Don't belong (OPEN)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Don't belong (OPEN)

Postby Nero Falcar on February 21st, 2011, 8:48 am

Day 92 - Winter 510

Nero had lost count of the days, how long had it been since he lost Tar? He couldn't remember. Did it really matter? Tar was gone, his loyal falcon was dead, along with him went Nero's job. He was a drudge now, the lowest of the low. From morning to night he worked non-stop, he had heard several people commenting about this was where he really belonged, doing hard labour and starving all the time. He was cleaning the skyhigh stables, no one had bothered to clean them out since the end of the trade season Nero had a feeling that someone had it in for him and this was some kind of twisted punishment. Nero shook his head, "Great now I am getting paranoid," he growled to himself, "and talking to myself..." he glanced at the other Dek who was working at the other end of the stable but he wasn't paying Nero any mind.

Nero stomach growled, he had barely eaten all day. Who was he kidding? He had barely eaten since Tar had died. 'Maybe I want to die?' he thought to himself, eventually the work and lack of food would kill him. And the sad thing was, Nero didn't care, he was ready to embrace death. Tar had, Tar was dead and in a better place... Nero once wouldn't have thought like this, but he had paid for his optomisim... he had paid with Tar's life...
Nero Falcar
Player

Words: 4892
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2011, 7:24 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Don't belong (OPEN)

Postby Arilia on March 1st, 2011, 10:19 pm

Arilia had to get away.

She'd just spent the last half hour pretending like she couldn't hear what the other women were saying about her, when truthfully, she had heard every word.

And of course, once they began saying horrible things about her long gone parents and twin sister, her temper had spiked and she lashed out violently. She never did have the ability to control her anger, that was Aloria's forte.

And like all the other times, the women would look at her as if she were mad, as if she had lost her mind. That of course, wasn't true, but which one of them would have taken the time to figure that out?

Once the crowd had dispersed and she was left alone once again, she found that she needed to go somewhere where she wouldn't be judged, even if it was only for a little while. That was when she decided to escape to the skyhigh stables, her own personal nirvana.

The animals in the stables wouldn't judge her. They never did. It was the one place where she actually felt welcome at this point in her life.

Wearing a simple black Bryda and a halter style Vinati which exposed a smooth toned midriff, she entered the stables quietly. No one would really question her for being at the stables, which was a good thing because she didn't want anyone to interrupt what little time of peace she could steal away for herself.

Walking swiftly and quietly, she made her way to where they kept the horses, she liked them best. She was absentmindedly tugging on one of the many stray braids laced with black glass beads in her hair when she heard someone speak.

"Great, now I'm getting paranoid, and I'm talking to myself..."

She came to a stop silently as she waited to see if the owner of the voice would show himself. After a few moments, she heard the soft growl of the speakers stomach and her lips twitched into a slight smile.

Without another thought, she flipped long curly bright red hair over her shoulder as she stepped forward from her hiding spot. The slight rustling sound her Bryda made against the stall floor alerted the man of her presence.

His head snapped up and bright green eyes a shade lighter than her own looked back at her. In that one moment, she saw an intense sadness in his eyes, but in the next instant, it was gone. The man, or boy rather, didn't say anything, just looked back at Arilia with a quiet intensity.

He had a nice face, she decided as she returned his gaze. Why, she wondered, has she never seen him here before...
Arilia
She Who Bites Back

Words: 4138
Joined roleplay: February 28th, 2011, 10:46 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet