[Flashback] Out of the Closet [Solo]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Sulavik on February 12th, 2011, 7:28 am

49th Fall 510AV

Sulavik had never thought he would be in this situation. It was almost comical. Having battled with himself for the better part of a year, arguing back and forth the pros and cons, almost as practice for the appearance of his second soul (which Sulavik was sure would appear soon - and was extremely nervous about), he had decided it was time to let the parents know, Gods help him. It was time to inform them he was gay.

To say he was shitting himself with nerves would be an understatement to say the least. Sulavik powered up the pathways to his family homes, having just come from half a day of strenuous Lakan training, which was hanging at his waist. His hands twisted and fiddled with each other, breath coming in short gasps. Why was he doing this? Why, by all the Gods, was he subjecting himself to the possible (more like probable... more like definite) ridicule and ultimate rejection by the two men who had raised him his entire life just so they could know he would never mate with a female, never get them pregnant, never carry on the Vakarion line. Why was he putting himself in this situation?

Because you would hate it if you were stuck pretending for the rest of your life, he thought to himself, and it was true. He would never be content staying in Riverfall, admiring men from afar and pretending to like women. No, he could not do that. So, he was telling his family on the off chance that they accepted him nonetheless. If not? Well, he did not have to stay.

He had reached his family home. Taking a deep breath, setting back his shoulders, straightening his 7'3" frame and steeling his soul, he stepped in the house. "Father, Uncle Jelis. I'm home from the Tuvya Sasaran."
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet

Postby Sulavik on February 16th, 2011, 7:35 am

He placed his wellworn pack, a pack which he had carried with him at all times since his Rite of Trial, onto the floor beside the door. Walking through the hall, he twisted his left fist on the handle of his Lakan, as he so often did when nervous. Stepping into the study, he found his uncle sitting and exclaiming over a map of the Sea of Grass, and his father sitting silently watching his excitable brother.

His uncle was a little shorter than him, younger than Sulavik's father. He was more scholarly than both Sulavik and his father, and it showed in the decidedly less built frame. He was an expert in the history of Cyphrus, and extremely well versed in the geography and cultures of the land surrounding Riverfall. However, he had never been outside of Cyphrus and he had no inclination to go. Jelis, his uncle, had been his tutor growing up in the scholarly arts, often despairing when Sulavik ditched lessons to go and train in combat. It was this truancy on Sulavik's part that Jelis often bemoaned, and Sulavik never missed a chance to tease his uncle with fake questions of stupidity.

While his uncle and he were not expressedly close, they certainly had a functioning working relationship. His father, on the other hand, was a presence that constantly intimidated Sulavik. Yasij was a tall, muscled Akalak, the typical warrior that sprung to mind when one heard the name of their race. He was stoic, oftentimes ignoring Sulavik entirely if he was the least displeased with him, and was extremely unapproachable. Despite this, Sulavik had worked his entire life to please the man, and it was his opinion that Sulavik was most worried about.

Sulavik walked into the room, cleared his throat and sat down. He nodded at his father, who observed him silently, not saying anything but not looking away. Swallowing, he turned to his uncle. "Uncle Jelis, what have you found that gets you so excited?" He wondered if his voice quivered and cracked, the buzzing in his ears - from nervousness or sickness, he could not tell - making him almost deaf to his own voice. Jelis smiled toothily at him, excited. "My boy," Jelis began. Yusij rolled his eyes, clearly having heard this several times. "This map is a map of Endrykas' migration throughout the seasons! I can now TRACK the city's movement, and hopefully get an opportunity to meet with this hardy race!" He grinned at Sulavik, and sat back, as if waiting for a similar exclamation from Sulavik.

Sulavik, having no real interest in the Drykas and no real grasp of geography, couldn't care less. He was saved from having to make up a half hearted response by the quiet voice of his father. The nervous Sulavik jumped as his stern father addressed him. "Boy," for Yusij had called him boy, even after his Rite of Manhood. "How was the Tuvya Sasaran today? I hope you improved on your skills." Sulavik bowed his head respectfully. "Father, I hope that I have. And if it pleases you, I will demonstrate the uppercut elbow move I trained on today, but I will show you this tomorrow." Yusij raised an eyebrow at his son. "Why not tonight, boy? I wish to see it. I wish to test if you can beat me yet."

Sulavik swallowed. He could escape or avoid it no longer, he had to tell the pair of them before the knowledge burnt a hole in his head. Swallowing, he leaned forward, until he was almost off the chair. His knee jumped up and down in nervousness. "Father and Uncle Jelis, I must talk to you. About something. Serious. I do need your full attention for this."
Sulavik
I warned you.

Words: 94130
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2011, 11:40 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet