[Kulkukan Tavern and Inn] Time for a meal (Iredeth)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Nisana Curare on February 8th, 2011, 7:58 pm

For a moment Nisana contemplated explaining to Iredeth about her feelings regarding Animation. If it had been Serena sitting across from her and asking she would have answered without a second thought. She wasn't sure she was comfortable being that open with Iredeth though. After a few moments she decided at least a partial truth would do.

Giving a faintly reassuring smile to her half blood sibling Nisana shook her head, "There is nothing wrong with Animation. I find the art impressive. I just have... complex feelings tied to it. It is unpleasantly amusing that you practice it as it makes it seem more like our meeting is for the pleasure of some being that enjoys bringing up unpleasant memories," she hoped Iredeth would not question the matter further. Confronting one unpleasant point of her past was plenty for her at the moment.

Nisana listened quietly as Iredeth spoke of her thoughts regarding their meeting. She was somewhat surprised that there was no sarcasm in the woman's words, especially when she mentioned a twining of fates. She wasn't sure she was willing to go so far as to say that, but it was a possibility. She certainly could not think of a fate the two of them would share, but she had to admit she could not see the future.

After a few moments of silence she finally replied, "I do not know if our fates are twined, but our blood is twined. That has me curious, along with the importance it carries. You say you will be traveling soon, yes? Perhaps we should travel together for some time and see what happens? If nothing else, it would be safer to travel with someone else," though she wasn't sure if Iredeth had any skill in combat she could at least be useful as another pair of eyes, and staying with her half blood sibling would give her time to figure out what should be done regarding all of this.
"Moz seh krevas dav'ene obris zhevat."

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare
Alt of Alenias, Proud Huntress

Words: 74590
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2010, 2:38 pm
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

Postby Iredeth on February 23rd, 2011, 6:58 pm

Iredeth played absently with a stray lock of hair, curling and uncurling it around a long pale finger. She had given some thought to her traveling arrangements earlier, and had come away with the simple conclusion that venturing out into the wilderness alone would be dangerous. Yes, she had some basic knife-throwing skill, but she had never used it in a real fight. Even though she was planning on purchasing a horse, she had little experience with riding, and didn’t want to have to depend on an animal to escape danger. Traveling with someone else would be beneficial on all levels.

“You’re right,” she said simply. “It would be safer to travel with someone. I plan on going to the Sylira region, and perhaps to Avanthal later on. At the very least, we can at navigate the grasslands together. Shall we wait until Winter’s end before leaving?”

She wasn’t yet sure if she wanted to travel with her half-sister by her side, but she refused to let emotion interfere with a logically-sound plan. Nisana was a hunter, one who was doubtless skilled with a bow. Iredeth knew that her chance of survival would rise dramatically were she to travel with the woman. Her doubts on the matter were irrelevant for the moment.

Iredeth
The Doll Maker

Words: 34091
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2010, 4:02 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nisana Curare on March 1st, 2011, 6:25 pm

"Yes that sounds good," Nisana replied to Iredeth's question with a nod of her head, "I had planned on staying here for at least the remnant of Winter anyways. That way I have time to search Riverfall, and the journey will be somewhat warmer at least. I might wish to stay a little longer if I find a good prospect, but only time will tell in that regard, yes?” she gave her half blood sibling a faint attempt at a friendly smile before she turned her gaze down to her still digesting food.

Again silence filled the air between the two of them. Nisana frowned slightly to herself as she looked at the fish on her plate. Though she had admitted, both verbally and mentally, that Iredeth was her sister that did not easily give Nisana the ability to talk with the half blood as she had with Serena back in Kalinor. She wasn’t even sure if that was something she wanted, but if they were to travel together it would be better to be on friendly terms. Luckily she still had her training in charming words, and after a moment she came upon an idea to hopefully lead to more pleasant conversation.

Turning her gaze back to Iredeth she gave a warmer smile before she spoke, “So may I ask what kind of things you use in your Animation? I am sure you know the art better than I, but I do know a little. Do you work in cloth, metal, or something else?” Though speaking of such things brought back memories of Velarian not all of those were unpleasant, and it was at least something she knew that her half blood sibling had knowledge of.

Nisana has a few threads loose in her head. Anything written underlined in her posts is only in her perceptions, and should be ignored by anyone else. :)
Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Postby Iredeth on March 5th, 2011, 1:06 am

Iredeth blinked, a puzzled expression flickering across her face. She couldn’t fathom why Nisana would be asking about Animation. Nobody had asked her about Animation since – well, since Velarian, and that had been two years ago. She blinked again, becoming acutely aware of the stretching silence. “I use cloth,” she said, hurrying to fill the silent void with words. “I sew dolls, and then I animate them.”

“Sometimes, I also use copper wire for the dolls’ joints,” she added, a small smile ghosting across her lips. “It was a useful tip from an acquaintance some years ago.” She wondered why she still remembered Velarian after all that time. Maybe it was because he had given her advice on using the wire. Maybe it was because he had been the only Symenestra besides Sirella who had acted decently toward her. She supposed she would have to add Nisana to that short list now as well. After all, the woman was obviously trying.

She cocked her head to one side before asking tentatively, “How do you know of Animation? I didn’t think it was very popular in Kalinor. I only ever met one other Animator there.”

Iredeth
The Doll Maker

Words: 34091
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2010, 4:02 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Nisana Curare on March 8th, 2011, 3:59 pm

Nisana listened politely as Iredeth spoke, and gave a small nod to show that she was. When Iredeth mentioned using the wire for the joints Nisana tilted her head slightly as she wondered why to do such a thing. Thinking back on what Velarian had told her she came to an idea, and asked, "The copper wire is to give the dolls strength, yes? Because it is more firm than the cloth by itself," there was sincerity and a bit of eagerness in her words as she spoke as she let her fascination with the magical arts show through.

When Iredeth mentioned that she had only ever met one other Animator before Nisana's smile fell slightly. While Nisana herself knew of two Animators in Kalinor she could not bring herself to believe that Iredeth would be familar with Velarian's father. It seemed she could not avoid the subject entirely, and she just hoped that this series of coincidences would not continue to the point of her learning that Iredeth held feelings for the man as well...

"Allow me to guess," Nisana said with a soft laugh that wasn't entirely amused, "The one that you know is Velarian Zantedeschia, yes?" assuming she was right she moved on without waiting for a reply, "He is the one who showed me Animation, and gave birth to my interest in the arcane arts," she paused, contemplating whether to say more, but decided not to and simply fell silent. Sitting back in her chair she watched to see Iredeth's reaction with half of a smile.

Nisana Curare

Character sheet

Previous