a deathly desease has been found, with it, the income of souls to our lord, Dira will decrease greatly and..."

:: Artemis just crumbled up the paper and threw it away ::

Artemis: "i swear, some of these gods are just ridiculus"

:: he re-mounted his horse ::

Artemis: *whistle* come on, Hover! we are going to the ruins of Kovinus!, we need some salvage, to earn enough to buy a bed and lodgings for the cold, winter months!"

:: he rode off, with Hover not far behind, towards the nearby ruins of Kovinus ::
Artemis
Player

Words: 306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2010, 1:01 am
Race: Kelvic