Garessaveral (Veral)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Garessaveral (Veral)

Postby Veral on January 7th, 2010, 1:14 am

Basic Info:

Name: Garressaveral
Nickname: Veral
Race: Dhani
Type: Viper
Height:

Snake - 7 ft
Dhani - 10 ft
Human - 5’ 2”

Region starting in: Syrilas

Physical Description:

As a snake, his scales shift between the solid colour of gold and white, however, if patient enough, colours of red and yellow can be seen between the shifts of gold and white. It’s is a rare chance, however, to glimpse the subtle changes. Usually, it means your life in return.

His human skin, quite akin to his scales, is pale. Gazing onto his skin is quite like admiring the pale colours or certain ceramic utensils. Pale, yet firm. With no facial hair to cover his face, his sharp features show clearly. A sharp face shape is accompanied by a petite, yet sharp nose, and his lips are thin and curved.

His ideal clothing, on a day out into a city, is a dark turquoise (Almost navy) coat (Much in the style of a blazer) with slight adornments around the lower body. The coat ends at his hips. He keeps it open at the front to show his waistcoat, with identical adornments as the coat, over the waistcoat, and shares the same colour as the coat, albeit, a lighter shade. Beneath these, he wears a shirt, mainly white, with some sort of clothing around the neck, be it a scarf, or nothing. His leggings are usually of the same colour, matching his tops, and boots that are dyed in the same colour again. These are not common clothing for him, but ones he wears rarely, if he wishes to be noticed, or look more presentable.

He wears anything else he can find, to match the situation, or the setting he is in.

Personality and History:

“You wish to know about me? Hmm. Very well, I believe I can divulge this information to you.

Unlike many of my kind, and contradictory to mine own cruel features, I am not a follower of cruel japes, or torture. I keep a neutral outlook on this world, mainly because my aims in life depends on such views. My eating habits are not as messy nor out drawn as many other Dhani. Yes, there IS a certain joy to playing and torturing my prey. But what good does it do for me? Pleasure? I am above such feelings. My pleasure comes from knowledge. I feed, because I have to. I feed, because I need to.”

Veral laughs slightly, as the look on your face softens and relaxes.

“Do not be deceived, however, since I do not state that I abhor such pleasures, nor am I ashamed of what I am. If I am in the mood, I will allow myself such pleasures, but only for a while, for too much pleasure can be intoxicating. However, the majority of the time, I find that it is too much of a burden to wait for my prey to die an agonising death, so I end it quickly.”

A smile creeps onto Veral’s face as he notices your discomfort.

“Lucky for you. I am not in such a mood.

Hm? Oh, my aims? Ah, I will be honest with you. I am an ambitious and determined Dhani. One may think I am ambitious for women, money or mainly power, right? No. I crave knowledge. Knowledge of the world! The world around us fascinates me in ways you will never understand. The way of life, to the way of death, to the arts of battle, to the arts of love-making. Books are my joy, I will do anything to find and have a book, or a piece of information that interests me. Don’t get me wrong, I am not daft enough to believe that I have the capacity to gather ALL knowledge in the world. No, no. But I aim to find out, and record as much as I can.

I have a love of books. A good book will always attract me over a woman, or money. One thing I do abhor, is the destruction of books. I cannot abide by such insolent, barbaric behaviour. Burn a man, but do not burn a book. For that reason, I have killed, stolen, bribed, seduced people for a book.”

Taking out a small silver box, Veral gingerly opens it and takes out a small pipe, and fills it with tobacco, and returns to speaking, pausing in his speech every time he takes a puff of the smoke pipe to get it going.

“As you… can see… I also enjoy my tobacco. A pipe and a book is all I need for a delightful evening.”

Listens as you inquire about his history.

“My history? It’s a long tale, so I shall shorten it so it is easier for me to tell, and for you to understand. But before we start, I need something to quench my thirst.”

Getting up, Veral walks to a cupboard, and opens it to produce a small bottle of dark red liquid. Noticing the colour of your face slowly draining, he laughs slightly.

“No, no. It’s not blood. I don’t savour it’s taste that much. Wine?”

Pouring himself some wine, and some for you, he walks back to the table, and settles down.

“Now.

I grew up in a nest of Vipers, my people. The nest was situated somewhere in Northern Eyktol. We’re a sort of sub race in the Dhani race, as you might already know. I grew up learning how to hunt, and to gather to provide for the women in my nest. After a while, I started to learn how to shift into my Dhani form, which is my half snake, half human form. As a youngling, like many Dhani, I was solely interested in feeding, and gaining power to kill others. At the time, I aimed to become some sort of warrior. I was cruel, because I saw fit to take what I wanted, how I wanted.”

Veral laughs, as if realising a mistake.

“I guess that hasn’t really changed then, has it? Anyways, it was when I was around 100 that I started to learn how to shift into a human, and learn the human language. It was then that I set out into the world, mainly due to the fact that I was being sought out as a person to mate. Becoming a slave for women is one thing I do not wish to do. A fear, you could say. I was careless at first, killing as I saw fit. But then, I met someone who changed my views. I came across a Jamoura, his name I won’t divulge, since it isn’t needed. At first, I was thinking of killing him, like anything else that came into my path. But then, instead of cowering in fear, he wanted to talk. This intrigued me. Someone, at the brink of death usually cowers in fear. So I stilled myself, and we talked.

Now that I look back on it, I see that the main reason I stilled myself, was because the Jamoura easily towered over me, and could so kill me in a swipe. But I had the brain of an idiot, and so thought him a good match. But I am glad I didn’t end my life so swiftly, because this Jamoura, after a lengthy chat, took me back to a place he called the great forest of ‘Spires’.

It was here I learnt many things that changed my view on the world. I discovered my passion for knowledge. Many things happened there, but I shall not divulge what happened there, since that is my little secret. But since then, I have ventured into the world, a changed person.

More ruthless. And more intellectual. Yet I have many things to learn!”

Veral smiles, and slowly trickles the rest of the wine down his throat.

“More wine?”

Skills and Lore

Racial - Poisons +10

Poisons - 10/100
Archaeology - 10/100 (10 points from Starting Package)
Calligraphy - 5/100 (5 points from Starting Package)
Cartography - 10/100 (10 points from Starting Package)
Papermaking - 10/100 (10 points from Starting Package)
Interrogation- 10/100 (10 points from Starting Package)
Riding - 5/1000 (5 points from Starting Package)

Lore of Northern Eyktol Habitats

Growing up in Northern Eyktol, and constantly hunting and traversing it, Veral has become accustom to the habitats of the creatures in said region. This knowledge comes in handy, when traversing the region, and time is scarce for a big meal. Thus smaller meals can be found with ease.

Lore of Spires

Living in Spires for twenty years has made Veral understand the complex society and living conditions of the habitants of Spires. If ever, he returns to Spires, he would be able to live in such conditions again.

Equipment

- Starter Package

1 Set of Clothing (cloak/coat & footwear included) (As described above)
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
- 1 Set of Toiletries (comb, brush, razor, soap)
- Food for a week
- 1 eating knife

- Additional Travelling

Flint and steel,
Bedroll,
Eyktolian Desertbred,
- Colour: Black with white blazes around the facial area.
Saddle, Riding,
Saddlebags, Small,

Travelling clothes:
Riding Boots,
Wool Pants,
Wool Cloak,
Leather Gloves,
Wool Jerkin/jacket,

Tools

Vial, Ink,
Toolkit, Mapmaker’s
Tobacco (Two pounds worth)
Smoking Pipe, Good quality

Also, In order to write, I'll need a quill, and paper. Do they come with the Ink? OR do I need to make them?

Ledger

100 GM (Starting Package)
+500 GM (No shelter)

- 1 GM Flint and steel,
- 1 SM Bedroll,
- 50 GM Eyktolian Desertbred
- 10 GM Saddle, Riding,
- 4 GM Saddlebags, Small,

- 1 GM Riding Boots,
- 5 SM Wool Pants,
- 5 SM Wool Cloak,
- 5 SM Leather Gloves,
- 1 GM Wool Jerkin/jacket,

- 1 GM Vial, Ink,
- 12 GM Toolkit, Mapmaker’s
- 10 SM/1 GM Tobacco (Two pounds worth)
- 2 GM Smoking Pipe, Good quality

Total: 501 GM 5 SM

I'm currently residing in Syrilas. However, I had acquired the Horse when I was in the Spires, in Taldera. Which is why it's only 70 GM. If there's a problem with that, let me know.
Veral
Player

Words: 4260
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2010, 12:12 am
Race: Dhani