Dreams are Only Dreams (Ursula, Remulus)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Ageru on February 13th, 2011, 5:29 am

33 of Winter, 510 AV

The cat wandered the wilderness for some time, and has been days, weeks, sense he as seen another person. Travelers were uncommon as it was without him sticking slightly off the beaten trail to avoid and dangers that might traveling them. Humans and other race might be good to socialize with but can also bring great deceit as well. He wasn’t too far off the road though, he could still hear the footsteps of anyone walking the trail and maybe the occasional voice or two. Its not that he was avoiding people, he loved people, he was avoiding the danger that some of them brought, and in a strange land, without a traveling guide or companion trust was going to be a hard thing to get. Total trust in someone is what he is seeking but he finds that almost impossible, and although he might think and act like this now, actually meeting a person or talking to them the situation might come out totally different.

You see, Ageru isn’t one to hold grudges and only wishes the best for people, both good and evil. Though he finds good and evil silly concepts that were made up by society he tries not to judge someone on their actions or words but by who he sees them as. So, naturally, first impressions matter with this cat, and are extremely important to gaining any sort of trust with him. A tad bit judgmental, in his own mind, he isn’t nearly as harsh as he likes to think he is.

The kelvic wore only a pair of tattered and rather dirty and old looking leather pants and the rest of him was covered, mostly, by the warm and insulating fur cloak that he holds so dear. His hair disheveled with the constant travel, but by looking one could tell he at least tried to make it look decent. Though decent for a cat, for him, is nearly impossible to obtain and normally he would spend hours trying to make it look right and feel right and be clean, he had to give that up for a couple hours of travel. A nasty exchange, but necessary if he were to get anywhere at any reasonable time, which was one of his goals.

Anywhere was a relative term though to the kelvic. Anywhere could be that rock a couple steps in front of him or that tree, which he is surrounded by, in the distance or maybe even a couple more hours up the road. Anywhere, sense he had no idea at all where he was going was a really loose term. Maybe he could head to some civilization, or place with people. Somewhere where he could feel alive and actually talk to someone. Traveling alone sucked. That was a fact that he had found out days ago. No one to talk too was the most horrible thing to him, no one to laugh with or even make sure they were alright before drifting off to sleep, but most importantly no one to serve. He was a servant and was born one and now he had nothing, no master, nothing. He felt complete yet incomplete towards this painful reality of freedom. Who could have guessed freedom would have sucked this much? He had dreamt about these days, and yet, as cold reality sets in, dreams are only dreams.

Finding he has traveled enough for today, at least he didn’t have someone to keep him going, he found the nearest tree and leaned his back against it; slowly slid down until he was sitting. A sigh would escape him as he contemplated how far he had gone for the day, which wasn’t very far at all in reality, but was good enough for him. He tilted his head back until the back of it hit the cold bark of the tree and he closed his eyes for a moment. Perhaps he should just make what camp he could here, and although there still was plenty of sunlight out, the day not ending so fast as he would like, he knew when he would wake up from his nap it would be plenty dark.
Last edited by Ageru on February 13th, 2011, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ageru
Player

Words: 61756
Joined roleplay: February 6th, 2011, 8:07 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ursula Altello on February 13th, 2011, 5:47 am

She had traveled for a few days now, finally off her horse walking around it felt good to stretch her legs now. She yawned, they had been going for a while, she couldn't remember when they had last taken a break, or eaten. Her stomach growled in response to her mind, how long had it been? She couldn't even remember now, she looked around her, blue eyes sweeping the land in front of her. Ursula placed her hand over her eyes, trying to get a better picture of where she was. She didn't recognize the area, they had obviously taken a wrong turn somewhere and gotten lost.

Sighing she picked up the pace, wanting to be in a more familiar area she knew would never come. "Where have you taken us now? Sometimes I swear you do these things to me on purpose." the large horse snorted at her. "Don't get coy with me, this is your fault, you know that." it was then that she tripped and fell on her face. "ughhh" she rubbed her face, she had scuffed her elbows, she felt them bleeding slightly. Rubbing her temples she looked behind her at what she had tripped over.

A man, oh god she just fell over a man. Ursula practically flew up, reddish tint coming into her gray cheeks. She was so embarrassed, how had she not seen him? So wrapped up in her own thoughts she didn't even look down, or wonder if there were people near by. "I..gosh I am...sir I'm so sorry, I didn't...didn't see you there." she stuttered out. Her face was still reddening by the second "I didn't mean to...to to, I didn't mean to trip over you." God she was so stupid, she didn't know what else to say so she hugged her arms tightly to her and moved closer to her horse. He was snorting again, moving his feet around feeding off her anxiety.

Ursula gave the horse a glare, she wished he would stop his wiggling, he was making her more nervous. She grabbed hold of his reins and shushed him, he stood still but gave her a sideways glance. He would take off on her next time she rode him, revenge was always bittersweet. She looked back to the man "I truly am sorry." she said it softly, almost like a whisper.
Ursula Altello
Player

Words: 16914
Joined roleplay: February 7th, 2011, 7:29 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Ageru on February 13th, 2011, 6:31 am

He had heard the sound of a person and something else coming by, but being as tired as he was he decided it best, for him and his sleep, to ignore it completely. Life was better, well easier for him, that way. Which if its easier for him then it must be better. It was weird though, only looking out for yourself, and will take some getting used to. He yawned and stretched arcing his back in a true cat-like fashion and then tried to settle more into the tree as he attempted to relax. Setting up camp was too much work right now and can always be done later. Besides he has great vision in the dark.

Now all comfy up against the tree he was about asleep, having blocked everything out in his tiredness, was only brought back to reality from his half asleep state by the feel of someone bumping into him and not only that but tripping over him. Slow to react he kept his eyes closed and didn’t move a muscle when she started to explain, defend, herself with words.

As his gaze fell upon her and her horse he sighed, ”It’s fine” he smiled at her, ”Not the first time this has happened,” he laughed, but remained where he was. ”The real question is are you alright, miss?” he seemed to add the title in a little late and it made the question seem awkward to him, but this whole situation was awkward. His eyes glazed over her, noticeably inhuman, he was just glad to have company, and the good kind of company that doesn’t try to steal from you, but only trips over you in your sleep. He would take that over a highwayman any day.

He continued to watch her as he stood up, and offered her a quick smile before it vanished and he awaited his answer from her. His cloak, heavy with fur, kept him warm as he continued to stare at her just happy to have company ”I guess my nap will have to wait” he tried to joke with her, but his humor most of the time wasn’t all that funny. ”My name is Ageru” he introduced himself trying to dispel the awkward that seemed to loom between them as he could really think of nothing else to say. It was kind of annoying really, wanting to run into a person, and then finding nothing to talk about or, even worse, to find yourself at a loss of words. He was truly annoyed with himself, but he tried not to let that show as he tried to refocus on the lady in front of him. He gave her another toothy smile showing off, unknowingly, his elongated canines. He didn’t mean or he wasn’t trying to scare her, but just trying to be friendly. People liked it when someone smiled at them. That much he knew.
Ageru
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ursula Altello on February 13th, 2011, 6:42 am

She looked down at her elbows, they had stopped bleeding and she nodded in response to his question. She was fine, just a big bruised and her embarrassement evident. "I am truly sorry for waking you, I didn't see you down there, we were lost." she motioned to Larson, her horse. "I think we veered off course somewhere and ended up here, I'm unsure." she couldn't help but babble, being in a position that made her nervous generally did this sort of silly thing to her.

She smiled softly at him, he had smiled at her, she felt it was only right. The forced smile made her look silly, foolish even. "Ursula, I'm Ursula." she saw his fangs and stepped back for a moment. It was rude and she didn't mean to, it was a natural reaction, though given what she herself was, it was wrong of her. She turned to the horse, trying to make her movement seem intentional and not from shock. "So, why are you sleeping out in the open here, isn't that kind of...dangerous?" she didn't know much about here, wherever here was, but she assumed strangers shouldn't generally be out in the open like this at night.

That smile made her anxious again, but she pushed the feeling away. She had trust issues, but she was determined to over come them, especially to someone being so nice to her. "So, what are you?" she clapped her hands over her mouth, realizing how incredibly rude that had been. "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry Ageru, I didn't mean it! I just...I was curious that's all." she forced another smile, followed by a quick frown.
Ursula Altello
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ageru on February 13th, 2011, 7:02 am

He continued to watch her and when she answered her name he said ”Its nice to meet you.” Being polite was always the best policy, and he even gave a slight, overformal bow that seemed out of place in the middle of the wilderness but was there nonetheless. It was kind of like him, out of place but there just because he had no other place to be, or really go. It was quite a sad situation to tell the truth, but it was his reality and he had to accept it. He had to move on, as painful as it might be, but he always had his cloak to keep memories close. He didn’t want to forget what had happened to him, no, not a chance in the world. That can be said more so towards the bad than the good for it’s the negative experiences that shape the outlook of our world so dramatically.

He had seen her flinch at the sight of his teeth, but he pretended not to see it, not to notice it. It was for the better for the both of them, and it made the whole scene less awkward. The cat gave a light chuckle at her first question, ”Out here in the open?” he asked. Though he would leave it at that ”Sure its dangerous.” he looked around, ”But it’s the only option I have not having a place to call home.” He smiled at her again but this time was careful not to show any of his teeth. This lady indeed was enjoyable, and not just to look at.

He shifted his eyes to the ground and then flicked them back up to her as he heard and was thinking of an answer to her last question. He kept silent for a moment, only a moment, but it seemed so much longer than that to him, and most likely to her as well. He tried to hide the crossed look that he knew he was developing and tried to laugh it away, though that only resulted in a more serious look. ”What am I?” he repeated the words slowly back to himself, ”I am a kelvic.” he made the answer seem so simple, ”But to be more specific I am a cat.” he stared at her to see her reaction. To judge her reaction, to even, subconsciously, judge her. ”I know what I am, but I don’t know who I am…” he admitted just glad to have someone to talk to, ”Do you know who you are?” the tone in his voice seemed to change. It was different, sounding almost defeated by the fact that his identity was brought up and into question. What am I was an easy answer, but if she wanted to know a little more she would have to dig and judge for herself.
Ageru
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ursula Altello on February 13th, 2011, 9:08 pm

She smiled, a real smile this time, letting the tension go from the situation. "Its nice to meet you as well, sir." she still didn't understand why he would be sleeping under a tree, wouldn't it have been far easier to sleep in a tent or something. She wasn't sure, she didn't sleep very often, which was evident, the underside of her eyes were bluish. She didn't know when she had slept last, she was always haunted by such nightmares when she shut her eyes. "Do you mind if I sit with you, just for a little while I mean, if you want me to go at anytime just say so." she didn't want to be a bother to him, she was just suddenly aware of her need to rest.

Ursula's face reddened at his chuckle, oh good she had said something to make herself look stupid. She was always doing that, it was awful. "Well I mean, its nighttime, and you are out here with your guard down, and no one to keep watch and...I don't know." she sighed, she was a naturally paranoid person, but when you live with your guard up all your life, that was to be expected. Shrugging her shoulders she tried to elaborate "Where I'm...from...I always had to keep my guard up, always had to be on my toes because you never knew when your last day would come." she used the term from loosely, she wasn't from there, she was just forced to be there all her life. A sadness sparked in her eyes, noticeable but she hid it well.

Kelvic, she seemed to run into them often since she started her journey, some nice and some unpleasant. They were a popular race, and an interesting one at that. "A cat? That's...neat." she still didn't know much about the kelvics, they were here there and everywhere all the time. She had met them in the farthest reaches of her journey, and many since entering Sylria. She shook her head at his next few questions, Ursula certainly didn't know who she was, just what she was, both good and monster. "Where are you from? Do you live around here or do you just travel around?" she wanted to keep the conversation going, wanting to fill in holes for awkward silences.
Ursula Altello
Player

Character sheet

Postby Ageru on February 16th, 2011, 10:36 pm

He grinned at her real smile. It was funny how one can tell what is real and what isn’t when you study another’s face and actions. It was great and the smile was a welcome sight. He nodded at her question, “Of course you can sit with me” he patted a spot next to him, “company is always welcome,” He said. She was friendly enough, or maybe he was a fool. Either way she was going to sit with him. That was if she still wanted to. He watched her for a reaction and smiled putting his hands on his knees.

He listened to her argument, if it could be called that, and nodded at that too. It made sense. “You are right. It is unsafe, but I thought by staying off the road I would miss travelers like you…” He laughed, “Obviously that didn’t work.” He was a very light hearted guy and was hardly serious. His life was too short to be spent being serious all the time. Although his light hearted smile turned serious when he heard what she had to say. Never knowing if it would be your last day, he thought that way sometimes, but now he was free and so was she, “You know. What happened has happened.” He tried to lay it lightly on her, “I have my fair share of horrible memories…” He said going silent only to look up at her when she asked where he was from.

“That is a good question.” He laughed again, though this one not as great or as happy as the one before, “I have no layout of this land and don’t even know where Im from. You see, knowledge of locations, names of places wasn’t important for me to learn so they were never taught to me.” The memories came back to him about the things he was taught. How to clean, take care of things around the house, how to watch children and keep them entertained, and various other things. He was a gift and nothing more to the family. The answer to the other question asked was easily enough answered by his first answer. He traveled around, wandered was more like it. He had no idea where he was going or what he would do. “Do you… Know where you are from?” He asked with a big old friendly smile that would make any onlookers think that the two have known each other for quite some time. He had that charisma with people that flare, that certain touch that was sought after by many.

“So, why are you out here in the first place if this place is so dangerous? Must be trying to get to somewhere important” He asked leaning more into the tree relaxing again. This girl might make some fun company. She was at least polite, not that he was a big stickler about manners. They were just enjoyed when they were there, and he tried his best to follow them as well. Though human manners and the concept in general still confused him he tried his best.
Ageru
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets